Oh how I love Disneyland

vettegirl

Dole Whip Queen
Just got back Friday from 6 days at WDW. It was an awesome experience and I am glad I had the chance to go. However I have to say I missed ambience of DL when I was there. Yes there was magic at the Magic Kingdom, and yes the castle is awesome. I just felt like DL is much more special. It was cool to see the Bear Jamboree again at WDW, but I cannot wait to return to DL again. Just thought I would share that with everyone.

I'm with you VetteGirl. I like WDW....but I LOVE Walt's Park. :thumbsup2

I am glad I am not the only one that feels like this. I like WDW even own DVC there however sometimes I miss Disneyland like a I miss a certain kind of chocolate bar at that time of the month. The craving just never goes away unless you get some!:lmao:

I am a Disneyland regular as well, and I enjoyed my trip to WDW very much. I thought I would be spending the majority of my time at the Magic Kingdom, but I didn't like the way it felt, it was kind of like stepping back into the 1970's at DL with the Peoplemover, Country Bears, Carousel of Progress. It was fun to see those again, but it just felt strange. I ended up going to Epcot about 5 times, and over to Animal Kingdom to ride Expedition Everest over and over. When I got back to California, I went to Disneyland the very next day, it felt so good.

I hear you. I grew up in SoCal, so DL was my home park. Now I live in FL, so I am closer to WDW. While I like the Magic Kingdom, it just does not have that .....I can't even put my thumb on it. I just :love: DL! So happy to be going back to my (still) home park in 2.5 mos!

I also love Disneyland. I grew up going there so for me it's as much about the memories as it is the park itself. But it holds a very special place in my heart that nothing will ever replace. :lovestruc

I am going to Orlando in a few days...but, I am not going to WDW , i am going to universal studios..

I told my husband , there are more things to ride in Disneyland, its emptier, no crowds in the right days.. its cheaper, and i like it more

To me Disneyland just feels more magical than WDW. Folks I work with ask me how I can spend a week at the Disneyland Resort but I just smile because it's obvious that they just don't "get it." Disneyland is home to the pixie dust and nothing can compare to the magic that exists there. Counting the days.....

I do love WDW - but I'm a DL guy at heart. It's home to me. Born and raised in So. Cal (moved to the midwest for employer) - and worked at DL in hs and college. Practically lived there for many, many, many years.

We've become bi-coastal folks, but definitely LOVE getting home to DL a bit more than our treks to WDW. There's just so much more ambiance - and you just can't top the fact that Walt was there. He may have picked the FL site - but he never set foot in a finished park in FL - but he slept in DL!!!

I have to agree. Growing up at DL, I have to say that I love it so much more than WDW. I think because its smaller and more personal in terms of size than WDW. That, and it just rocks. OH gosh I love Disneyland :)

Wow!! I must say that being a WDW vet (see siggy) I am really looking forward to visiting DL after reaading this. It's funny because I see myself thinking the other way around although I have yet to visit DL.. I keep telling myself that DL may not live up to the love I have for WDW. You see, WDW is the first Disney destination that I have visited so it is really dear to my heart...KInda like you guys with DL.

Thanks for making me look more and more forward to my DL trip. You guys are such a neat crowd, love coming to the DL board.:lovestruc

I love Disneyland AND WDW! I can't pick between them! LOL

Growing up going to DL has definitely made it special to me and I will always consider that park my home park.:goodvibes

I 100% agree. I am born and raised in CA and so I LOVE Disneyland. It of course was the first park I ever went to and I have VERY fond memories of this park. I have gone back many times since and it was the first place I took my kids. Actually DW is the first park my youngest ever went to but when we went to DW for the first time in 2002 as MUCH as I loved it I couldn't WAIT to get back to DL. I missed so many things such as Indy, the Matterhorn, Alice, OUR smallworld etc. The Magic Kingdom just was NOT the same to me. I think our Pirates is FAR better and I just like the whole New Orleans Square area so much better. I like our fantasmic better and on and on.

Don't get me wrong I love DW too and we are making our 3rd trek back there in Nov but I just LOVE DL and it will always hold fond memories and a soft spot in my heart. When we got home in May of 02 we immediately booked at trip that following Oct for DL because we wanted to go back to "our" park and experience it. Also we had not been to CA yet.

I could go to DL every week if I lived there I love it that much. There is always something new and different to see and it just makes me forget all the bad stuff in the world. It is just a GREAT place and my FAV place in the world.

Nothing against DW but it is just the BEST! :)

i'm a wdw fanatic so i will be visiting your park in 20 days!!! we are so excited! this will be our 1st trip and we can't wait!! i can write books on wdw so this will all be new to me. i know i will love it!:cool1:
mousiemom

We did Disneyland for the first time a few weeks ago, and I absolutely loved it. I have been constantly getting the "which park is better" question, and my honest answer was that I couldn't pick. There were parts of DL that I liked better than WDW and vice versa. WDW is my home park, but I loved so much about DL as well. Now it's off to explore overseas Disney!! (I wish! ;))

We did Disneyland for the first time a few weeks ago, and I absolutely loved it. I have been constantly getting the "which park is better" question, and my honest answer was that I couldn't pick. There were parts of DL that I liked better than WDW and vice versa. WDW is my home park, but I loved so much about DL as well. Now it's off to explore overseas Disney!! (I wish! ;))

that's probably how we're going to feel too when we go in 20 DAYS!!! did you do any dinners? how many days did you do dl?
mousiemom

Well, I can't actually say that I have ever been anywhere but Disneyland. Since we only have 2 weeks vacation I am not about to give up my annual trip to Disneyland just to be disappointed. I love Disneyland so much that I am positive there is no way WDW could top it! So... why fix it if it ain't broke?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter