Ohana for breakfast and dinner on the same day?

Mickey ears all my years

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

My family and I will be visiting for the first time in late July 2018 for 21 days on the DDP. At the moment we are really enjoying making plans and then changing them. Even with all our table service credits it feels like it is hard to fit everything in.

My original idea was to do Ohana for breakfast ( something we are dead set on for the characters - children will be 6 and 4) and Liberty Tree tavern for dinner. I'm wondering about whether or not to change this to Ohana mostly for the bread pudding which sounds delicious.

Which restaurant do you think would be most engaging for children of this age group?
Would it be overkill going to the same place twice?

Looking forward to your ideas.

They're pretty different meals. If you're not staying at Poly, it can be a little awkward getting there twice, though.

Generally, I'm not a fan of two AYCTE meals in a day.

The meals are very different. 'Ohana dinner is one of my favorite meals, and I will almost always advocate for that, LOL!!

As for breakfast, I think there are more fun character meals, but we love Stitch, so it's worth it at least once. If he's your draw, then this will be a great choice. If it's just characters in general, I'd go with Tusker House, Crystal Palace, or Garden Grill (in that order).

I do agree with aurorab above, that's a LOT of food in one day, but if you spread them out and don't really do lunch, it might be fine. I haven't been to LTT since it was a character meal, so I can't really comment on the atmosphere there for kids. I had planned LTT for the past several trips and they always switch the menu right before I go causing me to cancel, and then end up changing it back right after I return :rotfl:it figures!

I thought Ohana was a character meal for breakfast but not dinner although they do have interactive games for the kids like coconut racing.

They're pretty different meals. If you're not staying at Poly, it can be a little awkward getting there twice, though.

Generally, I'm not a fan of two AYCTE meals in a day.

I think if you are staying at any of the monorail hotels or Ft. Wilderness (via boat) getting to the Poly is pretty easy.

I'm opinion-less on LTT since I haven't eaten there. Was considering it for the next trip until I realised they replaced the prime ribs with pot roast.

Last edited:
O'hana breakfast and dinner are completely different meals. If it works out best in your schedule to do them on the same day, sure, why not? With 21 days, though, is there any chance you can split that up and do them on different days? If not, I would do it. O'hana is much more fun and interactive. LTT is simply an AYCTE meal set in a colonial themed tavern. It was a character meal years ago, but, alas, no longer.

We did Ohana for breakfast and dinner in the same day last month. Like others have said, they are very different meals. I kind of don't get people saying two AYCTE meals in a day is overkill, unless they're stuffing themselves at each meal? I guess we tend to eat a normal meals worth of food at buffets/AYCTE rather than literally eating all we can.

Most AYCTE meals are slow meals. 'Ohana, this is true at both breakfast and dinner. So that's 4+ hours dining right there, especially considering 'Ohana is more likely than not to seat you late (and Liberty Tree is getting spotty in this regard too).

I thought the breakfast food was horrible at Ohana. However, the dinner is my favorite place to dine at Disney.

IMO I think you should replace the Ohana breakfast with 1900 Park Fare. The food is about 900 times better, and you get 5 fun characters: Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter.

We do it every trip on Friday.... 'cause Friday is Hawaiian shirt day!

I think it's too much food for one day. I barely ate anything before my early dinner reservation at Ohana and I have never felt more full in my life and wish I hadn't had anything to eat before. Dinner is amazing, never been to breakfast so can't comment, but I think you should either do them on separate days or just one. Also, both meals will take a really large chunk of time out of your day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter