Ohana

Littlenemo

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I've been trying hard to get a reservation for Ohana but no luck so far.

I will keep trying but just wondering if I can go without a reservation. If so when is the best time to arrive and how long will we have to wait on average?

Thanks!! :)

The earlier the better. They may be able to seat you if they aren't busy. We've only gotten in 2 out of 4 tries without rezzies.

brertoad said:
The earlier the better. They may be able to seat you if they aren't busy. We've only gotten in 2 out of 4 tries without rezzies.

Is it worth the chance and wait?

Hi all,

I will keep trying but just wondering if I can go without a reservation. If so when is the best time to arrive and how long will we have to wait on average?

Most restaurants take some walk-ups. I'm not sure about the chances at Ohana specifically (it was one of our longest waits WITH an ADR for breakfast).

The best option is to get there before the restaurant opens, so you can be first in line as a walk up. They may turn you way entirely, or offer you an ADR that opened up for later. It depends on how full they expect to be that day. I imagine they won't let you stay, unless they expect to be able to seat you within an hour, but I don't actually know.

I would get there at 5, when they open. I am sure at that point they will tell you your chances of getting in. If you can't get in, perhaps go next door to Kona cafe for dinner, which is a nice restaurant also.

We did this in February. They have a special stand-by line. I would suggest getting there around 4:30. When the restaurant opens they will come to the line and tell you that they will seat the stand-bys as no-shows happen. We were third in line and were seated around 5:30.

When we were there the stand-by line was at least 12 groups deep by the time the restaurant opened and I am not sure if everyone got in. Getting there at 4:30ish will put you closer to the front of the line and give you a better shot a table.

Good luck!

Hi all,

I would say early. We had ADR's for 5:15 pm, and when we arrived (around 4:45 pm), there was a standby line already forming. I do believe that all of those people ended up getting in, so just get there early and I think you'd have a chance! :thumbsup2

'Ohana opens before 5pm now. I have an ADR for 4:45pm and 4:35 was also an option, so not sure if they open at 4pm or 4:30. You might want to get to the bar area by 4pm just to be sure and enjoy a drink while you wait for them to open.

O'hana is my favorite restaurant. My husband and I each got to pick half the restaurants that we are going to on the dxdp. My husband has never been so he was looking at menus etc and he wanted to go to O'hana. So I didn't say anything and let it be one of his picks :rotfl: So I got an extra pick.

O'hana is definitely worth it and as we didn't book our vacation until about 90 days out, I had to stalk the res site for over 2 weeks, but I managed to snag one.

Keep trying. If not, be there when it opens, they will be more likely to take a walk up.

I have 90 days to try and get a reservation, but if I can't then we plan to be there about 4:30 and if we can't get in we will eat at Captain Cooks (QS at the Poly). Ohana is literally the only restaurant that I want to get an ADR for.

Thanks everyone, I think we will definitely try.

I fly on the 17th so still a little time to try get a reservation otherwise will do as others have said and wait early.

I just read so many good reviews I want to try it.

We have other Disney restaurant reservations. We are staying off site but normally eat all off site but making it an extra special honeymoon so trying to get in! :)

We were there last week with no reservations and this is how it went. The restaurant opens up at 5pm. There are 2 lines-the 1 to the left is for not reservations and the one to the right is for guests with reservations to check in.
We were told to arrive between 430 and 5pm. We arrived at 445. We were 4th on line. At 5pm the 2 check in people start checking in guests and hand them a beeper. the line seems endless. Approximately 520 one of the check in people come over and asks everyone in line how many are in there party. People who only have 2 people got seated first. We were given a beeper approximately 545 and were seated by 6. It was not bad at all. When we left the restaurant we asked if we do not have a reservation can we just show up anytime to take the chance and were told no, they only take walk ins in the beginning of dinner 5pm.
Good luck and its worth a try!!
Enjoy

OP, i don't know your party size, or what date or time you wanted but there's a 9:45 pm ADR available for two on Sept. 18 for 'Ohana. It's kind of late though.

But I just checked again and managed to get a reservation at 9.45pm on the 19th September!!!! Woooooooo :cool1:

That will be ok for us as we want to wander round Old Town that night and see all the cars so we'll have a late lunch to get us through!

Thanks for all your help!!! :)

You have all been very helpful!! Can't wait! :banana:

But I just checked again and managed to get a reservation at 9.45pm on the 19th September!!!! Woooooooo :cool1:

That will be ok for us as we want to wander round Old Town that night and see all the cars so we'll have a late lunch to get us through!

Thanks for all your help!!! :)

You have all been very helpful!! Can't wait! :banana:

Ooops! This was what I meant, OP. i gave you the wrong date :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter