• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh, has it Been Raining? No, this is Just Sweat. Sept/Oct 2022 Trip Report! (Updated 9/16!!)

I love mobile checkout as well. So convenient. The booths opening at 10:30 is a nice development! I really hope the events come back next year.
Yes, mobile checkout has been a game changer. LOVE not having to wait in a huge line to checkout!

The 10:30 opening of the food booths was pretty awesome, I hope they keep that up for upcoming festivals as well.

I really hope the events come back next year as well, F&W is just not the same without them. We're really hoping for PFTS next year, we're booking a long weekend over when historically they've had one, so fingers crossed it comes back and we guessed the right weekend!

Day 2, Part 4: Time to Drool Over Food Pictures!

Saturday September 24th, 2022

We last left off heading to our first food booths of the day!

Since there was no line at the Coastal Eats booth, we decided to start there. We got the Oysters Rockefeller, the scampi dip, and the Cape Coder. We then took the food to a table nearby to dig in.

All the food here was amazing! I seriously loved this booth this year! The cape coder was really good, but my goodness was it strong!

After getting our fill of those dishes, I had mom stay and hold the table while she finished up her food while I ran to the Mac n Eats booth that was right there for our next dishes. There was a very long line for this one, but it moved pretty quickly. I ended up ordering the traditional for mom and the cowboy for myself. We also got our cheese crawl stamps, and the CM working the booth gave both of us two stamps each! Nice little bit of pixie dust there!

The cowboy mac n cheese was amazing, I would definitely get that again. The traditional was just that, traditional, nothing special but not bad.

While finishing up the food we debated where to go next.

I wanted to stop by the fry basket and get the salty dog cocktail there, but mom wanted a beer from Appleseed Orchard. I suggested we do both, but mom refused to get anything else if we stopped at the Fry Basket first.

No idea why she refused to stop at both! I finally agreed to skip the drink at the Fry Basket and just go to Appleseed Orchard to get her a drink there instead.

So we made our way over towards Canada to get mom her drink. While we were eating earlier I got the room ready text, so we agreed after getting the beer we would head out to check out our room.

Appleseed Orchard was pretty packed, actually Epcot as a whole was packed, but it was a Saturday during F&W so not unexpected!

We had a pretty long wait at this booth, during which I decided to get a drink as well! I ordered the Apple Pecan brown ale for myself and mom got the Apple Caramel Ale.

Both were good, I had the apple pecan brown ale last year and loved it so knew I wanted to try it again. The apple caramel ale was really good, but very very caramel-y, it was like drinking dessert, so I don’t think I could have a full bottle of it, but a small glass was fine!

Once we finished up our drinks we made our way out. Glad we did, Epcot was mobbed at that point, and it was only like 11:45 in the morning! (Again, I don’t know why we haven’t learned to not go to Epcot on a Saturday during F&W :rotfl: ).

On the way out we saw that Chef Daisy was meeting by the IG, and I made mom stop for some pictures!

Mom showing off her Remy shirt to Daisy!

Funny enough, I wanted to meet Chef Daisy back in 2019, but the line was super long when we saw her and mom didn’t want to wait so promised we’d meet her for our 2020 trip. Well, we all know what happened next…

No trip in 2020 (thanks covid), no character meets in 2021, so finally in 2022 we got to meet her! :cool1: I was so happy to finally get to do this, that was a long wait!

Next up: Stack Stack Stack!

Last edited:
Chef Daisy is so cute. I'd love to see more characters in special festival-themed outfits. I didn't visit any of those booths on my trips. There's just never enough time (or appetite) to do everything I want to do!

Chef Daisy is so cute. I'd love to see more characters in special festival-themed outfits. I didn't visit any of those booths on my trips. There's just never enough time (or appetite) to do everything I want to do!
Isn't she adorable? I'm so happy we finally met her this year! That would be cool if they had more characters in festival themed outfits, I would love that! And I feel you on the not being able to hit up each booth. There is just too much to try and too little time! A few years back I had the goal of trying something from every booth, and by the end of the trip I was just getting drinks since I couldn't possibly eat more food!

Day 2, Part 5: Stack Stack Stack!

Saturday, September 24, 2022

We last left off with us leaving Epcot for a mid-day break.

On the way back to the YC we swung by the BC to pick up some groceries for the room, we grabbed milk, OJ, some cereal, yogurt, fruit, and bought the reusable mugs.

This is the first time we’ve gotten the reusable mugs since the 90s! Normally we figured we wouldn’t get enough use out of them to be worth it, but I convinced my mom this time that we would most likely get our money’s worth, especially with a 10 day trip, so she finally agreed to get them. I am so glad we did, we did use them a lot, and having to fill them gave us an excuse to keep going downstairs during the hurricane to check out what was going on in the lobby!

When we got to the YC we swung by bell services to let them know our room number and have them bring our bags upstairs.

We then headed up to check out our room!

We were in room 4190, which is right down the hall from the room we’ve been assigned a handful of times so we’re very familiar with this hallway! We looked out over the front lawn/convention center with the porte cochere down a bit to the left of us.

We spent some time unpacking while watching the PSU game. Love that I can watch my team while I’m down there! I also snuck my mom’s present on her bed when she wasn’t watching. This year I got her a Monsters inc canvas bag to use at the Halloween party for trick or treating, a stuffed Sully (one of those big foot ones), and something she’s been wanting for a couple years…a white magic band! (I put it on Sully’s wrist and it took her FOREVER to notice it!)

While unpacking I kept checking G+ for ride return times in HS. I had been monitoring G+ since we could book again at 10:30 that morning for ride return times at HS to get late enough in the day for when we’d be there, and around 2 they finally got to be later in the day! I absolutely hate this part of G+, the having to keep checking for the return times for when you’ll actually be in the park is so obnoxious. Why can’t I just book a time that works for us? Spending 3.5 hours refreshing every few minutes to see what the return times were was so obnoxious.

Anyways, I booked us MF:SR for I believe 4:45. So we had a Slinky at 4:15, MF:SR at 4:45, RotR at 5:00, and I mobile ordered our dinner at Docking bay 7 for 6:00. Not a bad lineup for the evening!

Once G+ was taken care of, we headed downstairs to enjoy some time at the pool.

When we arrived at the pool, we were surprised to be given “length of stay” wrist bands to wear this time around. These are cloth bands that once tightened can’t be taken off without cutting them. The CM at the pool told us we were supposed to leave them on for the whole trip, but if we absolutely had to we could cut them off and get new ones. Mine only lasted a day before I cut it off! :rotfl2:

(You may notice this one isn’t cut, while in the previous paragraph I said you had to cut them to get them off. Confusing, right? Well, later in the trip the CM putting them on made a point to keep it loose enough we could just slide them over our hand so we could take them off whenever we wanted which was so much better!)

It was pretty crowded at the pool this day, almost every chair was occupied (and with an actual human, not just towels!), so it took us a while to find a chair. We finally found a single chair and decided to just share it since we would only really use it to drop our stuff off.

It was so nice getting into the pool, I absolutely love Stormalong bay!

We only ended up swimming for about 15-20 minutes before drying off and heading back in to rest some more.

I ended up watching the rest of the PSU game while mom napped.

Around 3:30 we started to get ready for our next adventure of the day!

Next up: Whirlwind Hollywood Studios Evening!

Last edited:
When we arrived at the pool, we were surprised to be given “length of stay” wrist bands to wear this time around. These are cloth bands that once tightened can’t be taken off without cutting them.
We are at the Yacht Club now and got the cloth bands yesterday. I really like using them because they are more comfortable than the paper bands. I never tightened mine, I just wrapped it around my MB. But they ran out of the cloth bands today and probably won't get any more of them.

We are at the Yacht Club now and got the cloth bands yesterday. I really like using them because they are more comfortable than the paper bands. I never tightened mine, I just wrapped it around my MB. But they ran out of the cloth bands today and probably won't get any more of them.
Well first of all, I hope you have a fantastic trip! I saw your posts over on the YC/BC thread and it looks like a good time so far!

I actually do like the material better as well of the cloth bands. It was weird, the first day we got them the CMs were putting them on our wrists and making them tight enough we could not take them off and were telling us we should try to keep them on all week. By the end of the week they were only pretending to tighten them and were joking around about not wanting to make them "too tight", so I wonder if they got a bunch of complaints about them, especially if now they are (or were) just handing them out for you to put on yourself. Oh well, guess it's a fun souvenir of a short lived experiment at Stormalong Bay!

Day 2, Part 5: Stack Stack Stack!

Saturday, September 24, 2022

We last left off with us leaving Epcot for a mid-day break.

On the way back to the YC we swung by the BC to pick up some groceries for the room, we grabbed milk, OJ, some cereal, yogurt, fruit, and bought the reusable mugs.

This is the first time we’ve gotten the reusable mugs since the 90s! Normally we figured we wouldn’t get enough use out of them to be worth it, but I convinced my mom this time that we would most likely get our money’s worth, especially with a 10 day trip, so she finally agreed to get them. I am so glad we did, we did use them a lot, and having to fill them gave us an excuse to keep going downstairs during the hurricane to check out what was going on in the lobby!

When we got to the YC we swung by bell services to let them know our room number and have them bring our bags upstairs.

We then headed up to check out our room!

We were in room 4190, which is right down the hall from the room we’ve been assigned a handful of times so we’re very familiar with this hallway! We looked out over the front lawn/convention center with the porte cochere down a bit to the left of us.

We spent some time unpacking while watching the PSU game. Love that I can watch my team while I’m down there! I also snuck my mom’s present on her bed when she wasn’t watching. This year I got her a Monsters inc canvas bag to use at the Halloween party for trick or treating, a stuffed Sully (one of those big foot ones), and something she’s been wanting for a couple years…a white magic band! (I put it on Sully’s wrist and it took her FOREVER to notice it!)

While unpacking I kept checking G+ for ride return times in HS. I had been monitoring G+ since we could book again at 10:30 that morning for ride return times at HS to get late enough in the day for when we’d be there, and around 2 they finally got to be later in the day! I absolutely hate this part of G+, the having to keep checking for the return times for when you’ll actually be in the park is so obnoxious. Why can’t I just book a time that works for us? Spending 3.5 hours refreshing every few minutes to see what the return times were was so obnoxious.

Anyways, I booked us MF:SR for I believe 4:45. So we had a Slinky at 4:15, MF:SR at 4:45, RotR at 5:00, and I mobile ordered our dinner at Docking bay 7 for 6:00. Not a bad lineup for the evening!

Once G+ was taken care of, we headed downstairs to enjoy some time at the pool.

When we arrived at the pool, we were surprised to be given “length of stay” wrist bands to wear this time around. These are cloth bands that once tightened can’t be taken off without cutting them. The CM at the pool told us we were supposed to leave them on for the whole trip, but if we absolutely had to we could cut them off and get new ones. Mine only lasted a day before I cut it off! :rotfl2:

(You may notice this one isn’t cut, while in the previous paragraph I said you had to cut them to get them off. Confusing, right? Well, later in the trip the CM putting them on made a point to keep it loose enough we could just slide them over our hand so we could take them off whenever we wanted which was so much better!)

It was pretty crowded at the pool this day, almost every chair was occupied (and with an actual human, not just towels!), so it took us a while to find a chair. We finally found a single chair and decided to just share it since we would only really use it to drop our stuff off.

We only ended up swimming for about 15-20 minutes before drying off and heading back in to rest some more.

I ended up watching the rest of the PSU game while mom napped.

Around 3:30 we started to get ready for our next adventure of the day!

Next up: Whirlwind Hollywood Studios Evening!
Those cloth bands are what they use for Coachella and any multi day concerts like that. We had ours for 3 days for Desert Trip. They were fine. And they send them to you in the mail so you put them on yourself.

Those cloth bands are what they use for Coachella and any multi day concerts like that. We had ours for 3 days for Desert Trip. They were fine. And they send them to you in the mail so you put them on yourself.
It would have been one thing if they let us put it on ourselves, and provided scissors to cut the tail off after tightening so we could keep it a bit looser and not have a 3" tail hanging down getting into our food, which was kinda gross (we did try tucking it under the band, but it wouldn't stay and kept falling out). I had planned on keeping mine on for least a few days, which I think is reasonable. Not our whole trip though, 10 days seems excessive to me, even after a day the tail was getting stained from getting into food and whatever else it was touching. Mine only lasted a day because they had put it on tight enough there wasn't much wiggle room so we couldn't slip it over our hand, and while changing I accidentally pulled on the tail piece a bit and since there was no wiggle room that little tug made it way too tight so I had to get it cut off.

It would have been one thing if they let us put it on ourselves, and provided scissors to cut the tail off after tightening so we could keep it a bit looser and not have a 3" tail hanging down getting into our food, which was kinda gross (we did try tucking it under the band, but it wouldn't stay and kept falling out). I had planned on keeping mine on for least a few days, which I think is reasonable. Not our whole trip though, 10 days seems excessive to me, even after a day the tail was getting stained from getting into food and whatever else it was touching. Mine only lasted a day because they had put it on tight enough there wasn't much wiggle room so we couldn't slip it over our hand, and while changing I accidentally pulled on the tail piece a bit and since there was no wiggle room that little tug made it way too tight so I had to get it cut off.
Totally get that! Coachella has it down, you put it on yourself, can get it set exactly how you want, no long tail. But it’s only for 3 days. Can’t imagine 10! That’s crazy.

The cowboy mac n cheese was amazing, I would definitely get that again. The traditional was just that, traditional, nothing special but not bad.
I almost tried that in August but the line was so long. It looks really good!
So we made our way over towards Canada to get mom her drink. While we were eating earlier I got the room ready text, so we agreed after getting the beer we would head out to check out our room.
The great thing about Appleseed Orchard is how dark and cool it is. Definitely a nice respite on a hot day.
Once we finished up our drinks we made our way out. Glad we did, Epcot was mobbed at that point, and it was only like 11:45 in the morning! (Again, I don’t know why we haven’t learned to not go to Epcot on a Saturday during F&W :rotfl: ).
Epcot weekends are so busy!
Funny enough, I wanted to meet Chef Daisy back in 2019, but the line was super long when we saw her and mom didn’t want to wait so promised we’d meet her for our 2020 trip. Well, we all know what happened next…
Cutest pictures ever!
I love the refillable mugs and ususally get one every trip.
Awesome lineup!

Sounds really busy! Glad you got some time to relax and enjoy the pool.

Totally get that! Coachella has it down, you put it on yourself, can get it set exactly how you want, no long tail. But it’s only for 3 days. Can’t imagine 10! That’s crazy.
Oh yeah, that sounds much better! It really wasn't all that bad to wear until I accidentally tightened it, but then it was waaaay too tight so off it went! I'm glad by the end of the week they only pretended to tighten them so we could easily take them off and put them back on as needed, that was so much nicer!

I almost tried that in August but the line was so long. It looks really good!
This was sooo good! I hope they bring it back next year, although that line does get really long which is annoying.
The great thing about Appleseed Orchard is how dark and cool it is. Definitely a nice respite on a hot day.
100%! We love just chilling in there with a nice drink.
Epcot weekends are so busy!
They really are, and for some reason we always plan to go there on the weekend. We complain about the crowds, but it's our own fault for picking those days to go!
Cutest pictures ever!
Thank you! I absolutely loved the pictures the CM got here. It wasn't photopass either, it was just a regular CM using my phone. Makes me want to have CMs take more pictures with my phone!
I love the refillable mugs and ususally get one every trip.
I loved it this trip, it was so convenient, and they have so many drink options! I also am kind of obsessed with the mug patterns we got.
Awesome lineup!
I feel like we got very lucky with that lineup! As many issues I have with G+, it was nice to roll into HS with a handful of the top rides booked!
Sounds really busy! Glad you got some time to relax and enjoy the pool.
Yeah, it was weird, usually the chairs are "taken" by towels, but no one is down there. This day it was packed with people, but no one was swimming, everyone was just sitting in the chairs! Good thing we didn't care to lay out, so wasn't a big deal we could only grab one chair.

Have you ever had a week where it seems like anything that could go wrong, will go wrong? Yeah, welcome to my week. :crazy2:

There were a lot of little stupid annoying things that have been going wrong for the last few days, but it seems to have really ramped up today with this beauty. (FYI - if you don't like seeing some pretty impressive swelling, or feet, don't click the spoiler!)

Normal ankle for comparison

So, how did this beauty happen you ask? Well, of course I'll tell my woeful story.

I was walking home from the office this afternoon after a long annoying day. Seriously, when people come in to consult with you two minutes before you're scheduled to leave it is SO annoying, especially when you already had to work through your lunch break to help out other coworkers. Anyways, I digress.

So I'm walking home and am thrilled because, well, I'm not in the office anymore AND I'm getting closer and closer to seeing my pup Dug! I'm about 5 minutes from home, it's the final stretch, I can *almost* see my street when it happens.

I'm walking on a brick sidewalk (we love those things around here) when one of the bricks I stepped on gave way and tilted drastically to the right, at like a 60 degree angle. The bottom of my foot decided to stick with the brick and tilt with the brick, but the rest of me, apparently not quite grasping what was happening at that instant, veered to the left and my poor ankle was stuck in the middle trying desperately to get keep my foot and the rest of my body together.

In what felt like the slowest motion ever, my brain suddenly connected what was about to happen and apparently thought the best way to prevent my ankle from it's sure demise, was to throw my body drastically to the left.

This, it turns out, was a bad idea. For one, it was too late to save the ankle, that sucker was a goner. And two, now I found myself about to come crashing down to the ground, and my brain, apparently tapping out at that instant, let me land on my left knee...and ONLY my left knee.

To add insult to injury, in my gracious falling/flailing around in the air, my skirt (whhhy did I have to wear a skirt today!?!?) went flying up over my face.

Ok, just flashing possibly a few people around, nbd right?

HA. No, this is my unlucky week, of course there were more than just a few people around. I did this at the corner of one of the busiest intersections in town! Like one of those ones that not only has the two intersecting roads, but has roads coming in at the diagonal too, and of course this happened during rush hour! :rotfl:

So at this point I'm on the ground trying to pull my skirt back down and avoiding looking over at the traffic stopped at the light, did not want to see if anyone noticed! Then I'm stuck with a conundrum. My ankle and knee are throbbing, but at the same time I'm desperate to get the heck out of there and away from any witnesses. But I didn't know if I could walk, and I certainly didn't want to attempt it only to fall again, so I just sat there.

And I sat there, for like 5 minutes. Meanwhile the light changed so all the people in the cars that could have seen me fall had moved on, and all the new people probably just thought I was some crazy woman sitting on the ground.

After a while I realized I needed to do something. I considered calling one of my best friends who lives nearby to come get me, but we had a bit of a falling out the last few days (long story, but just added to the crap that has been my week). Then I was thinking of calling an Uber, but I was sooo close to home and I didn't want to wait any longer, so I finally decided to attempt to get up.

I'm happy to say I could! But it wasn't fun, and the remaining walk home was awful. I was fighting to hold back tears the entire walk.

I walked/limped past so many people and they all avoided looking at my pathetic self, until this one guy, who clearly saw that I wasn't having the best day, asks if I'm ok and need help. Some people are just awesome like that, I wanted to hug him. But by the time this happened I was only two doors down from my house, so thanked him and hobbled on to my destination, but after passing him he shouts over "don't worry, it will get better!"

Now, I don't know if he was just talking about my knee, which was now bleeding, and my ankle which was getting nice and swollen, but I took it as EVERYTHING will get better. This obnoxious unlucky funk I'm in will end and things will get better, as will my knee and ankle.

So yeah, that is my week so far. I hope all of you are having much better ones!

How are you doing now? That was a bad fall. I can imagine how hard that must have been to get up and make it home. It also must have been embarrassing. I'm surprised that no one stopped and offered to help you get up. I've fallen a few times when I worked in downtown Chicago, and most of the time someone offered to help me, especially if I sat there for a moment or two.

I am SO sorry. Been there, done that, exactly the same thing. Especially the part of praying no one saw but they did and how to get up. What an awful feeling. Please have your ankle looked at asap. Mine ended up being broken in 3 places. Hard experience. Ice is your friend until you can get it Xrayed.

Again, I'm so sorry. I was thoroughly loving your Trip Report as usual. I travel with my adult daughter to Disney all the time. Love mother/daughter trips so your trip reports are very special.

Hope life gets smoother for you.

I am so sorry you are having a rough week. It will get better. I did a fall like this a few months ago while leaving a marching band show my kids were doing. I didn't realize the curb started and I fell. Bent my right ankle and fell on my left knee and hand. The stadium had been filled so tons of people around. It is the worst to fall like this in front of so many people.

Im curious to see if they still have the SAB bands for my Beach Club stay in December! It does seem like a fun souvenir but I definitely dont want to wear it all week long lol would much rather slip it on and off!

Sorry to hear about your fall! hopefully you feel better soon and things turn around quickly :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter