Oh, I'm detecting nuttiness, all right! 3D Dessert Discovery (11/2) - Complete

Dis_Yoda

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Dis_Yoda & Husband are returning to the world for their annual F&W trip.

When: October 21st to October 29th, 2011
Where: Coronado Springs Resort
Why: Food & Wine Festival!

This is a much needed break as we haven't had a real vacation together since we both took new jobs this past April. Plus, after our vacation starts the retail holiday season, which means I become a retail widow for the next 2.5 months.

I'm a 25 year old engineer/quality supervisor & my husband is a 27 year old manager in retail. I grew up a Disney fanatic & over the years my husband has become one too. I've been going to the F&W Festival since it first started in 1995, even though I couldn't enjoy the Wine portion!

Initial Plan

October 21st, 2011
No Dining Plans as we don't know when we are arriving!

October 22nd, 2011
Lunch - Yak & Yeti
Afternoon - EPCOT or MK
Dinner - Shula's

October 23rd, 2011
Lunch - EPCOT Food & Wine Festival
Robert Irvine Culinary Demo
Dinner - Flying Fish

October 24th, 2011
Lunch - Liberty Tree Tavern
Afternoon - EPCOT
Late Dinner - Le Cellier

October 25th, 2011
Breakfast - Captain's Grille
Lunch - Italy Beer & Pizza Pairing
Late Dinner - Fulton's

October 26th, 2011
Lunch - EPCOT Food & Wine Festival
Dinner - California Grill

October 27th, 2011
Brunch: Grand Floridian Cafe
Italy Wine & Dessert Pairing
Dinner - Brown Derby Signature Dinner for F&W (just me)

October 28th, 2011
French Regional Lunch (just me)
3D Dessert Discovery

October 29th, 2011
Breakfast - Boma

We will be at Alsace too! Can't wait for your reviews!!!

From one retail widow to another I completely understand what you are going to go through when you get back from vacation :rotfl2:

We will see you at the Slushie Throwdown on the 27th...I can just see the line of tipsy Disers now ;)

Hoping to see you there!:goodvibes

Hope to see you too! You have so many great events planned - too bad we aren't going to any of the same ones.

I need pics of everyone who will be, so I can scope while munching:rotfl2: Have a great time all.:thumbsup2

Oh my husband & I are probably noticeable. I'll have on a Gollum Cranberry Bog Pin & probably taking photos of our food before ever enjoying it. My husband has star tattoos behind his ears. Whats your plan for your trip?

I'm here! We'll have dueling reviews for the BD dinner and Frunch! :rotfl:

We will have dueling reviews!

Thanks for joining in!

Had to join because I love the title of this thread! ;)
*giggles* I love that scene in the movie! Its how sometimes I feel when I'm explaining to my coworkers why I go to F&W each year.

We will be at Alsace too! Can't wait for your reviews!!!

Thanks! Can't wait - that Frunch is going to be full of Friendies!

From one retail widow to another I completely understand what you are going to go through when you get back from vacation :rotfl2:

We will see you at the Slushie Throwdown on the 27th...I can just see the line of tipsy Disers now ;)

I'm glad someone else understands my pain! Then again, its been like this since we've been together so I knew what I was getting into.

We are planning on stopping by but not drinking on the 27th. We have that Dessert & Wine pairing at 2pm where I'll probably get most of my husband's wine and then I have my Signature Dinner at Brown Derby where the wine just keeps on flowing. My poor husband when he picks me up from Hollywood Studios - at least he's being nice and not making me take the bus home!

Oh, I'm so glad to be in from the beginning and not just catching the tail end like I normally do! I didn't realize you were so young! While I enjoyed good food that many years ago (I'm not sayin' :rolleyes1), I could never have discussed it and given such great reviews like you do! There must be an old soul in there and why you chose the name Yoda to be part of your screename. ;)

I'll be at the lunch at the Bistro that you're attending. In fact it was your reviews from last year that caused me to make the decision to change my plans from avoiding F&W on the weekends and stay at the BCV over the Thurs-Mon so that we could do the lunch and the Grand Mariner tasting, then move to VWL instead of the opposite. I wanted to do PFTS as well, but we all know what happened to THAT for the 29th. :sad2: We'll be the "Pooh sized" ladies also taking pictures of all the food before we dig in.

We're also doing the dessert party that night as well. I look forward to your reviews. You do them pretty much live, don't you? That will be great because you arrive four days before we leave, so I'll get all psyched up just before we get on the plane!

Oh, I'm so glad to be in from the beginning and not just catching the tail end like I normally do! I didn't realize you were so young! While I enjoyed good food that many years ago (I'm not sayin' :rolleyes1), I could never have discussed it and given such great reviews like you do! There must be an old soul in there and why you chose the name Yoda to be part of your screename. ;)

I'll be at the lunch at the Bistro that you're attending. In fact it was your reviews from last year that caused me to make the decision to change my plans from avoiding F&W on the weekends and stay at the BCV over the Thurs-Mon so that we could do the lunch and the Grand Mariner tasting, then move to VWL instead of the opposite. I wanted to do PFTS as well, but we all know what happened to THAT for the 29th. :sad2: We'll be the "Pooh sized" ladies also taking pictures of all the food before we dig in.

We're also doing the dessert party that night as well. I look forward to your reviews. You do them pretty much live, don't you? That will be great because you arrive four days before we leave, so I'll get all psyched up just before we get on the plane!

Glad you got in at the beginning too! Thanks for the compliments on the reviews. I'm lucky my mother exposed me to nicer dining growing up which helped me expand my tastes and ways to describe them.

I do try to do my reviews live - between my job & my husband's we unfortunately need to be connected to the internet so might as well use it for something fun too. At least this year we have tethering through our cell phones so no need to pay for Disney's overpriced internet.

Yeah, I'm sad there is no PFTS this year on the 29th - we actually changed our date we are leaving because of that as we have no need to stay that night now. Hopefully those attending will have fun at that detox event.

Hopefully I'll get to run into while at the events! Its always nice putting faces to screennames.

Looking forward to your reviews.
Glad you are joining in :D

Joining and looking forward to your reviews! popcorn::

Thanks for reading!

4 DAYS!!!!!!!

Plans are already changing.

Originally I thought my husband was working until 5:00PM on Friday but plans changed. He had to go out of town for work on Saturday - won't be home until Friday morning.

Which is a good thing. My Fridays tend to be half days at the moment - so we'll get to be on the road to Disney by 1:00PM at the latest. Which even with traffic, will get us to Disney by 7:00PM.

Of course that means I need to find some place to eat on Friday around 8pm.

Our choices are:
Kona Cafe (haven't been here in forever for dinner just desserts)
Raglan Road (loved it on our honeymoon
Artist Point (went here in May with my friend and loved it)
Wave (never been)

I think I'm leaning towards Artist Point or the Wave.

Sorry DH has to go out of town but at least there is a silver lining of getting to leave earlier!

I'd go with The Wave for the reason you have it in the lineup - never been before!

Sorry DH has to go out of town but at least there is a silver lining of getting to leave earlier!

I'd go with The Wave for the reason you have it in the lineup - never been before!

I think that's what I'm leaning towards; however, I decided I'll just check the mobile website on the drive down and see what we truly are in the mood for. I'm sure my husband is going to be specific in what he wants due to the take out & fast food he's been enduring this week for work. I'll let him be in charge of these plans since I picked everything else.

Rough Start

I'm going to preface the report for today's food with stating today was not a good day.

Between issues with work (including have to spend time on Monday trying to get ahold of R&D since they never returned my calls), and discovering my brain apparently forgot some various important vacation items, I kinda want a do-over.

We got on the road from home around 12:45 and continued until 3:00pm for our usual road trip lunch at Chick-Fil-A at exit 5. Lunch was ok - normal greasy food that didn't seem to hit my stomach right & I was eating Tums on the rest of the car ride.

We hit some bad traffic around Ocala which took about 20 minutes of our time & we finally arrived at Coronado Springs around 6:15pm to check in. Check in went well and we discovered we got a really good location for not requesting anything. We're in 8A and super close to the bus stop along with being close to the main pool too. The only thing we don't like about the room is the door to the bathroom has this weird hinge thing that I've never seen before. I'll have to take a picture of it tomorrow.

While unpacking, we discovered I have no idea where my brain is.
I've apparently forgot to pack most of my husband's toiletries, my park going flip flops, our swimsuits, and most importantly, our TIW card. I get to visit guest services tomorrow while my husband is picking up his park ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter