O'hana, Kona, Sanaa, Boma... rank 'em!

Tonyz

How do ya do? Pretty good, sure as you're born!
I think the general consensus is that these are the best 1 credit dining opportunities on property (Agree, disagree?)

How would you rank them? I personally love them all.

1. Sanaa
2. Kona
3. Ohana
4. Boma

I've never been to Sanaa, and it's been SOOOOO long since I've been to Kona (once, at least 10 years ago, for dinner, but would LOVE to go for breakfast, and try their press pot!!).

So - of Ohana and Boma, I think I prefer Boma for the range of foods, being able to get what I want and as much as I want of that range, and being able to experience the majesty of AKL and the animals before and after!

And if Tusker House (last time I did it was before the characters), Crystal Palace, and Biergarten are still all 1 credit, I've always foud them to be personal "must do's" as well. And I also enjoy Cape May (for either breakfast or dinner) if that's still 1 credit - and I don't even eat any seafood except fried or shrimp cocktail!!

Great question, by the way!

Last edited:
Heidi I know people do love Tusker House and it got rave reviews from Pete when he did his best 1 credit dining. I always forget about that one for some reason.

Cape May is great if you love crab legs and clams (which I do - I can eat my body weight in them) but I know some people feel it's more hit and miss.

Crystal Palace doesn't seem to have a great reputation as least for dinner. Breakfast is supposed to be good. I would love to do it one day. Breakfast with Tigger and Pooh and then get into Magic Kingdom early?? Yes please!

Heidi I know people do love Tusker House and it got rave reviews from Pete when he did his best 1 credit dining. I always forget about that one for some reason.

Cape May is great if you love crab legs and clams (which I do - I can eat my body weight in them) but I know some people feel it's more hit and miss.

Crystal Palace doesn't seem to have a great reputation as least for dinner. Breakfast is supposed to be good. I would love to do it one day. Breakfast with Tigger and Pooh and then get into Magic Kingdom early?? Yes please!
Yes, I've done Crystal Palace more for breakfast than any other meal, and not even to get in MK early - like I said, it's been awhile. :o And I've done Cape May for both breakfast and (as a landlubber) for dinner, and had good experiences both times, and i love the ambiance of that area.

of the four you list I think I would have them in the exact same order as you (though I could see putting Boma ahead of 'Ohana - they are close for me)

Other 1 credit locations I'd consider adding to the list: Skipper's Canteen, Raglan Road, and Garden Grill

They are all places I need to be in the mood for and it doesnt' really bother me if I never get to them again.

Hmmm...for those with the option, do you mean dinner or breakfast?

Here's mine:

Sanaa
Kona (breakfast)
Ohana (dinner)
Boma (either)

Sanaa - dinner
Kona - breakfast
Boma
Ohana
Ohana is last because it's no fun for two people... put me in a group of 6-8 friends and it would be great (and worth 1 TC). Breakfast at Kona I'd pay out of pocket (why use a TC for a $15-20 breakfast). Sanaa and Boma are worth it because I can't get that food at home.

Crystal Palace was okay for dinner for us both times we've been - not something I'd rave about, but definitely better than many buffets I've done. And any meal with Tigger and Pooh (and Eeyore!) is worth it. :)

Crystal Palace was okay for dinner for us both times we've been - not something I'd rave about, but definitely better than many buffets I've done. And any meal with Tigger and Pooh (and Eeyore!) is worth it. :)
Don't forget Piglet - he is SOOOOOOOO cute, and huggable! :) And I agree on Eeyore, I always whisper to him that I want him to just TRY and smile, for ME!! :)

1: Boma Probably 75% of the time the only ADR I even make in advance is Boma dinner.
2: Sanaa
3: Kona
4: 'Ohana

Ohana #1 !
Sadly Our Home resort is AKL and we have never eaten anywhere but the Mara :/ ..Our next trip we are definitely doing Boma

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter