Oh the Pressure to do a PTR -- We're Home & Surprise Video up on Facebook

KatMark

DIS Veteran
Hello old friends (and, of course, any newcomers). I had no intention of doing a Pre-Trip Report for our September trip. But due to some pressure from some of my DIS friends, I decided to relent and am now going to do one.

First, let me tell you that this is going to be a slow-moving PTR. You might be asking "why"; the answer is simple...we still don't have our resort picked out, although we do have our flights, our rental car and our ADR's.

So without babbling any longer, let's get to the introductions of your travelers.

Traveler Number One is the best husband a gal could ask for. Mark works five days a week as a salesman for close-outs (think dollar stores). But he has a second job in the summer which pays for our Disney and Nicki obsession -- he umpires baseball (and that is why I started this PTR tonight...he's an hour and a half away umpping eight games this weekend to add to our vacation fund; since he was an hour and a half away, we got him a hotel room for the night rather than drive back home and have to drive another 90 minutes tomorrow morning).

My wonderful husband (making our Disney money):

MarkUmppingforNickiland002.jpg

Doing what has become a favorite of my Trip Report followers:

Day4178.jpg

And, then there is me. I will be starting my 37th year at my job this July; I work for a law firm and have been with the same attorney 36-1/2 of those 37 years. In my leisure time, I love to DIS, play Cafe World on Facebook and read.

And, just in case you don't know who I am, here are a couple of photos:

ArrivalDayandDay1111.jpg

Day2Pictures037.jpg

We are the parents of two remarkable young men (I can't really call them kids anymore as they are 26 and 24).

Andy is the oldest. He is still currently looking for a teaching position (he had a disappointment last week...we thought for sure he was getting a position and he didn't); he also is the assistant Varsity coach of the baseball team at a local high school, coaches summer travel ball as well as fall ball, and gives private hitting and catching lessons. He still lives at home and takes care of our sweet dog when we go on our trips.

Andy and his girlfriend Des from their trip to Disney in February:

epcotandyanddes.jpg

Then there is Mark, our youngest. Mark lives in Dubuque, Iowa, about a 3-1/2 hour drive from us (and don't tell him...but I miss him so much). Mark is currently working for a subsidiary of John Deere and is the Assistant Varsity Wrestling Coach at a school in Dubuque and he also runs the kids program and the off-season program (including getting All-American college wrestlers to come in and give clinics to the kids). Mark became engaged this past March to the beautiful Alisha; we cannot wait until she is a member of the family. He found a gem in Alisha and we love her as if she's already a member of the family.

Mark and Alisha proposal night:

Engagementphoto.jpg

And last, but certainly not least, our very own Princess, Cookie. Cookie is 14 years old; she was diagnosed with cancer in her mouth over a year ago. We had the tumor removed but chose not to do chemo at her age. She is doing remarkably well and it has never grown back.

Our Princess:

Cookiemyangel.jpg

There will be three very important people missing from this trip which has made us very sad. The last two trips, we have spent a great deal of time with MaryAZ and her adorable girls, Avery and Cayley (and a little bit with hubby Jeff); I also took a girls' trip with Mary and the girls this past January. It is going to be very strange not having "my girls" with me on this trip:

Photo0960FourBySix.jpg

Up next, our travel dates and our final three resort choices.

You didn't really think you could get away with not doing a PTR, did you :eek:

I can't wait to hear what your final three resort choices are. Maybe OKW, SSW or CSR?

I'm here too...first page??? :woohoo: I am!

happy you caved into our gentle persuasion :rolleyes1

so are you going to have a contest for your resort pick???

BTW, love the title... It is too funny that we can still succumb to peer pressure as adults. ;)

So glad you did!!!

Love all the intro pictures. :goodvibes

I have to admit that I am glad you were pressured into doing a PTR! I'm definitely joining in! And thanks for the heads-up! :goodvibes

Thanls for the heads up. I was sad reading through the travelers and knowing that we would not be there. And then you had to go and post that pic of you and the girls. :sad2: Our trip in Oct will just not be the same...I am looking forward to ur PTR.

I'm here! :wave: I'm glad that you caved. :goodvibes I, too, am rather curious about where you're staying, but I'm eager to hear about your ADRs and any other details you've got planned.

You didn't really think you could get away with not doing a PTR, did you :eek:

I can't wait to hear what your final three resort choices are. Maybe OKW, SSW or CSR?

:welcome: Diane. A girl could hope, couldn't she?

You have two of the three resorts correct. ;)

I am here!!! and I think I made first page:woohoo:

Ann, :welcome:; I'm thrilled to have you here. And you definitely made the first page.

I'm here too...first page??? :woohoo: I am!

happy you caved into our gentle persuasion :rolleyes1

so are you going to have a contest for your resort pick???

Lisa, glad you made it to the first page.

Yes, I caved (I've always had a hard time saying no).

No...no contest for my resort pick. Mark and I are battling over our choice and that's why a third option came into play.

BTW, love the title... It is too funny that we can still succumb to peer pressure as adults. ;)

So glad you did!!!

Love all the intro pictures. :goodvibes

Yes, I sometimes think us adults are worse than the kids.

Thank you. :goodvibes

I have to admit that I am glad you were pressured into doing a PTR! I'm definitely joining in! And thanks for the heads-up! :goodvibes

:wave2: Amanda; thanks for coming in. You are welcome for the heads up.

:welcome: Shannon; delighted to have you here.

:woohoo::woohoo: Jen is here. :)

Reading along!

:welcome::welcome: I'm glad to have you here (I know I've seen you on various TR's I follow).

I'll miss a bunch because we are leaving on our trip in a week. However I'll try to check in while we are gone. Those Sept. plans will be just the boost I need as school starts in August!

Thanls for the heads up. I was sad reading through the travelers and knowing that we would not be there. And then you had to go and post that pic of you and the girls. :sad2: Our trip in Oct will just not be the same...I am looking forward to ur PTR.

Mary, I just can't picture our trip being the same. :sad1::sad1: But I am keeping my fingers crossed that we are able to do our girls trip in January and that you are able to go our dates in May 2013 to help us celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.

Did I make the first page??? I'm in.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Yes, you made the first page, Pat.

I'm here! :wave: I'm glad that you caved. :goodvibes I, too, am rather curious about where you're staying, but I'm eager to hear about your ADRs and any other details you've got planned.

:welcome: Tina. Yes, I caved again (and it wasn't even the guys that pressured me). I wish I knew where we were staying. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'll miss a bunch because we are leaving on our trip in a week. However I'll try to check in while we are gone. Those Sept. plans will be just the boost I need as school starts in August!

Have a great time. And don't worry about my PTR...it will still be here when you get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!