Oh Jen!!!

OMG! You just scared the crap out of me...
First there is a thread with my name on it, second it was started by Rhonda...I just missed about three heartbeats here...

Yes, we are above water. My parents' development has dried out a bit so you can drive mostly through it. We can get mostly through US1 now. If we could all get the loonies off the road and back in their houses, I would be a much better Jen. The water has receded back from my parents' house (it was as close as 4 feet from the back porch, they live around a pond) so that my dog's grave (she pitched a fit to have it there) is visible again. She was having a fit yesterday that he was going to come and visit her again in his decomposed state and she didn't want to live the experience along with the cats that are buried there as well. The past two days have been an experience...

BUT- I now have no Thanksgiving vacation or winter break vacation to speak of to look forward to and another day on the DIS!

Now, back to restarting my heart!

I am glad things are starting to get better with the flooding. I am very sorry about the hit you took to your bad weather days. How about sick time? It sounds like you will need that to get some fort time.

I am going to the Fort for Labor Day whether they let us off or not...:thumbsup2

we have built in hurricane days...we know which ones they are going to yank...

OMG! You just scared the crap out of me...
First there is a thread with my name on it, second it was started by Rhonda...I just missed about three heartbeats here...

No kidding !! I saw this thread and wondered what you did to get in trouble :rotfl2:

Jen, glad you guys are staying dry at your house and not flooding! My MIL sent me pics of thier place in Melbourne Beach (on the island) and it wasn't as bad as I expected given all of the rain they have had.

Hope everyone is staying dry!

FayMelbourneBeach.jpg

FayMelbourneBeach2.jpg

As soon as I can wrangle my dad's camera away from him, I will post pictures of his development. It is raining and blowing mighty hard here right now.

We're now on the south side of the storm - so it's rainy & windy & has been since Monday. Earlier this week we were on the east side. Most of ours has been from the outer bands - so not too bad. The streets are full of debris from the trees (little branches & spanish moss) but no standing water. The good news is that the Chain of Lakes is back in boatable condition. That hasn't happened since 2006. Now if only those who own boats could afford to use them!:eek:

We went to the Ale House near FtW last night for dinner and were going to stop at FtW on the way back to get some coffee - but it was too rainy for that. When Rick gets back from his new employer later (getting all the paperwork in order) we may drive over to FtW & ride around on the buses. It's too windy & rainy for the bikes and even though the temp isn't bad (84) - it is verrrrrry humid!! (Ya think?) So, Wynottah is staying home today. She's throwing a temper tantrum, so I just stuffed her in the closet!:rotfl:

I'll take my camera & see if I can get any interesting pictures.:thumbsup2

I'll take my camera & see if I can get any interesting pictures.:thumbsup2

You guys be safe...looking forward to the pic though! :thumbsup2 The one that Naomi posted of sites in 400 honestly didn't look too bad....hopefully that is the case all around the Fort!

I'm sorry I gave you a heart attack! :guilty: :flower3:

I'm glad everyone's doing ok. The reason I thought of you was I saw a reporter live in Port St. Lucie, talking about all the water.

We've been getting feeder bands down here all week.

We'll all be glad when Fay finally dies out. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter