Oh, Just A Few GALLONS of Pixie Dust! - A July/August 2012 TR

marDgreen88

DIS Veteran
HELLO.

:welcome: Aboard the Walt Disney World Express Monorail!

Your Highway in the Sky to Marissa's Second Trip Report!

pixiedust: Oh, Just A Few GALLONS of Pixie Dust! - A July/August 2012 Trip Report pixiedust:

For those of you standing, please hold on to the handrails throughout our journey and STAY CLEAR OF THE DOORS!!! It's really quite important. I've come to the conclusion that if something is repeated in Spanish, it means they're not messing around.

ANYWAYS. Welcome everyone!!! I'm so glad to have you here for my second trip report! If you read my first TR, also known as...

You Guys Are Cast Members... Right? - A December 2011 Trip Report

...then you most likely know that I'm a crazy person. If that's the case, and you're on board for this one, I'm SO incredibly glad you're back! Thank God I didn't scare you off. :woohoo:

If you didn't read my last TR, I'm really glad you're here too! However, you basically have no idea what I'm talking about, do you? You'd probably like to know who the heck I am...

Marissa:

SDC13585.jpg

Hey yall! I'm Marissa! I'm 23 and I am a Disney-aholic. Me and my siblings were raised on Disney movies and music, so I've always been a die-hard fan. HOWEVER, I was a die-hard fan with a BIG dream of visiting Disney World. I finally got the chance to go for the very first time in June 2010. (It's only been two years!!!) I was 21 on my first trip. Now, since I basically dreamed of WDW for 21 years, I knew I would love it. What I didn't realize, however, was just how much. It exceeded my expectations and completely blew me away... and created a Disney MONSTER. I've now been fortunate enough to go to Disney four times, and I dont' see myself ever wanting to stop! I believe that there is no age limit to the Disney magic. When I go to Disney, I basically have the mindset of a child. I never got to experience it when I actually was a child, so I'm not afraid to go a little crazy and throw caution (or potential embarrassment) to the wind when I'm there. In other words... NO SHAME. And yes, there will be PLENTY of examples of this no shame mantra to come. You're welcome. ;)

If you were wondering, no, I didn't go on this trip by myself! I went with my family! YOU'RE GONNA WANT TO MEET THEM. (This reminded me of Toy Story 2... THE PROSPECTOR! HE'LL WANNA MEETCHA!!!)

Ahem... introducing, the family!

Anna:

IMG_3289.jpg

This is my sister, Anna! She's 26 and one of my best friends. She loves Disney, but not nearly as much as me. In fact, she almost didn't go on this trip! I kid you not. She told us she wasn't going to go because she wanted us to go somewhere else. Thankfully she stopped taking her crazy pills and decided to come along, and let me tell you, by the time the trip rolled around she was really excited about it! This was her third trip to Disney. Believe it or not, she went BEFORE ME. Let's just take a moment and let that sink in... I KNOW RIGHT? She went for the first time during her senior year of college on her spring break. (Believe me, I was not happy about it. :laughing:) She ended up having a fantastic time on this trip!

Jacob:

SDC12797.jpg

This is my brother, Jacob! As you can probably see, he has down syndrome. He's 20 and a HUGE Disney fan! He's honestly one of the sweetest kids I know, and I absolutely love to share Disney with him. He would ask me if it was time to go yet at least once per day before the trip! We were going to keep the trip a surprise from him, but we just couldn't hold it in! You should have seen his reaction when he found out he was going back... seriously, I wish I had taken video of it! This was his second trip to Disney and he had a wonderful time! I have a feeling we're going to be hearing about this trip for quite some time!

The Parents:

IMG_3292.jpg

These are my parents! I will lovingly refer to them as my mom and my dad on the TR. So original, I know. :rotfl:

My dad is a Disney fan, but his job is stressful, so he likes to relax on his vacations. He requested a day off during the trip. When he originally told me, he said, I'll meet yall for the food. :lmao: That being said, he really did have a great time and enjoy the trip! He was raised by his grandmother, so he never went to Disney as a child, and this was his second trip.

My mom was the one who convinced my dad that we should go back to Disney (and I was the one who convinced her)! She loves it. She was very excited about the trip, and she and I would about it almost every day beforehand! She grew up taking family trips to a ton of awesome places, but never to Disney World. This was her second trip as well.

This was our second family trip to Disney World! My parents said that this trip would most likely be our last one (as a family of five... aka, my dad said he will gladly go to Disney with his future grandchildren). Basically, we wanted to do this trip up right. And we totally did!

I'm so excited to share this trip with all of you because it was my best one yet, and as the title states, there was SO MUCH PIXIE DUST thrown our way! We couldn't even believe it! I can't wait to share every detail!

Please let me know if you're reading, I would love to hear from my current Dis friends and hopefully make some new ones too! Honestly, this isn't just about me sharing my trip with you, I want you to feel free to share with me as much as you want as well!

Be prepared everyone. This TR is definitely a 'no shame' zone. I mean, seriously. There will be singing, dancing, arm waving, foot stomping, excessive laughter, tears of joy, and general merriment. Be prepared. It's gonna be FUN!

So now I just have one question...

Are you ready to twist your napkin 'round your head and celebrate Mickey Mouse?! I hope so, because it's TIME TO BEGIN! party:

Continued in Next Update

Chapter Links...

Day 1- Sunday, July 29, 2012:
The One Where We're On Our Way!
The One With Confusion and WHAT?
The One With the BEST. VILLA. EVER!!!! (3 Parts)
The One Where We Explore the CONTEMPO-rary!
The One With A Splashin' Celebration
The One Where We Celebrate Chef Mickey's!
The One With More Contemporary Pictures Because They're Awesome
The One With Many Full House References
The One With A Practically Picture-less EMH Evening

Day 2- Monday, July 30, 2012:
The One Where Anything Goes in Hollywood!
The One With Cars, Toys, and One Boat
The One With Some Lunch, Eh?
The One Before the Cupcake
The One With THE CUPCAKE

Day 3- Tuesday, July 31, 2012:
The One With A Toy Story Morning!
The One With My Dear Friends
The One Where It's Time to Light the Lights!
The One With Multiple Mickey Mice!
The One With the First Aloha
The One Where 'Ohana Means FOOD!!!
The One With Extra Magical Reflections of Spaceship Earth

Day 4- Wednesday, August 1, 2012:
The One Where the Pixie Dust Adventures Continue...
The One With the King of the Lions!
The One With A Swingin' Pizzafari!
The One With Club Yeti
The One With This, Our Sleepship Earth
The One Where We Eat for FREE! AT DISNEY!
The One Where It Is Indeed Real Life

Day 5- Thursday, August 2, 2012:
The One With the Final Adventures in Hollywood
The One Where the Spirit of Norway Was Sought-After
The One With Princess Storybook Dining! (2 Parts)
The One With A Mexican Duck and A Chinese Film
The One Where We Spread Our Golden Wings
The One With the Cat and A Snack
The One With Superca... Supercalif...
The One Where I Get Prematurely Nostalgic

Day 6- Friday, August 3, 2012:
The One That Takes Us to Magic Kingdom!
The One Where Piglet and I Match Because We're BFFs!
The One With My Splash Mountain
The One Where It's Just the Kids
The One With A Puppet and Pooh Bear
The One With THAT GUY!
The One Where the Trip Comes To An End
The One Where I Wrap It Up! (3 Parts)

Video Posts:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Parts 4 and 5
Part 6
Parts 7, 8, and 9
Part 10
Part 11

HOORAY!

I'm so glad you posted this on twitter or I probably would've ended up way far behind. Can't wait for the rest! :)

I'M HEREEEEEE!!! And I'm on my phone, so no cool font or comment specific smileys, sorry! I just couldn't wait until I got home from Wal Mart to join in, so I'm driving along at 70 mph typing this. JUST KIDDING. John is driving, and he's going like 71 mph.

Aaaanyway, I'm SO GLAD you had a wonderful trip with gallons of pixie dust, and I cannot wait to read this report! I MISSED MY TWIN.

Okay, longer, cooler, and more purple comments will come later, I promise!

:wave2:

I am excited to read your report! I enjoy your writting style! We are a family of 5 too. My kids are 24,19 and 13. They LOVE Disney as much as me. My oldest DD always told me she would get married at GF! Ahhhhh! She will nned to find a good BF first! :rotfl: My DH loves Disney but he is not as open about it, but I always see him looking at my stuff! He is a Disney promoter when out in the public! My DD 19 uses a wheelchair and Disney is great for her!

So, I will be waiting to read more of your report! The pics are wonderful!

:wave:

Yes! I made the first page! :yay: You KNOW I'm in, can't wait to hear about all that pixie dust. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

You're back! And from your BEST Disney trip EVER!!!!!! What a great start...I can't wait to hear about how you were doused in GALLONS of pixie dust!!

Insert dance of pure joy here!

First, the band!

:rockband:

Then the dancers!

:banana: :cool1::yay::dance3::cheer2::rotfl2::rotfl: :woohoo: :dance3:

:dancer:

Let's PAR-TAYYYYYY!

party:

I'm BOUNCING with anticipation!

:jumping1::jumping3::jumping2::Pinkbounc:maleficen:ccat::simba::stitch::mickeyjum

OK, I'm done. :lmao:

Hooray, hooray, you started! :yay:

I CAN'T WAIT to hear about your adventures! Yay for gallons of pixie dust!

(you look just like your mom and sis BTW) :)

Yayyyyyyy!!! So excited for this TR! I can't wait to hear all about your gallons of pixie dust :)

Sounds like this trip was extra magical!! Yay! I can't wait to hear all about it.

and PS that part of Toy Story 2 is one of my favorites when Jessie sees Woody and freaks out. haha

Don't forget about me! I'm here too! I read your first trip and loved it! Your sense of humor cracks me up! I'm anxious to read about the pixie dust and I'm hoping you DO NOT get sick this time!
Bring on the awesomeness!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter