Oh, has it Been Raining? No, this is Just Sweat. Sept/Oct 2022 Trip Report! (Updated 9/16!!)

OH NO! The whole time I'm reading I'm thinking, does no one ask her if she needs help? Thank goodness for the guy at the end who restored my faith in humanity. I hope you're icing and elevating and that tomorrow it looks and feels better without any serious damage.

On to trip stuff...length of stay wristbands sound like a good idea. The ends dragging through your food does not. Will remember the tip to leave loose. I don't think Genie+ is anyone's favorite development but I have to say I do really like mobile order. And also Docking Bay 7!!

Feel better!!!!! Hope you can take tomorrow off if you need to!

How are you doing now? That was a bad fall. I can imagine how hard that must have been to get up and make it home. It also must have been embarrassing. I'm surprised that no one stopped and offered to help you get up. I've fallen a few times when I worked in downtown Chicago, and most of the time someone offered to help me, especially if I sat there for a moment or two.
I'm doing better today, went to the doctor this morning and fortunately it is just a strain. Still nice and swollen, but just glad it's not broken!

I'm surprised that most people I passed looked away and pretended to not see me, but at the same time, back in the day when I was on crutches every single day I'd get on the metro to and from work, and the second people in the seats saw me they would all immediately look away or look down and pretend they didn't see me so they wouldn't have to give up their seat. So yeah, I guess that's just the attitude around here. Glad I ran into that one guy just before my house yesterday, at least there are some good people around here!

I am SO sorry. Been there, done that, exactly the same thing. Especially the part of praying no one saw but they did and how to get up. What an awful feeling. Please have your ankle looked at asap. Mine ended up being broken in 3 places. Hard experience. Ice is your friend until you can get it Xrayed.
Aw, thank you! That was so embarrassing, not the way I wanted to end the day! I did end up going to the doctor this morning and fortunately it is just a sprain!
Again, I'm so sorry. I was thoroughly loving your Trip Report as usual. I travel with my adult daughter to Disney all the time. Love mother/daughter trips so your trip reports are very special.
Thank you so much! I absolutely love traveling with my mom, I wish we could do even mother/daughter trips.
Hope life gets smoother for you.
Thanks, me too!

I am so sorry you are having a rough week. It will get better. I did a fall like this a few months ago while leaving a marching band show my kids were doing. I didn't realize the curb started and I fell. Bent my right ankle and fell on my left knee and hand. The stadium had been filled so tons of people around. It is the worst to fall like this in front of so many people.
Thank you! And ouch! That sounds like a painful fall, hope you weren't injured.

Im curious to see if they still have the SAB bands for my Beach Club stay in December! It does seem like a fun souvenir but I definitely dont want to wear it all week long lol would much rather slip it on and off!
Yeah, I'm curious if they'll bring them back, Wood Nymph had mentioned that they ran out and weren't getting more, but who knows!
Sorry to hear about your fall! hopefully you feel better soon and things turn around quickly :)
Aw, thank you!

OH NO! The whole time I'm reading I'm thinking, does no one ask her if she needs help? Thank goodness for the guy at the end who restored my faith in humanity. I hope you're icing and elevating and that tomorrow it looks and feels better without any serious damage.
Right? At least that one guy cared! I've been icing today, and went to the doctor this morning and fortunately it is just a sprain!
On to trip stuff...length of stay wristbands sound like a good idea. The ends dragging through your food does not. Will remember the tip to leave loose. I don't think Genie+ is anyone's favorite development but I have to say I do really like mobile order. And also Docking Bay 7!!
Yeah, I would have loved the wristband if I could have taken it on and off throughout the trip. It is actually a nice-ish band! And, haha, yeah, I don't think there is all that much love for G+! Mobile order and Docking Bay 7 on the other hand are definite winners!
Feel better!!!!! Hope you can take tomorrow off if you need to!
Thank you! Doing better today, really really glad it's not broken!

Oh wow! So sorry you had to go through that and that you're having a rough time.
Hopefully everything is getting better! :)

Happy weekend everyone! Thank you all very much for the concern and well wishes about my less than stellar week!

I wish I could say things have turned around, but it looks like I still have a bit more of bad luck to get through. As I was coming down the stairs this morning I noticed a few drops of blood on them. That was odd, and I was pretty sure it didn't come from me, although I did do a full check just to make sure.

So I continued downstairs only to find blood everywhere. Seriously everywhere, even my crutches were covered in it (I still can't figure out how). So of course now I'm a bit concerned. Obviously someone in my house is bleeding, and bleeding a lot!

Now when I say I was concerned, well, that's putting it lightly. At this point I was starting to panic. Clearly one of my pets is injured, and it looks like badly. I come across my dog first, and check him out, and he is fine. So I find the cat, and it is clearly coming from him, there is a trail of blood following him, but I cannot see where it is coming from. I briefly thought maybe my dog had bit him, but I didn't see any obvious bite marks.

Since my right foot is currently unusable, I couldn't drive anywhere, so I ended up calling my friend for help. Of course, today it turns out is the day she is moving. Fortunately she is a great person and dropped everything to come get me and my cat and rush us to the emergency vet.

Turns out this growth that my cat has on his leg ended up bursting. I had a vet look at it previously and since it wasn't cancerous they said it didn't need to be removed. Unfortunately they didn't warn me that some day it could burst and bleed a LOT.

So it was a fun morning at the emergency vet. Then to top it off, when I went to pay, I realized in my rush this morning I never bothered putting my credit cards in my wallet (I usually put them in whatever bag I'm using so I don't have to carry around my clunky wallet), so the only cards I had with me were store cards for like Nordstrom. Oh, how embarrassing. Fortunately I had some cash in the bag I grabbed, and a lot of it, so I was able to pay but was short $3. Thank goodness the guy working took pity on my and told me not to worry about it! Phew!

It does look like my poor cat needs surgery now though to fully remove this growth so it doesn't bleed again. :(

The cat has, in typical cat fashion, already figured out how to take off the bandage, so hopefully it doesn't start bleeding again. Not the way I wanted to start my weekend!

Anyways, the bright thing about today is PSU isn't looking too horrible against Ohio State! So who knows, maybe my luck is starting to turn? Fingers crossed!

Oh my goodness! :oops: I cannot even imagine the panic you must have felt seeing all that blood. Thank goodness it wasn't anything life-threatening. And then to not be able to drive yourself and not have your credit cards on top of that?? Goodness gracious! I hope there are some really fantastic things headed your way from here on out. :-)

Oh my goodness! :oops: I cannot even imagine the panic you must have felt seeing all that blood. Thank goodness it wasn't anything life-threatening. And then to not be able to drive yourself and not have your credit cards on top of that?? Goodness gracious! I hope there are some really fantastic things headed your way from here on out. :-)
Haha, seriously, I was such a walking disaster this morning. Fortunately my friend was able to help, and was calm enough to get me to actually call vets ahead of time to find one who could take us. We've been having a lot of issues around here with vets turning away emergencies since they are so short staffed, and thankfully I called since my normal vet refused to take my cat so we had to go to another one so we didn't waste time driving around.

And thank you! Fingers crossed things turn around now, I'm over this bad luck!

I’ve decided a great way to break this funk is to think about fun things, and what is more fun than reliving a Disney trip?

Well, maybe this…

Ok, that’s not fun, that’s hilarious. Every time I think about it I laugh. :rotfl:

Anywho, I think it’s time for a TR Update!

Day 2, Part 6: Whirlwind Hollywood Studios Evening!

Saturday September 24th, 2022

After a nice afternoon rest, we started getting ready for our evening adventure at 3:30, and around 4 were ready to head out. Just before leaving the room, I checked Genie+ and saw a MMRR for 6:55 so booked that. Not too shabby heading into HS with RotR, Slinky, MF:SR, and MMRR (and dinner) all booked! Although I still hated having to had keep refreshing the app to get times that worked for us.

This was probably our best day/use of genie+. We found that it worked better for us stacking rides in the afternoon than using it for the morning park, even though it was annoying having to keep checking my phone all day to do that.

We decided this day to take the boat over to HS, so made our way down to the boat dock. There was about a ten minute wait for the boat, but soon one was pulling in. We lucked out and got a seat in the back outside! I really wish there was more open air seating on these boats, it gets so stuffy inside!

Once in the park, we got some quick Photopass pictures!

Then we made our way over to use our first G+, Slinky!

There was hardly any wait, maybe 3-4 minutes for this. Yay!

Once off slinky it was a bit too early for our next ride, so we made our way to GE to get photopass pictures and so I could play around with the photpass lenses.

Finally, it was close enough to our time to ride RotR, so we made our way over. We actually scanned in 5 minutes early and as expected it turned green!

This was mom’s first time on the ride, and it was so fun to watch her reactions through it! I didn’t tell her about any of it, so it was all a surprise for her. When we got to the drop part, I could tell she knew *something* was about to happen because she started frantically reaching around trying to find something to hold onto! HA!

At the end of the ride I asked her what she thought, and she was blown away and completely overwhelmed! Definitely a hit, but she needed to go sit down to recover for a minute or two afterwards!

After a brief recovery, we headed over to MF:SR for our next G+. Once again there was hardly any wait! We were assigned the gunners this time around, which is fun, but not nearly as fun as pilots! I did my best though and ended up ranking “Hot Shot”!

Once off MF:SR we had about 15 minutes before our mobile order time, so we went and found a shady bench to wait at. Our mobile order time was for 6, so at 5:55 I was able to click the I’m here button and we made our way over to the restaurant.

It only took like 3 minutes for our food to be ready, and we took it out to the seating area outside to enjoy. We were surprised there was no one else eating out there, it was really nice outside this evening! We settled into a booth, then I ran back inside to grab some napkins.

For dinner we both got the Batuuan Beef and Crispy Topato Stir fry and the Gold Squadron Lager. I really love this beer!

The food was great once again, I really enjoy this place, and love this dish!

While eating we played around with the photopass lense some more. I really had way too much fun with these this trip!

After dinner we headed over to TSMM since I had booked a DAS for that earlier when we had entered the park. There was a bit of a wait even in the LL here, like 25 minutes, but once again the line was mostly moving so it wasn’t horrible.

I once again won, wahoo!

Finally, after TSMM, it was time for our G+ for MMRR so we headed that way!

Once again there was a bit of a wait for this LL, about 20 minutes. This one wasn’t great for my mom with all the merging with the crowds, but she managed.

This time we were in the first car! I’ve only ever been assigned the last car so it was cool to see the ride from a different perspective!

After the ride we were done with rides for the day, so headed to the stores to do some shopping. Now HS has historically had some of my favorite merchandise, so I was excited to check out the stores this year. Sadly though the stores were lacking this time around. Nothing unique or special that we saw, and they seemed fairly empty, like lots of empty shelves and where shelving had been was now just big open floor space. Whomp whomp.

After our failed shopping trip we went to get a photopass picture, but the CMs camera ended up breaking! Fortunately there was another photographer just up the street so we went to that one instead!

We were pretty wiped out at this point, so decided it was time to head back to the YC for some much needed rest.

We lucked out and got to the boat dock just as a boat was arriving! Although unlucky since we ended up sitting directly in front of a girl who sounded so ridiculously sick and was coughing up a storm and never covered her mouth, and she wasn’t a little kid, she was like 14. :crazy2: I feel like once you’re in your teens you should know to cover your mouth when you cough…

As I mentioned before, there were SO many sick people there this week, I have never heard so much coughing while there in my life, and it was that deep wet cough that just sounds really bad. It was everywhere, like wherever we went there was at least one family near us with someone with that deep wet cough. It was crazy, and unfortunately as noted earlier, my mom came down with Covid a day after returning home. :(

Fortunately, she’s doing well now, she still has a bit of a cough, but she feels fine. And luckily neither myself nor my dad ever caught it, which I’m so shocked by. My mom and I shared a water the night before we left (that’s a story we’ll get to later), and once home my parents didn’t even try to distance from each other, so no idea how my dad and I didn’t catch it! Guess it was our lucky week, should have played the lottery that week…

Anyways! Once off the boat, we made our way upstairs to grab our refillable mugs then went back down to the store to fill them and grab some Mickey bars for a little night time treat!

We settled in after that to enjoy some football while drinking some wine and eating our Mickey Bars. Great end to the night!

Day 2 Stats:

Steps: 25,604

Miles: 11.52

Next up: Is Anything Open Today?

Last edited:
At the end of the ride I asked her what she thought, and she was blown away and completely overwhelmed! Definitely a hit, but she needed to go sit down to recover for a minute or two afterwards!
The best way to see RotR is to be completely in the dark as to what happens in the ride. I still remember the first time we did the ride and how amazing it was. :)
As I mentioned before, there were SO many sick people there this week, I have never heard so much coughing while there in my life, and it was that deep wet cough that just sounds really bad.
We just got back from WDW on Thursday and didn't run into too many sick people - thankfully.

I'm glad your mom is feeling better. It is always puzzling as to who gets sick and who doesn't.

Turns out this growth that my cat has on his leg ended up bursting. I had a vet look at it previously and since it wasn't cancerous they said it didn't need to be removed. Unfortunately they didn't warn me that some day it could burst and bleed a LOT.

So it was a fun morning at the emergency vet. Then to top it off, when I went to pay, I realized in my rush this morning I never bothered putting my credit cards in my wallet (I usually put them in whatever bag I'm using so I don't have to carry around my clunky wallet), so the only cards I had with me were store cards for like Nordstrom. Oh, how embarrassing. Fortunately I had some cash in the bag I grabbed, and a lot of it, so I was able to pay but was short $3. Thank goodness the guy working took pity on my and told me not to worry about it! Phew!

It does look like my poor cat needs surgery now though to fully remove this growth so it doesn't bleed again. :(
Oh my goodness!!!! What a horrible thing to happen. So stressful! And to have that on top of your fall....I hope you had some chocolate and bevvies to take the stress away.
After a nice afternoon rest, we started getting ready for our evening adventure at 3:30, and around 4 were ready to head out. Just before leaving the room, I checked Genie+ and saw a MMRR for 6:55 so booked that. Not too shabby heading into HS with RotR, Slinky, MF:SR, and MMRR (and dinner) all booked! Although I still hated having to had keep refreshing the app to get times that worked for us.
That's an awesome lineup!
This was mom’s first time on the ride, and it was so fun to watch her reactions through it! I didn’t tell her about any of it, so it was all a surprise for her. When we got to the drop part, I could tell she knew *something* was about to happen because she started frantically reaching around trying to find something to hold onto! HA!
RoTR is so great!
After dinner we headed over to TSMM since I had booked a DAS for that earlier when we had entered the park. There was a bit of a wait even in the LL here, like 25 minutes, but once again the line was mostly moving so it wasn’t horrible.
TSMM is always so fun even if never do very well.
After the ride we were done with rides for the day, so headed to the stores to do some shopping. Now HS has historically had some of my favorite merchandise, so I was excited to check out the stores this year. Sadly though the stores were lacking this time around. Nothing unique or special that we saw, and they seemed fairly empty, like lots of empty shelves and where shelving had been was now just big open floor space. Whomp whomp.
I noticed that too. Shopping was nothing special.
Anyways! Once off the boat, we made our way upstairs to grab our refillable mugs then went back down to the store to fill them and grab some Mickey bars for a little night time treat!
Very nice end to the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter