Oh, has it Been Raining? No, this is Just Sweat. Sept/Oct 2022 Trip Report! (Updated 9/16!!)

Day 3, Part 4: Dinner and a Show

Sunday, September 25th, 2022

We last left off with us taking a break before our night time adventure! After a short rest, we started to get ready for our next adventure.

Around 2:45 I called for another Minnie Van, and was able to get one a bit quicker this time and it showed it would arrive to pick us up in 20 minutes. Not bad (for us at least)!

We finished getting ready then made our way downstairs to wait for the car.

It was a quick ride to the MK and we were pulling in right at 3:30.

While the party entrance wasn’t nearly as crowded as we’ve seen in the past, we still opted to just enter through the non-party tapstiles and pick up our credentials while in the park.

We had great (well for us) timing and emerged from under the train station to see we had arrived just in time to watch the parade go by! So we found a spot to watch and enjoy!

After the parade went by there was a mass exodus from the park, and since we were right next to the tunnels to get out, we decided instead of fighting our way in, to just sit on the wall and let the crowds pass.

It wasn’t a long wait, maybe 5-8 minutes before it was clear enough we could walk into the park.

Once in we did something we NEVER do….we went to Starbucks!

Ok, so our rest during the day wasn’t really that productive and we were pretty tired and needed some caffeine.

There was a pretty sizable line in there so it took a while to order, and once we ordered it was a while til our drinks were ready. Not a big deal though, we didn’t have plans until almost 5 so had time!

We both got the pumpkin cream iced coffee (name might not be exact).

Once we had coffee in hand, we made our way into the hub to sit in the shade in the grassy area and enjoy our drinks.

This was a fantastic idea since moments later the marching band marched right by us and we had front row seats! A few minutes after that the pianist at Casey’s starting playing, and that music plus the view just made for a really magical mini break.

While we were there the stage show also started, so we got to watch that too! Although to be fair it wasn’t the best view. So in the span of less than an hour we got to see the parade, the marching band, listen to the Casey’s pianist, and see the stage show. Not a bad afternoon of entertainment!

We were surprised that hardly anyone else came into the area while we were there, we had the place to ourselves for most of the time, except for this one couple who came in to take pictures for a baby announcement and for some reason decided to set up the onesie and announcement about 6” from me. Seriously, the rest of the grassy area was empty, but this couple decided the needed to get the picture practically on top of me, and then kept complaining that we were in the way. :rolleyes: Funny thing is, they would have gotten a much better picture if they took it away from us out in the sunny area. It would be hard to get a good shot with the dark foreground and bright castle background. I wanted to tell them this, but they were clearly already pissed that we were there first, so figured they wouldn’t be receptive to any suggestions for a better shot.

It was so relaxing sitting in that grassy area that I suggested that we just hang out there enjoying the atmosphere until our dinner reservation at 4:55, which mom happily agreed to!

Well, it was a great idea until I realized that it was after 4 and we still hadn’t picked up our credentials for the party! Oops! So we sadly packed up our bags and made our way over to Tomorrowland to get our party wristbands and treat bags.

We did notice a photopass photographer hanging out in the grassy area as well, so we headed over there first to get some pictures!

We then made our way towards Tomorrowland. On the way I saw there was no one waiting for the super zoom photopass, so of course we stopped there first!

After getting our pictures we made our way to the credential pick up location just across the bridge in Tomorrowland. I expected there to be a line to get our party wrist band, in the past we’ve typically had a bit of a wait to get our stuff, but tonight there was none! It took all of like 2 minutes to get our stuff. Now it was about 4:20 so we figured we’d head back to our shady spot in the hub to relax until dinner.

Unfortunately by the time we got back to the hub, the grassy area had been filled! Ugh, annoying people taking our seats :rotfl: Also, I’m wondering if we smelled…like the entire time we were sitting there only that one annoying couple came in, but the second we left the area filled up…maybe we did stink a bit…

Anyways, so we wandered into Adventureland to see if we could find a shady spot there to relax until dinner.

On the way we saw a photopass photographer so of course we had to stop!

We ended up finding some seats on a wall right by the restaurant, so sat there for about 15 minutes before we started to overheat and figured we might as well see if we could check in.

We arrived at Skippers Canteen at 4:35 to check in, and thankfully they not only let us, but let us wait inside in the AC!

There was a bit of a wait for our table to be called, about 25 minutes, but at least we were in the AC and sitting down, so we couldn’t complain!

We were in a new room for us this time around, the one in the back instead of the front room, so it was cool to check it out.

Soon after sitting down our waitress came over to ask us what we wanted to drink, like literally 15 seconds after we sat down. Ha! I told her that we needed to review the drink menu first but we could start with waters thinking she’d go get the waters and come back in a bit after we had reviewed the menu, but nope! She just stood there watching us as we went through the drink menu!

We had a handful of awkward moments this trip, and this was certainly one of them. ::yes::

After what felt like 20 minutes of her watching us read the menu, but was probably only like 2 minutes, I think she realized we needed more time and left to get our waters.

We finally decided on our drinks, I got a glass of red wine that was delicious, and mom decided to just go with water.

It took a while for our waitress to come back, so we had time to peruse the food menu too without being watched :rotfl2:

Mom ended up ordering the lamb, and I got the hanger steak.

We of course tried each other’s, and I’m surprised to say that I actually preferred the lamb! The flavors were just so much better, the steak, while cooked perfectly, was very bland compared to the lamb.

Next up: It’s time to PARTY!!!!

Last edited:
I'm so glad the Minnie vans returned. Such a great option, particularly for skipping the TTC. Your outfits are so cute. I especially love your backpack. I desperately want to be a backpack person but I'm just not. Love Skipper Canteen!! The couple in the hub sound nice :rolleyes:. I get so annoyed by people who have no sense of personal space. It drives me nuts when there are a bazillion options, but someone needs to sit at the next table, a few seats away in a movie theater or right in front of me when the theater is almost empty, park right next to me in a largely empty parking lot, or need to use the stall next to me in the restroom when there are a dozen other options. Drives me insane. Now that I've typed all this out, perhaps I have some issues. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

I'm so glad the Minnie vans returned. Such a great option, particularly for skipping the TTC. Your outfits are so cute. I especially love your backpack. I desperately want to be a backpack person but I'm just not. Love Skipper Canteen!! The couple in the hub sound nice :rolleyes:. I get so annoyed by people who have no sense of personal space. It drives me nuts when there are a bazillion options, but someone needs to sit at the next table, a few seats away in a movie theater or right in front of me when the theater is almost empty, park right next to me in a largely empty parking lot, or need to use the stall next to me in the restroom when there are a dozen other options. Drives me insane. Now that I've typed all this out, perhaps I have some issues. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:
Haaaa, I'm the same way. I'll throw in there people sitting right next to you on the beach when the rest of the beach is empty. And it's always a super loud family too. :rotfl2:

While we were there the stage show also started, so we got to watch that too! Although to be fair it wasn’t the best view. So in the span of less than an hour we got to see the parade, the marching band, listen to the Casey’s pianist, and see the stage show. Not a bad afternoon of entertainment!
That was really lucky. I love when that happens. :)
We then made our way towards Tomorrowland. On the way I saw there was no one waiting for the super zoom photopass, so of course we stopped there first!
We stopped at a Photopass spot when no one else was around during early hours on a party day. MK was empty at that early hour, so we decided to take the time to get a photo. One of them was the superzoom but I don't know if there is anything special about it. I feel like I'm missing something. ;)
Soon after sitting down our waitress came over to ask us what we wanted to drink, like literally 15 seconds after we sat down. Ha! I told her that we needed to review the drink menu first but we could start with waters thinking she’d go get the waters and come back in a bit after we had reviewed the menu, but nope! She just stood there watching us as we went through the drink menu!
I'm sure for every person who wants time to check out the drink menu for something new, there are many more who want their drink RIGHT NOW. I like to take the time to look for something sweet and fruity, but the waitress seems to be ready for the other type of guest. :)

Last edited:

We had great (well for us) timing and emerged from under the train station to see we had arrived just in time to watch the parade go by! So we found a spot to watch and enjoy!

After the parade went by there was a mass exodus from the park, and since we were right next to the tunnels to get out, we decided instead of fighting our way in, to just sit on the wall and let the crowds pass.

It wasn’t a long wait, maybe 5-8 minutes before it was clear enough we could walk into the park.

Once in we did something we NEVER do….we went to Starbucks!
I love catching the parade as you walk in to the park!
Once we had coffee in hand, we made our way into the hub to sit in the shade in the grassy area and enjoy our drinks.
Perfection!
This was a fantastic idea since moments later the marching band marched right by us and we had front row seats! A few minutes after that the pianist at Casey’s starting playing, and that music plus the view just made for a really magical mini break.
Such a magical moment!
We did notice a photopass photographer hanging out in the grassy area as well, so we headed over there first to get some pictures!
Love your costumes!
We were in a new room for us this time around, the one in the back instead of the front room, so it was cool to check it out.
I've never sat back there but think I would prefer it to the big main room.

That was really lucky. I love when that happens. :)
It really was, love that unplanned magic!
We stopped at a Photopass spot when no one else was around during early hours on a party day. MK was empty at that early hour, so we decided to take the time to get a photo. One of them was the superzoom but I don't know if there is anything special about it. I feel like I'm missing something. ;)
Haha, I like to play a sort of Where's Waldo with the super zoom shots with people.
I'm sure for every person who wants time to check out the drink menu for something new, there are many more who want their drink RIGHT NOW. I like to take the time to look for something sweet and fruity, but the waitress seems to be ready for the other type of guest. :)
Oh I'm sure there is too, I know I have been that person occasionally! On the other hand, when we tell the waitress we need a few minutes, and she just stands there and stares at us, it can get a bit awkward :rotfl2:

I love catching the parade as you walk in to the park!
It was such perfect timing! I love when that happens!
Perfection!
Relaxing in the shade on the hub grass has become one of my favorite, and very new, traditions in MK. I've found that I absolutely love it there, I could probably spend hours!
Such a magical moment!
I couldn't believe how lucky we got with all the entertainment, it was a perfect afternoon!
Love your costumes!
Thank you!
I've never sat back there but think I would prefer it to the big main room.
This was our first time back there as well, it's definitely calmer than the main room, although I feel like the tables were a lot closer. This could totally be my imagination, but it looked like the main room was more spread out. I'm torn on which I like more, I love the calmness, but I also don't like sitting right next to a stranger (which I did this trip in the back room).

Day 3, Part 5: It’s Time to PARTY!!!

We wrapped up with dinner at Skippers Canteen right around 6. Perfect timing since the park was now “closed.”

We decided our first stop would be at the HM to see if we would be able to use the DAS we had booked earlier when the park was open to all. Since it was now after 6, and the park technically closed, we weren’t sure if the DAS would carry over.

When we got to HM the entrance area was pretty crowded for standby, but the LL area was empty (not surprising since the park was closed to day guests). We quickly found a CM near the LL entrance we could ask about our DAS. She admitted she didn’t know if it would work, but we were welcome to scan in and see if it would. Ok, awesome!

So mom went to scan in, and just before she does, this other CM runs over and yells “You’re cutting the line!!!!”

Um, what? I look around, there is no line. There is a group like 15 feet from us off to the side talking to a CM, but that’s it besides the standby line.

We must have looked confused because the CM who yelled at us pointed to the group talking to a CM off to the side (that was nowhere near the LL entrance) and said that they were the front of the line. :confused3

Ooooookkkkk, and during that time a few more groups had randomly lined up behind the group talking to the CM, so I guess a line was forming?

The original CM who had told us to try scanning in looked horrified and apologized profusely and said that she didn’t realize that was a line either since they were so out of the way and not, you know, in line.

Ok, no harm, honest mistake, and to be fair I still don’t think those people who “started” the line that were talking to the CM actually were in line, I think that CM was just being grumpy. We went to get behind the few groups behind them to wait, and we just stood there for like 5 minutes waiting for them to finish working out whatever they were with the CM before the line moved. :rolleyes:

Anyways, it was finally our turn to try to scan in for the DAS, and we were pleasantly surprised to see that it did still work!

HM was great as always, and we love starting the Halloween party there!

As we exited HM, it started to drizzle a little bit, and by the time we had gotten by the riverboat the skies opened up. Noooooo!!!!!

Ok, not the end of the world, just a little rain. Plus, I had the brilliant idea that since we were already wet, we might as well go ride Splash!

Shockingly, mom didn’t like that idea. I have no idea why, Splash is her favorite ride, and it’s not like she was worried we’d get wet, we were already soaked!

So instead we found an overhang of one of the snack carts to hang out under until the rain slowed down.

It didn’t take long for the rain to slow, and once it did I asked mom what she wanted to do, and now she suddenly wanted to ride Splash! :rotfl:

We made our way over to Splash, and when we got there we decided to ask about using DAS during the party since we weren’t clear how or if it would work. The CM at the entrance was great and explained to us that between 6 and 7 you could only get return times at the ride itself, not in the app, since the park was “closed” during that period, but after 7 it would go back to being able to book in the app.

Great information! So we requested a return time for Splash for later, and she just gave us this big smile and said “go ahead right now!”

Seriously, what an awesome gesture. The wait time at that point was posted at 30 minutes, although I suspect it was probably a bit less.

We ended up walking right onto Splash.

We were in the back row this time, whomp whomp, but at least we didn’t get much wetter! Crazy, but this is the first trip ever we haven’t been in the first row at least once!

Once off Splash we hit up the treat trail that was right there then made our way to Liberty Square to get some party photopass pictures!

We were amazed to see there was only two groups in line for the headless horseman and hitchhiking ghosts pictures, so of course hopped in line!

We then meandered our way over to Main Street to get some more party pictures.

We were pleasantly surprised that the lines for the pictures were pretty short, the crowds at the party were definitely feeling way less than they were in 2018 and 2019.

After our photoshoot, we wandering over to Adventureland to see if there was a treat trail there (spoiler alert, there wasn’t), but saw that Jafar had a super short line, so decided to hop in it.

Up next: Treats and Seats Dessert Party

Last edited:
We were pleasantly surprised that the lines for the pictures were pretty short, the crowds at the party were definitely feeling way less than they were in 2018 and 2019.
Was this a sold-out party?

I've heard that Disney is issuing less party tickets than in the past because guests were complaining about the park being more crowded during parties than it was on a normal day.

HM was great as always, and we love starting the Halloween party there!
No better way to start the party!
We made our way over to Splash, and when we got there we decided to ask about using DAS during the party since we weren’t clear how or if it would work. The CM at the entrance was great and explained to us that between 6 and 7 you could only get return times at the ride itself, not in the app, since the park was “closed” during that period, but after 7 it would go back to being able to book in the app.
So nice of the CM to let you on Splash right away!
We were amazed to see there was only two groups in line for the headless horseman and hitchhiking ghosts pictures, so of course hopped in line!
Love these photos!
I felt the same way at my party date earlier in August.

All caught up!

As someone who broke her ankle and had a fall on Halloween where it started hurting again and thought I did something to my knee (I’m fine now but I was not for a good week), I feel your pain.

I hope you are all (mom, you and cat) are feeling better!

In terms of DAS I also share your sentiments as my parents mainly use it, but I also was diagnosed with mild scoliosis. It sucks getting older and I hate looking young and going in alongside others. But I also know I’m the one that advocates for them so it’s ugh.

Was this a sold-out party?

I've heard that Disney is issuing less party tickets than in the past because guests were complaining about the park being more crowded during parties than it was on a normal day.
Yup, it was a sold out party. That would make sense, we had that exact complaint back in 2018/2019 that the parties were way more crowded than we ever saw during the day! I hope they keep the capacity limited for these events moving forward.

No better way to start the party!
It really is the perfect way tot start the night!
So nice of the CM to let you on Splash right away!
Yes! We were so shocked, love when CMs do these nice gestures!
Love these photos!
Thanks!
I felt the same way at my party date earlier in August.
It was so nice having the seemingly lower crowds this year. I hope they keep them low for next year as well!

All caught up!

As someone who broke her ankle and had a fall on Halloween where it started hurting again and thought I did something to my knee (I’m fine now but I was not for a good week), I feel your pain.
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that! Glad you're doing better. It is no fun dealing with an injury, and after the last few weeks I'm going to say especially a foot/ankle injury. I miss being able to walk! Only two more weeks thankfully!
I hope you are all (mom, you and cat) are feeling better!
Thank you! We are all doing much better.
In terms of DAS I also share your sentiments as my parents mainly use it, but I also was diagnosed with mild scoliosis. It sucks getting older and I hate looking young and going in alongside others. But I also know I’m the one that advocates for them so it’s ugh.
Yeah, it was an odd feeling, it really helped my mom so I'm glad we got it, but I felt like I was almost cheating being able to use it with her. I am so happy they have it though and my mom was able to use it.

Day 3, Part 6: Treats and Seats Dessert Party!

We last left off with us getting into line to meet with Jafar. Unfortunately even though the line was ridiculously short (like maybe 10-15 groups ahead of us) it didn’t move at all. After about 25 minutes in the line and it not moving even an inch we gave up. During that time waiting though I booked us a DAS for Pirates, and our return time was about to come up so we headed that way!

I was happy to finally see the Pirates overlay, we’ve never been able to do it before since the line has been too long for my mom without having FP+, so it was really nice being able to use DAS during the party so we could finally see that overlay!

And ugh, I just realized we never got our picture from the ride. Oh well, guess we’ll just have to go back and ride it again! :rotfl2:

After Pirates we decided it was a good time to go ride Buzz, so headed that way. I decided to cut through Tomorrowland Terrace, and I’m glad I did since I saw there was already a check-in going on for the dessert parties! It was only a few minutes before 8:30 at this point and the fireworks weren’t until 10:15! :oops:

So I went to check with the CM at the stand, but he was checking in for the hub viewing, but pointed us down towards the stitch statue where we could check in for the treats and seats viewing.

I was surprised to see that at 8:30 there was already a line for it! I knew to get there early to get a good spot, but I didn’t realize we’d have to get there 45 minutes ahead of the advertised check-in time (and almost 2 hours before the fireworks)! Yikes!

Good thing we had another party later in the week to make up for the time wasted waiting in that line (or so we thought).

We got into line right at 8:30, and within about 10 minutes decent line had formed behind us. Our original plan had been to arrive just before 9, but I’m glad we got there early to get a seat right up against the railing.

Around 8:45 a CM came through the line to check us in and hand out wrist bands. I was laughing at mom since she now had her Magic Band, the Stormalong bay wristband, the party wristband, and now the dessert party wristband all on one arm. It was beginning to look a bit ridiculous! (I wish I got a picture of it!) :rotfl:

After getting checked-in we had a bit more of a wait, until about 8:55, before they started to bring us to the tables.

We lucked out and got the most amazing CM to bring us in. While the other CMs seemed to be filling people in at the rails starting at the ends, our CM brought us to the table right in the center at the rails at the corner which is the furthest point out and closest to the castle. So we had, what I think was, the best seat in the house.

Daytime view of our seat, it was perfect! (Although at the party there are a lot more tables squished around this one!)

After settling in, I ran up to get some treats! I also grabbed a glass of red wine.

Once I got back, mom went up to get her food.

What a great place to watch Tink fly!

Everything was really good, but I do miss when they had some non-sweets as well besides cheese. I get it’s a dessert party, but I’m really not that big on sweets.

Mom went up a few times to get food, but I was done after the first round, I really can only eat so many sweet things in one day. I did run up to get various drinks, they had POG juice so had some of that, and then I tried two of the other wines. One was waaaaay too sweet for me so mom ended up drinking it for me.

Eventually it was time for the fireworks!

Now here I was an idiot. I had intended to do what I’ve done before and attach my gopro to the railing to get a video of the show while being able to keep my hands free and being able to watch and enjoy the show without worrying about the camera. So before I left the hotel room I made sure I had my gopro, my memory card (learned last year to check this!), and the mount I use to attach it to the railing.

Well, as I’m getting set up for the show, I take everything out and realize I didn’t bring the screw to connect the camera to the mount! Noooo!

Ok, not a big deal, I got a video of this show in 2019 from this location so really not a huge loss. But now I wanted to get at least some pictures or something from the show, but opted to use my phone camera now.

I only took like 4 pictures, I really wanted to spend most of the show just watching it and not taking pictures.

I know the view from the terrace isn’t the best, the fireworks aren’t straight on, and you pretty much can’t see the Jack Skellington puppet, but having a seat and a glass of wine totally makes up for those downsides to me. Also, my mom isn’t able to watch the fireworks from in front of the castle with the crowds, so we either watch them from a dessert party, or from Frontierland or behind the castle, and I think of those options the dessert party definitely wins out!

Next up: Impromptu Dance Party!

Last edited:
our CM brought us to the table right in the center at the rails at the corner which is the furthest point out and closest to the castle. So we had, what I think was, the best seat in the house.
That seat was worth the early entry. But I am surprised at how early you had to enter to get that table. I suppose that larger groups would be able to have one member save the table while the rest of the party enjoyed the park.
Everything was really good, but I do miss when they had some non-sweets as well besides cheese. I get it’s a dessert party, but I’m really not that big on sweets.
That is the turn off for me. I don't eat a lot of sweets and all that sugar is not very healthy. ;)
I only took like 4 pictures, I really wanted to spend most of the show just watching it and not taking pictures.
Those pictures give a good idea of what kind of view you had. :)

That seat was worth the early entry. But I am surprised at how early you had to enter to get that table. I suppose that larger groups would be able to have one member save the table while the rest of the party enjoyed the park.
I was shocked by how early the lined formed as well, guess everyone wants to try to get the best seat in the house!
That is the turn off for me. I don't eat a lot of sweets and all that sugar is not very healthy. ;)
Me too, I miss when they had more savory items. Fortunately my mom LOVES sweets, so she got to enjoy all of them!
Those pictures give a good idea of what kind of view you had. :)
Yeah, not the best view, but it is really nice to have a seat and a glass of wine and not worry about crowds.

Day 3, Part 7: Impromptu Dance Party!

After finishing up our treats at the end of the fireworks show, we made our way out of Tomorrowland Terrace, it was around 10:40 at this point.

We made our way slowly over to Frontierland where I wanted to get a good spot to watch the parade. With the weather looking iffy for our party later in the week, I wanted to make sure we saw both the parade and the headless horseman from a good spot this night.

When we got to Frontierland there were a handful of people sitting along the ropes, but for the most part there were very few people waiting for the parade and we had our choice of spots. We grabbed a wide open spot across from the Country Bears. I had the thought that if the Cadaver Dans came out to perform on the balcony while we waited for the parade, we would have an awesome view.

Well, the Cadaver Dans didn’t make an appearance, but something way better (to us at least) did….the Country Bears!

I had absolutely no idea that they came out and put on a bit of a show before the parade, but it was so awesome! They were hilarious!

They even grabbed people from the audience to participate, so I pushed mom in to take part!

It made the time before the parade pass super fast, and before long it was time for the headless horseman to ride!

I can’t believe it, but after all these years, this is the first time I’ve actually seen him ride! It was so cool to see.

Not long after the headless horseman came by the parade started!

I loved having front row spots, the performers in the parade were really hamming it up for my camera, it was just amazing to see and be a part of. I got a full video of the parade, you can watch it here:

Once the parade got past us, it was already 11:30, and we had only gone to one treat trail, so we headed across the way to the trick or treat station at Country Bears. We then headed towards the ones by Splash. Luckily at this time of night the CMs were dumping handful after handful of candy into the bag, especially at the Splash treat trail, the CM there gave me two massive handfuls of candy. It was awesome!

We next hustled over to Tomorrowland to hit up more treat trails, we managed to get to the Monsters Laugh floor one (which really has two inside, score!), before it hit midnight. Fortunately the CMs at the treat trails were very generous with the candy, so even though we only hit 5 treat trails the entire night, our bags were overflowing by the time we left!

It was just about midnight when we exited the last treat trail, and we were exhausted, so decided to go check out the bus situation.

I’m glad we did, for the first time ever there wasn’t a massive line for the YC/BC bus, AND a bus was pulling in when we got there! :cool1:

So we hopped on that bus, and soon were back in our room winding down with a glass of wine and of course some chocolate!

Day Three Stats:

Steps: 26,813

Miles: 12.14

Next up: Wait, is it Saturday?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!