Oh, has it Been Raining? No, this is Just Sweat. Sept/Oct 2022 Trip Report! (Updated 9/16!!)

I thought the cake castle was cute. I think I am the only one on the planet😂
Haha, I'm sure there is another person or two out there! I didn't love it or hate it, it was just different. I did love my dad referred to it as the Pepto Bismol castle, he still talks about it!

Day 8, Part 4: A Quick Trip to HS!

Friday, September 30, 2022

Once back at the hotel mom took a nap while I sat out on the balcony enjoying a grapefruit beer and catching up on my trip notes. I also played around a lot with the special camera lenses you get with G+.

It was soooo beautiful out there, it was only 78 degrees at that point with super low humidity. I ended up spending a lot of time out there!

Finally around 4:00 we were ready to head out again, this time we decided to hop over to HS since we missed a planned HS visit during the hurricane.

We opted to take the skyliner over there for fun. So we get to the skyliner station at Epcot and there is a small line, but not big enough to have to share cabins so the CM is putting each group into their own. Well, she was doing that until she got to us that is.

So she assigns us a cabin which we get on, and then a moment later this other woman gets on as well. Ok, not a big deal normally, but this woman was suuuuuper sick. And no, not just allergies or something, she actually told us how sick she was! :crazy2:

Apparently she was so sick she hadn’t been able to get out of bed the previous few days, but decided today she needed to do something, but didn’t want to go to a park and get other people sick, so decided to just ride Disney transportation all day. Um what?!?!? Did she think that people can’t catch her illness on transportation?!?! Ugh, what an idiot.

So the entire ride on the skyliner she was coughing and sneezing and sounding miserable, meanwhile mom and I are squished into the far corner of the cabin trying to stay as far from the germs as possible! And of course the skyliner was having issues this day so kept stopping! :sad:

I decided that when we got to Riviera we should get off and just go wait for a new cabin so we could get away from this woman, but when we got to Riviera she got off.

Phew!

Well, that was short lived relief, because just as the doors were closing she jumped back on! UGGGGGH.

So we were stuck with her all the way to CBR. Thankfully once there she decided to go hop back on the Epcot line so we didn’t have to ride with her anymore.

Seriously, some people. :sad2: I know there is no way to prove this, but I’m betting this is where my mom picked up covid.

There was a very small line for the HS skyliner line, and the CM was really awesome and without even having to ask he told us he’d wait for an unwrapped one to assign us.

Fortunately, our ride to HS we had the cabin all to ourselves!

Earlier in the day I had booked us a LL for TSMM with a return time of 4:15, and once we arrived at HS I booked us a day of DAS to meet Mickey and Minnie. Not a horrible lineup for a quick trip to HS.

It was already 4:45 by the time we got into the park, so we decided to head back and use our LL for TSMM.

It was a fun ride as always, and I actually got one of my better scores, like over 155k!

Once off TSMM it was almost time to meet Mickey and Minnie, so we headed over there. This one was a bit confusing since they don’t have a separate LL, but we were able to book a DAS for it. So we found a CM to ask for help.

He was having issues with his scanner, so told us that normally he would just scan our magicbands, but since his scanner wasn’t working we could use the tickets on our phone instead. I didn’t have that set up, so went to quickly do that, but it would not work. The CM took a stab at it as well and also couldn’t get it to work. Thanks Disney IT.

After trying for a while, the CM finally told us to just show him the DAS reservation on the phone and he would let us in, so we did that. He then brought us to this small holding area right at the front of the line to wait. Here another CM was stationed, and this one had a working scanner so was able to scan our magicbands to use the DAS.

A bit complicated, but hey, we were next in line to meet Mickey and Minnie, so no complaints!

We had a nice meet with Minnie, but our meet with Mickey was by far the best Mickey meet I’ve ever had!

So I went in for a hug, and while hugging him I said something about how I’ve been waiting for years to be able to hug him again, and omg, he hugged me so hard and would not let go! He seriously hugged me for like 2 minutes! It was so sweet I almost cried!

Mom showing off her character pose! :rotfl:

He then had a really funny interaction with my mom, who is known for doing the Mickey foot pose, and he was instructing her exactly how to do it. It was such an awesome meet, I’m so happy we got to do it!

Once our meet was over, we decided to head out so made our way down to the boat docks.

Next up: Back to Epcot!

Last edited:
Seriously, some people. :sad2: I know there is no way to prove this, but I’m betting this is where my mom picked up covid.
I bet you are right about that. Even though the air flows through the gondola when it's moving, the germs can still get you.
He was having issues with his scanner, so told us that normally he would just scan our magicbands, but since his scanner wasn’t working we could use the tickets on our phone instead. I didn’t have that set up, so went to quickly do that, but it would not work. The CM took a stab at it as well and also couldn’t get it to work. Thanks Disney IT.
Disney needs to pay those tech guys more money so they can fix their IT.

Ugh - that is horrible that woman was out sick and "sharing" her germs for all around. I would have hopped off to get away from her too and been annoyed when she got back on at the last second!

Love everything about your report as usual. My adult daughter and I do many trips (approximately same ages and you and mom) and each one more precious than the last.

I wasn't even in the Skyliner wth you and I'm mad at that woman. I would have had a REAL problem with that.
DH & I have shockingly not have Covid even though we are old and I have 2 autoimmune disorders. We are like prevention lunetics on our many Disney trips and I make no apology for that.

She was rude and ignorant of others.

Once again they didn’t have any larger plastic bags, only the super small ones, but fortunately mom brought the Monsters Inc tote I gave her at the start of the trip so we put all our purchases in there. I have no idea why she brought it, but I’m glad she did!
Good pre planning! I love those small resuable bags that roll up. I always toss one in my bag.
By that point we were getting close to our ILL for Guardians, so we found a seat in the shade to peoplewatch and wait for our return time to come up. Finally, it was time to head over and I was SOOOOOOO excited!
Yay!!!!!
This was SOOOOOOO good! It was one of my top dishes this year!
Love that dish! So yummy!
I decided that when we got to Riviera we should get off and just go wait for a new cabin so we could get away from this woman, but when we got to Riviera she got off.

Phew!

Well, that was short lived relief, because just as the doors were closing she jumped back on! UGGGGGH.
Ugh!!!! 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
Earlier in the day I had booked us a LL for TSMM with a return time of 4:15, and once we arrived at HS I booked us a day of DAS to meet Mickey and Minnie. Not a horrible lineup for a quick trip to HS.
Awesome!
So I went in for a hug, and while hugging him I said something about how I’ve been waiting for years to be able to hug him again, and omg, he hugged me so hard and would not let go! He seriously hugged me for like 2 minutes! It was so sweet I almost cried!
Oh my gosh! Thatis the sweetest ever!
He then had a really funny interaction with my mom, who is known for doing the Mickey foot pose, and he was instructing her exactly how to do it. It was such an awesome meet, I’m so happy we got to do it!
Love that!

Quick mini real life update! My mom came down to visit me for a long weekend to celebrate both her and my birthdays, so today we decided to go out for a special birthday lunch at Jaleo!

We ended up getting the Jose's Way tasting menu, which was amazing! It was 6 courses, and each course had at least two tapas! There was SO much food, but it was delicious. Mom also got the gin and tonic flight which was amazing, and I wanted to get the wine pairing for the tasting menu, but they would only allow that if we both got the wine pairing, so I opted to get a glass of wine instead. Ok, food picture time!

The last two pictures are of the surprise desserts we got for our birthdays! We ended up sharing, they gave mom a tres leches dessert and mine was a chocolate mousse.

After lunch we decided to go play tourist for a bit and check out the National Gallery of Art. Here we went on a hunt for my favorite Monet painting, and finally found it!

Wall of Monet

After exploring the museum a bit more we headed out to stroll down the national mall and go see my favorite building in DC.

My favorite building in the city, the Castle!

It's been a really fun visit so far, love when my parents visit so I actually do touristy stuff around here I NEVER do on my own!

Ok, that's it for today, will get back to this TR soon!

Ugh - that is horrible that woman was out sick and "sharing" her germs for all around. I would have hopped off to get away from her too and been annoyed when she got back on at the last second!
Exactly! We were shocked and so annoyed when she hopped back on at the last second!

Love everything about your report as usual. My adult daughter and I do many trips (approximately same ages and you and mom) and each one more precious than the last.
Aw, thank you so much! I love mother daughter trips, we have such amazing memories from them!
I wasn't even in the Skyliner wth you and I'm mad at that woman. I would have had a REAL problem with that.
DH & I have shockingly not have Covid even though we are old and I have 2 autoimmune disorders. We are like prevention lunetics on our many Disney trips and I make no apology for that.
Haha, we were sooooo annoyed at that woman! It was so rude! That's awesome you haven't caught covid! I too have still not caught it, and I've been exposed a number of times now so either that vaccine is doing a really good job, or I've been very lucky!
She was rude and ignorant of others.
Agree 100% (also adding in stupid, like she didn't go to the parks to prevent spreading it, but she thought it wouldn't spread on transportation?!?)

Good pre planning! I love those small resuable bags that roll up. I always toss one in my bag.
I wish I could say we planned it, and actually maybe my mom did, but however we ended up bringing it this day we got very lucky!
Love love love Guardians, I was so pumped it was finally our time to ride it!
Love that dish! So yummy!
Soooo good!
My thoughts exactly ::yes::
Yeah, it was a great lineup for such a quick trip over to HS!
Oh my gosh! Thatis the sweetest ever!
It was so amazing! I almost cried it was so sweet!
Love that!
Haha, my mom loves to practice the character foot pose! :rotfl:

I always forget there is a Jaleo in DC I was so confused for a hot second 😂Happy belated bday!
Haha, there used to be one in northern Virginia too, like 5 minutes from my house, but sadly that one closed recently. Funny enough, I've never actually been to the one in Disney Springs! One of these years we'll get there. And thank you for the birthday wishes!

I've never been to Washington DC and everyone says that it is a beautiful place to visit.
It's pretty nice here, but the summer can be rough, it's basically Disney hot and humid without any fun rides. Fall and Spring (and sometimes winter) can be amazing with the weather, the last few days have been in the 80s and humid, but today it's in the upper 60s with no humidity and it is glorious!

As for the city itself, there is so much to do it's kind of ridiculous, I've lived in this area for 18 years and I still haven't seen everything. Also outside of the city proper is fantastic, I live in northern Virginia (just across the river from DC) and there is also a crazy amount of stuff to do over here as well. I totally recommend a visit, especially if you're a fan of historic stuff, like museums, or like wine (we have a ton of winery's in Virginia).

Looks like a fantastic birthday meal! My youngest son will be in DC in the fall - attending college there - and I'm really looking forward to visiting more often. We're only about 4 hours away, but still have only been a few times. I love all the history and museums and they have a great zoo!

Happy birthday! Looks like you had a great celebration. I somehow missed the sick lady on the skyliner post. I would have absolutely lost my mind. I find that the older I get I just don't care about being polite for the sake of being polite when I feel strongly about something (I mean, obviously, I try to be polite in general). So inconsiderate of her. People are ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter