Ohana or CM for breakfast?

hokie98

Mouseketeer
I have an ADR for breakfast @ CM, but now thinking about Ohana... What's the difference exactly? Lilo & Stitch are obviously at Ohana, but Mickey is there too, right? Instead of a buffet, Ohana is a family style platter (like Akershus, which we did last trip)? Opinions of those that have tried them both? TIA!

I have an ADR for breakfast @ CM, but now thinking about Ohana... What's the difference exactly? Lilo & Stitch are obviously at Ohana, but Mickey is there too, right? Instead of a buffet, Ohana is a family style platter (like Akershus, which we did last trip)? Opinions of those that have tried them both? TIA!

So I also just napped an ADR to Ohana...but one is going to go - either CM or Ohana. I'll be me, DH, DD7, DS1, and possibly the grandparents. From reading old post, looks like Ohana is preferred over CM. Still the case?

We've done them both (CM twice and Ohana once for breakfast) My DD is 6.

I'd go with chef mickey - all the characters and lots of food to choose from. Such a happy atmosphere. But we've only been at 7am so food was fresh and it wasn't busy or noisy.

Ohana was fun and the food fine but cm edged it for me.

We are doing both on our October trip so you can't go wrong either way.

I'd go with Chef Mickeys - I love watching the monorail! :)

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We did 'Ohana for the first time last June and loved it. Seems less hectic than CM. Get Mickey and Pluto in addition to Lilo & Stitch.

Also always recommend Cape May-- great option near Epcot for character breakfast.

Ohana.... Tried CM twice and both times it was bad. The fruit was moldy, food was cold, and the characters were rushed.

I'd keep O'hana too. I liked the family style eating. You don't have to constantly get up for food, and the juice is to die for!

We found 'Ohana not to be in the same league as CM's. We loved the atmosphere at CM's. It was very bright and bustling, the characters were really friendly and the food was great too.

We enjoyed Ohana but it was just dark (yes, lol, I know it is Polynesian), the food was not as good, and the characters not as friendly.

I would say to anyone CM's is a MUST when going to WDW. It just feels very 'Disney'.

Thanks all! I have a reservation at both right now - seems like CM is definitely the hotter ticket since there are available times at 'Ohana's, but NOTHING else at CM the entire week! My inlaws are flying out the day I was planning on hitting breakfast, and think our 10:45a CM ADR is too late. I'll check with them to see if they are interested in breakfast that AM before they leave, and if so, we'll go with the earlier 'Ohana ADR. The variety of different foods at CM is appealing, but family style at the table has it's perks when you have little kids!

Lilo and Stitch lead all the kids in the restaurant in a parade around the restaurant in O. Plus we found the Poly a very fun resort to explore. We were ferried to MK from there... just a different experience.

CMs is much more buffet-ish. There is a larger variety of food to choose from and you get to meet the fab 5. We didn't have a great experience there just because DD1 kept getting interrupted by the characters as she was trying to eat. But I figure that was just circumstance and not the restaurant. Still, we will be holding off on revisiting CMs until both DDs are older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter