Ohana ... peanut sauces ...

notrub98

DIS Veteran
My son is allergic to nuts and I know Ohana uses peanut dipping sauces, which is why I've never had dinner there. But I have always wanted to.... has anyone ever been successful in having dinner at Ohana peanut-free? He is not allergic to airborne so if other guests had the sauce it would not be an issue.

My son has a peanut allergy and we will not have dinner there if he is at Disney. My daughter and I have eaten there and the peanut sauce is everywhere and the chance of cross contamination is high.
Even when all of us have breakfast there we make sure to wipe down the table and his chair although no peanuts are served in the morning. (And I hate to say it but the chairs in particular have been very sticky and dirty with a substance that could very well be peanut sauce.) I think it is too risky to chance it if his allergy is severe as most peanut allergies tend to be.

If he has a tree nut allergy, that is a different story. I do not believe that tree nuts are used at 'Ohana dinner. Peanuts are not actually a nut, they are a legume.

We successfully dined there with two peanut allergic kids. We didn't get the peanut sauce and my kids could not have the bread or bread pudding due to cross contamination issues. They got served large bowls of ice cream with Mickey sprinkles for dessert. Make sure you note the allergy on your adr and remind your server.

My daughter has a peanut allergy and the chef came to talk with us and the peanut sauce was not brought out to our table and we had a great meal. There is nothing with peanuts or nuts in any of the food items just the sauce. THe sauce is contained in small cups and were no where near our table. We loved it so much we are going again our next trip.

My son has a peanut allergy and we will not have dinner there if he is at Disney. My daughter and I have eaten there and the peanut sauce is everywhere and the chance of cross contamination is high.
Even when all of us have breakfast there we make sure to wipe down the table and his chair although no peanuts are served in the morning. (And I hate to say it but the chairs in particular have been very sticky and dirty with a substance that could very well be peanut sauce.) I think it is too risky to chance it if his allergy is severe as most peanut allergies tend to be.

If he has a tree nut allergy, that is a different story. I do not believe that tree nuts are used at 'Ohana dinner. Peanuts are not actually a nut, they are a legume.

Thanks! My son unfortunately has both peanuts and tree nuts ...

I am allergic to legumes (but CAN eat peanuts and green beans/sometimes makes my lips tingle but not anaphylatic, yet...and can be around others eating, exception like school lunch room when serving canned peas) and always carry a couple of epipens.
Chef came out to chat. He made me my own salad--beans of some sort maybe? on the regular--and had to skip the sauce and maybe the mixed veg. I think they offered to steam some broccoli, too. Not sure, but I was stuffed...
Not so much as itch.
He was really on top of it. Double checked in a book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!