Oh, has it Been Raining? No, this is Just Sweat. Sept/Oct 2022 Trip Report! (Updated 9/16!!)

I did this tour in May and loved it even though it pretty much poured the majority of the time. So , yes , I have a free poncho too 😀. We learned a lot about flamingos on ours as a they had a CM that worked with them come speak while we were eating. I would do this again for sure. Good food and the extra info about the safari made it worth it .

Happy New Year! Isn't this a great tour? We did it last year as well and absolutely loved it. I had the same initial thought re: volume of food (but it was enough for all) and we also had a second dinner. I found that curried chicken salad recipe online and have been meaning to make it -- so good. Honestly, I could just live in Animal Kingdom and keep taking tours and talking about the animals. LOVE it. Those baby gorillas are adorable!! Here's to a happy and healthy 2023, more Disney trips, and hopefully the return of F&W events, LOL.

Happy New year! Yes, this is a really great tour. It is funny about the food, it really didn't look like it would be enough for 12 people, but I'm glad it worked out. Although knowing we were going to Epcot after for more food helped too!

Haha, I hear you on Animal Kingdom, it is such a magical park. The tours they have are fantastic too, we did the Wild Africa Trek a few years back and loved that one too. Been meaning to book the Caring for Giants and the Rhino one too one of these days. I wish they would do the Circle of Flavors again, we really loved that one and I want to do it again!

And yes! Please bring back F&W events Disney!

I did this tour in May and loved it even though it pretty much poured the majority of the time. So , yes , I have a free poncho too 😀. We learned a lot about flamingos on ours as a they had a CM that worked with them come speak while we were eating. I would do this again for sure. Good food and the extra info about the safari made it worth it .
It really is a great tour, I would definitely do it again. And I loved getting the free poncho, great timing to replace my old ripped one!

Reactions: DLo

Quick RL update! This FARTs trip is coming up so fast! I'm so happy the food booth menus have been released, I've been drooling over those, so many things I want to try! I also finally decided that I am going to check out Takumi Tei this trip, so booked that this morning. I've been wanting to go here since it opened, and while I'm a bit annoyed the price has gone up $100/person, I still really want to try it so will be using some Christmas money to help pay/justify the price.

I'm doing more ADRs than originally planned, although originally planned was zero, so even one would be more! :rotfl2: I'll be doing Steakhouse 71, had reservations there back in September but then Ian came around and changed those plans, so I want a do-over. I have Takumi Tei as just mentioned, and then I also decided to book a fireworks dessert party at MK! I realized I haven't seen non-party fireworks at MK since 2017ish (I think the last time I saw them was the changeover from Wishes to HEA!), and with Enchantment leaving soon I should at least see it once.

Everything is falling into place and I am so excited! Now if only my boss would approve my leave request...

Quick RL update! This FARTs trip is coming up so fast! I'm so happy the food booth menus have been released, I've been drooling over those, so many things I want to try! I also finally decided that I am going to check out Takumi Tei this trip, so booked that this morning. I've been wanting to go here since it opened, and while I'm a bit annoyed the price has gone up $100/person, I still really want to try it so will be using some Christmas money to help pay/justify the price.

I'm doing more ADRs than originally planned, although originally planned was zero, so even one would be more! :rotfl2: I'll be doing Steakhouse 71, had reservations there back in September but then Ian came around and changed those plans, so I want a do-over. I have Takumi Tei as just mentioned, and then I also decided to book a fireworks dessert party at MK! I realized I haven't seen non-party fireworks at MK since 2017ish (I think the last time I saw them was the changeover from Wishes to HEA!), and with Enchantment leaving soon I should at least see it once.

Everything is falling into place and I am so excited! Now if only my boss would approve my leave request...
I love that you're doing so many trips because I look so forward to your trip reports.
Thanks for going often. 8-)

Quick RL update! This FARTs trip is coming up so fast! I'm so happy the food booth menus have been released, I've been drooling over those, so many things I want to try!
We will be there in early February but some of the food is just too colorful for me. The Beef Wellington looks good, though. :)

We plan to try Steakhouse 71. I hope it's good.

The menus for Arts do look good. I was just making my wish list. So much to try! We ate at Takumi Tei last month and really enjoyed it. The service is truly outstanding. That's not a knock on the food, which is delicious, but the hospitality really stands out. And Steakhouse 71 - I dream about those onion rings.

So exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Fingers crossed!
We had breakfast there in December and it was absoluetly delicious! I ate t the lounge last summer and love the bacon and eggs app as well as the onion rings. So good!

I love that you're doing so many trips because I look so forward to your trip reports.
Thanks for going often. 8-)
Haaaa, you are welcome! I think this will be the first time I'll have two trip reports going at the same time. Hopefully I can both wrapped up before the next trips in the fall!

We will be there in early February but some of the food is just too colorful for me. The Beef Wellington looks good, though. :)
Yes! The Beef wellington is on my list of must try items. Some of the chocolate items also look amazing. I can't wait to check them all out!
I've heard really good things about it, so I'm excited to finally try it out. Hopefully it lives up to the hype!

The menus for Arts do look good. I was just making my wish list. So much to try! We ate at Takumi Tei last month and really enjoyed it. The service is truly outstanding. That's not a knock on the food, which is delicious, but the hospitality really stands out. And Steakhouse 71 - I dream about those onion rings.
Oh! Since you've been to Takumi Tei hopefully you can answer this for me, are the only options the tasting menus or can you order a la carte as well? The menu online only looks like the tasting menus. I saw a review from pre-pandemic times and it looked so amazing, so I can't wait to try it out.

Steakhouse 71 has been on my must try list since it first opened, I keep looking at the menu and cannot decide what I want to get. I seriously may need to order two entrees, so many things look so good!

So exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it!
I can't wait to experience it all! I've been wanting to go to this festival for years, I'm so happy to finally be going!
Fingers crossed!
Haha, yeah, I expect he will, there is no reason for him not to. It's not like we'll be short staffed that week and I have the vacation time.
We had breakfast there in December and it was absoluetly delicious! I ate t the lounge last summer and love the bacon and eggs app as well as the onion rings. So good!
You're the second person to mention the onion rings, I think I'm going to need to add those to my meal! I'll be there for lunch, and I really cannot figure out what I want to eat. There is just too much that looks good!

Oh! Since you've been to Takumi Tei hopefully you can answer this for me, are the only options the tasting menus or can you order a la carte as well? The menu online only looks like the tasting menus. I saw a review from pre-pandemic times and it looked so amazing, so I can't wait to try it out.

Steakhouse 71 has been on my must try list since it first opened, I keep looking at the menu and cannot decide what I want to get. I seriously may need to order two entrees, so many things look so good!
Unfortunately, no a la carte option at Takumi Tei. I'd prefer that too. But it was delicious. Menu different than pre-pandemic but still great.

My faves at 71 are the burger, onion rings, and french onion soup. Only problem is it's too much to have in one meal.

Unfortunately, no a la carte option at Takumi Tei. I'd prefer that too. But it was delicious. Menu different than pre-pandemic but still great.
Ah, that's what I figured, thanks! Still super excited to try it out! One other question, was there a drink pairing as well?
My faves at 71 are the burger, onion rings, and french onion soup. Only problem is it's too much to have in one meal.
I have seen so many people rave about the burger there! I think right now I'm leaning towards that, and the onion rings...and maybe I'll start with the soup. :rotfl2:

Im glad you enjoyed Savor the Savanna! Thats definitely one of my favorite Disney experiences to date!

Have fun on your FARTs trip! We are going in February ourselves and I cant wait either! I feel like its the most underrated festival!

Ok but you HAVE to save room for the 17 layer chocolate cake at 71. I did my 50th birthday dinner there and I still look at the picture and drool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter