O'Hana Character Breakfast or Kona's?

Daisy21015

Mouseketeer
We are going to do either Kona or O'hana one morning before MK

Which would you recommend? Is the Tonga Toast worth doing Kona over O'Hana? Which would be faster to get in and out of? How good is the Character Breakfast with Lilo & Stitch?

Thanks for your insight

Kona food is usually very,very good. One of my favorites, especially the sticky wings and the desserts.
Ohana breakfast with Lilo Stitch Mickey etc is more ordinary food and is about the characters and kids parading around the dining room.
DD7 wants to go again this year for 3rd year in a row.
One of her top 3 places along with 1900 Park Fare(screechy stepsisters, evil step mom and Prince Charming) and Coral Reef(because of the aquarium).

'Ohana for breakfast is incredible! We loved it. The characters are awesome and it's great not to have to leave your table to get your food from the buffet. It's served family style and your server will replenish your servings. The food was delicious, too! We have been to Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickey's for breakfast but prefer 'Ohana. :)

Looking at the age of your kids, I think they would really enjoy
O'hana Best Friends Breakfast. I love it as an Adult.
Lilo and Stitch are some of my Favorite characters.
Mickey and Pluto are also at O'hanas.
I really enjoy the atmospher at O'hanas.
I find it really easy and quick to get to Poly and back to MK
from the Poly. We ate at O'hanas for the last 3 years
and plan on eatting there next trip.

The Tonga Toast is worth the trip from anywhere. This is one of my favorite treats when we go. It is very sweet if you like sweet things.

We had breakfast at Kona on 10/21 at 8 a.m. We've had breakfast at Kona AND have done OHana character breakfast in the past.

The reasons we prefer Kona over OHana are that:

When we arrived, the lines of people waiting to be seated at OHana snaked all over the upper lobby area of Poly -- people everywhere!! At Kona, we walked right in and were seated (we always make ADRs, but my point is that we didn't have to wait for our table). OHana is a jam-packed experience, Kona is calm.

The food is better. The choices at Kona are wonderful; the platters at OHana are not (IMHO).

If you have no other character breakfasts booked and really want to see Stitch and Lilo, go for it. But if you want a really wonderful breakfast, go to Kona.

I think I am more cofused than before :confused3

We will go for first seating so do you think lines at O'hana will be long then?

We do have other Character Breakfasts planned and Lilo and Stitch are not necessarily on our favorite list - I liked the idea of family style and the platters looked pretty good.

The most important for us would be to get in and out, eat a substantial meal to tide us over and get over to MK so that being said, what would you do???

We love both breakfasts but I have to say the 7:30 am at Ohana was amazing, the food was awesome the character interaction was the best we ever had and you can order the pressed pot coffee!

I loved the juice at O'Hana. Not sure what the combination was, but I think I drank 4 glasses of it! LOL I really liked it and then we were very close to MK where we were going for the day.

Never been to Kona, so cannot say.

I think I am more cofused than before :confused3

We will go for first seating so do you think lines at O'hana will be long then?

We do have other Character Breakfasts planned and Lilo and Stitch are not necessarily on our favorite list - I liked the idea of family style and the platters looked pretty good.

The most important for us would be to get in and out, eat a substantial meal to tide us over and get over to MK so that being said, what would you do???

If the most important thing is to get in and out relatively quickly then do Kona. Ohana breakfast is fun with average food; I would only do it if the kids insisted on these characters. You probably won't have to wait long at Kona and the Tonga Toast is awesome:lovestruc ; definetly not for the calorie concious!:rotfl: Good luck.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!