O'hana 5/4/6

DanaHesson

DIS Veteran
My husband and I have dined at O'hana twice. Our first visit was back in November 2005, the week after thanksgiving. We did not have an ADR, and we dined around 8:30 pm, and watched Wishes from our table. The food was ok, and the experience was fun. I really enjoyed the Bread pudding with Banannas foster sauce, but some of the meats were a little on the dry side.

This past Thursday, we had a 5:40 adr. The sides were great (and I knew to order some shrimp without sweet and sour sauce!), the wings were hotter, the salad did not seem as drenched in the dressing. Even the potatoes were moister and more flavorful. Then the meats came. Everything was juicy and delicious. I especially liked the pork. We did not try the sausage or the turkey this time, basically cause we were too full to eat anything else and still have room for the outstanding bread pudding (the main reason I made another ADR for here!). The bread pudding came out, and lo and behold, it was EVEN BETTER than I remembered. Needless to say, I was very pleased by our experience here, but I was left wondering if it was so much better because it was so much earlier in the evening. Has anyone else had this experience?

Also I have to give a nod to the fine folks at the Tambu? lounge. The Pina Colada with the raspberry in it was OUTSTANDING!! I remembered to take a pic about halfway through the drink, and I will post it later after I have time to figure out how to do it..

I ate there this past week and the only thing we found intresting about it was that Scottie Pippen sat by us ! The food was bad , Meat dry ( yucky) the side dishes were ok , the potatos were good but not great but if you add a stick of butter to anything it will be good LOL . The veggies were just steamed veggies , the dressing on the salad was great but not as great as the dressing at WCC.

Just my thoughts on it I wont be going back even on free dinning because it just wasnt worth it at all .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter