Oh My - GF DVC?????

Bob Price

Mouseketeer
Bilby frequently asked "so what's the next resort available to us." Uh-oh. Would they really announce it here???

Two British "characters" just stumbled into meeting. Names: Victoria and Albert.

:surfweb:

I attended the DVC Annual Meeting. Highlights:

• Grand Floridian announced! Opening end of 2014.
  • On-line booking starts gradually beginning Jan 19
  • DVC members will be able to purchase Tables in Wonderland without an AP
  • More TV channels including FOX News
  • Point reallocations are coming again
  • Vacation planner being mailed tomorrow – handed out at meeting

http://i235.*************************************DM_20111208_162603.jpg

Bilby frequently asked "so what's the next resort available to us." Uh-oh. Would they really announce it here???

Two British "characters" just stumbled into meeting. Names: Victoria and Albert.

:surfweb:

Sounds like Claire learned a little from Steve Jobs, "and one more thing.." ;)

are they going to lower points for weekdays?

We did get the new point charts, but since I don't have the old ones with me and I'm too lazy to look it up right now, I will check it out when I get home and can study all the resorts points. She did say there were some " balancing" changes in points though.

I'm all about the pool. Did they discuss a pool and slide at the meeting? Oh please tell me it won't be as small as the BLT one? I'm excited to try GFV!

Thought they might announce it. More excited that you can buy TIW without AP.:cool1: We will make up the cost easily with 6 of us and 2 adults that like wine with dinner!

We did get the new point charts, but since I don't have the old ones with me and I'm too lazy to look it up right now, I will check it out when I get home and can study all the resorts points. She did say there were some " balancing" changes in points though.

Are you sure its the 2013 point charts you received??

Awesome news on GF. Poly is sure to be next as DVC has figured out that small DVC components at premier hotel locations sells fast and at a premium cost.

Oh Joy! Fox News ;)

Seiously though, I'm excited about the TiW card. I'm also excited about GF, but I'm not likely to add on there. You still can't walk to the MK from anywhere but BLT. Another monorail resort is awesome though.

Hope any points allocation doesn't negatively affect the overall 'value' of my contract.:confused:

Wow! Thanks for the update. I won't buy into the GFV, but eventually would like to stay there! I LOVE being able to buy the TIW as a DVC member. Seems like all good news! Finally.

Hope any points allocation doesn't negatively affect the overall 'value' of my contract.:confused:

A reallocation never negatively affects the overall 'value' of the contract. Now whether or not it affects the value in terms of when you want to use your points, now that's a different issue all together. Your points would still get you the type of room you want and the length of stay you want, it just might not be in the season you want or the days of the week you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter