Ohana entertainment times

keriannhoward

Mouseketeer
We ate at Ohana on Saturday night. We had a party of 8, including children ages 15 months, 4 and 8 and 16. Our PS were for 5 pm and we checked in at 4:45, in fact, we had to wait for the hostess to finish setting the station up and get the little notifier thingys out. One thing we saw was that even though we were the first there in line to check in and we saw our name down on the list first, we weren't seated until about 10 after 5-we saw several parties seated before us. I'm not sure if they were able to check in another way that I didn't see or not.

Dinner was great, I liked the food and so did the other adults, however, surprisingly, the kids didn't like it at all. The steak was really good, but a little rare for me to give my 15 month old, so I asked our "cousin" for steak that was a little more done and while we got it finally, he wasn't as cheerful about it as I had read other "cousins" had been. The turkey was WONDERFUL and so was the pork, but none of us really liked the shrimp. I thought the food was good, but not outstanding. Our biggest disappointment was with the timing. I had read so many great things about Ohana and how fun it was for children, but the singing and games don't start until 6:45 or 7. We finally asked our "cousin" when they would start since the kids were ancy and dancing around and he explained that 6:45 was the earliest they would begin singing, but he would ask if they could start a game. We waited a while but finally when the 4 year old lost her mind, we left at 6:15 without seeing anything out of the ordinary of a regular restaurant :(

I think we must have gotten there either too early or on an off night, we weren't impressed at all.

I'm sorry you didn't fully enjoy your experience at 'Ohana, it's one of our favorites. Did anyone tell you you could order a different meal for the kids? We were fortunate enough to have a server on our first visit that cued us in on this. DS is the only one in our group that doesn't enjoy the regular offerings here.

While I'm pretty sure the singing doesn't start until later, we've always been there for at least a couple of the games...hula hoops and coconut races...and our last 2 PS times have been 5:00.

Is there a good time to make res. for the fun and to be able to be there for the wishes fireworks? I would love for the kids to do the games, but I would also like to see the wishes when it starts also if you get a seat by the window for wishes, is ti also good for the games?

Susan,

our waiter wasn't very talkative, really. We didn't see much of him at all, in fact. Another man brought us more food but after taking our drink orders and telling us that we were too early for the entertainment, we didn't see our waiter again until we flagged him down for the check.

We must have just been there on a rough night. Maybe we'll go back without the kids next time :)

hi keriann

I'm so sorry your experience wasn't great at 'Ohana. Don't let that stop you from trying again! I don't know of the exact times, but I seem to remember that the fun didn't start until after 6:00. We've been there so many times over the past year, and I can tell you from lots of experience that usually the waiters are very interactive and receptive to kids (we always get lots of those little umbrellas for the drinks).

I know that probably doesn't make you feel better about your experience, but you really may want to give it another try. Our kids were 5 and 6 when we were there and they absolutely loved it and still talk about it.

Well, I hope the rest of your trip was magical!!!:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Wow, our experience at Ohana last March was totally different! We got seated right away, and even at the table I asked for (by the front window so we could see the castle). Our waiter was awsome with our kids, we LOVED all the food, our kids did too. They did the games while we were eating the appetizers, so that was nice. Everything was so great, we will always go back on every trip! I wish your experience had been as nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter