• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh, has it Been Raining? No, this is Just Sweat. Sept/Oct 2022 Trip Report! (Updated 9/16!!)

popcorn:: following along for another one. Btw, love your mom's shirt in her intro picture.
:welcome: and thanks for following along! That shirt got my mom so many compliments this trip, it was such a hit! I got it for her from Boxlunch, think they still have them if you're interested!

Debbie, your mother-daughter trips bring me such joy. And that sweating in the elevator story- love it! It’s so funny and awkward. Those are my favourite kind of stories.

Debbie, your mother-daughter trips bring me such joy. And that sweating in the elevator story- love it! It’s so funny and awkward. Those are my favourite kind of stories.
Aw, thank you! That makes me so happy!

And seriously, we're still laughing about it! It was such an awkward exchange! :rotfl:

The flight took off on time, actually a bit early, and we ended up arriving like 30 minutes early at 8:43! Now, based on my theory from my last trip, when my flights are on time/early, it will be a very rainy trip, and so far this theory is proving to be very accurate! ::yes::
I would have been very annoyed to have to wait 30 minutes to get through TSA pre-check. At least the rest of the flight was good.

The thing about your theory is that September is a very rainy month, so it doesn't really matter what happens with your flight. ;)

I would have been very annoyed to have to wait 30 minutes to get through TSA pre-check. At least the rest of the flight was good.
Yes! That was obnoxious, they need to figure that out, especially when the non-precheck line looked to be moving faster!
The thing about your theory is that September is a very rainy month, so it doesn't really matter what happens with your flight. ;)
Haha, true, but prior to last years trip we have had very very dry September trips, and prior to last years trip my flight was never on time. So far the majority of our September trips have been dry, and my flights delayed. We've only had two September trips that have been rainy, and for both my flights were on time! It's just a weird coincidence this is happening, but I am curious to see if it holds up for our next few trips!

Oh dear, my mom just tested positive for Covid. I was just saying yesterday it would be a miracle if we came home without some illness, I have never seen/heard so many sick people while down in Disney before. The amount of coughing there last week was definitely concerning, it seemed like there was at least someone in every family coughing up a storm.

Good news she only has a mild sore throat right now, so hopefully that's the worst of it for her. I'm still feeling fine but will take a covid test later today just in case.

I gotta say, I hate the new security. With the old system I never had a wait outside of traveling for Christmas, usually it was just a handful of people in the pre-check line. With the new location/system they have the line for pre-check was nuts. It took almost 30 minutes to get through! Good thing I got to the airport earlier than I normally do so I had the time, I just don’t like lines.
I need to get Nexus (Canadian version of pre check). Last trip it took me an hour just to get through customs, never mind US customs!
Next up: Food Booths Here We Come!
Yum! What were your favourites?
Oh dear, my mom just tested positive for Covid. I was just saying yesterday it would be a miracle if we came home without some illness, I have never seen/heard so many sick people while down in Disney before. The amount of coughing there last week was definitely concerning, it seemed like there was at least someone in every family coughing up a storm.
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that. I chose to mask indoors and in crowds when I was there in August as there were a lot of sick people around. Honestly, I find it very selfish for people to go to the parks when they know they are not well.

I need to get Nexus (Canadian version of pre check). Last trip it took me an hour just to get through customs, never mind US customs!
Yikes! That is crazy!
Yum! What were your favourites?
Ohhh, there were so many. Some standouts this year were the paneer in India, the Schinkennudeln from Germany, and an old favorite, the steak in Canada which was cooked to perfection this year!
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that. I chose to mask indoors and in crowds when I was there in August as there were a lot of sick people around. Honestly, I find it very selfish for people to go to the parks when they know they are not well.
Thanks! We also wore masks whenever indoors, and even outside in crowds, but they didn't work this time for us!

And talking about selfish, we got stuck on the gondola with this woman who was crazy sick, like the second the doors closed she announced how sick she was and that it was her first day she was able to get out of bed kinda sick. She said she never even had one thought of cancelling because she had looked forward to this trip for months! Of course it was just her and my mom and I on the gondola (mid day, no idea why the CM made us ride together), and the gondola got stopped for like 15 minutes. Meanwhile my mom and I are squishing over to the far side of the cabin to get away from this woman who kept coughing and not covering her mouth. Just ew ew ew. What a gross selfish woman!

Off to a great start! I love mother/daughter trips. My mom and I went on one last year for F&G, but I am hoping to take her to F&W someday. Can’t wait to read more! I hope your mom feels better soon!

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Are you feeling okay?

My husband caught Covid from our WDW trip in May. My sister, who was with us, and I did not get Covid. May was the first Disney trip we took where almost all the mask mandates were over.

Off to a great start! I love mother/daughter trips. My mom and I went on one last year for F&G, but I am hoping to take her to F&W someday. Can’t wait to read more! I hope your mom feels better soon!
Thanks! I love mother/daughter trips as well (you could probably tell :rotfl: )! F&G is definitely a fun time as well, and these days without any of the special events at F&W I may actually favor F&G. But if they bring back the special events for F&W then that will rise back to the top!

And thank you for the well wishes! She's doing ok for now, just feeling like a head cold at this point. Fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse!

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Are you feeling okay?
Thank you! So far I'm doing ok, I've taken two rapid tests and both have been negative, although I've read that the rapid tests aren't always the most accurate. We'll see, I figure if my mom has it, it's pretty likely I'll get it too.
My husband caught Covid from our WDW trip in May. My sister, who was with us, and I did not get Covid. May was the first Disney trip we took where almost all the mask mandates were over.
Oh really? That's good to hear for myself, maybe I won't come down with it! Hope your husband got better really quickly!

Joining in! Sorry to hear your Mom has covid! I feel like thats the unfortunate souvenir of every vacation now lol hopefully it stays pretty mild!

Joining in! Sorry to hear your Mom has covid! I feel like thats the unfortunate souvenir of every vacation now lol hopefully it stays pretty mild!
:welcome:, thanks for joining! And seriously, I had hoped we'd come home without this particular souvenir, but we didn't get that lucky this time around! Fortunately mom is still doing pretty well, just like a head cold currently, and so far I'm fine and am still testing negative. Fingers crossed this is the extent of it and mom gets better really soon!

Joining in. I hope your Mom feels better soon.
:welcome:, thanks for following along! Thank you for the well wishes, so far so good with mom just a runny nose and a sore throat, so fingers crossed this is the worse it will get!

I hope your mom feels better very soon.
We were at Disney World the same time as you and your mom. I even added an extra night (9/23) on to the beginning of our trip before moving to BWV.

I agree with all the sick/ coughing people. We were behind a family talking about their child’s high fever and then giving him children’s Motrin.

I hope your mom feels better very soon.
We were at Disney World the same time as you and your mom. I even added an extra night (9/23) on to the beginning of our trip before moving to BWV.
Thank you! Oh yeah, you were on the MNSSHP text right? We totally failed at the meetup :rotfl:
I agree with all the sick/ coughing people. We were behind a family talking about their child’s high fever and then giving him children’s Motrin.
Oh jeeze, that's not good! It was crazy just how much coughing was going on last week, every time we got back to the room I just wanted to take a shower to get all the germs off of me!

I get that people have been planning and looking forward to the trip for months so they don't want to postpone due to being sick, but I also can't help but wonder how those that were sick actually enjoyed themselves. Back when I was a kid we had a trip to Hawaii, and of course I got sick just before we left, but my parents didn't want to postpone so we went and I just remember being so miserable for most of the week. I wish my parents postponed, but I totally get where they're coming from with all the planning and being able to take time off work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter