Oh, has it Been Raining? No, this is Just Sweat. Sept/Oct 2022 Trip Report! (Updated 9/16!!)

VAtink

DIS Veteran
Welcome everyone to my latest and greatest (hopefully) trip report! Join me in reliving our trip down to Disney for the food and wine fest, and of course all the additional fun Disney has to offer!

This was another longer trip for us, ten days total. We keep booking these long trips in hopes the F&W events will come back, but so far no luck. Of course next year since we’re only going for a few days they’ll probably bring them back! ::yes::

Once again, this year we stayed at the Yacht Club, well for most of the trip. After making the original booking I decided I wanted to come down a day early since I have an easier time taking days off than my mom, so booked a night at the Dolphin. Of course, soon after I booked an extra night for myself, my mom decided she wanted to come down early as well, which was fine by me, it’s fun to have her around!

Speaking of my mom, let’s get introductions!

On this trip was my mom:

She is my favorite travel buddy. We have so much fun on these Disney trips, and other trips as well! She is a semi-retired teacher, so she can only go certain times of the year, which is why we usually go in September during holidays her school gets off.

Next up is me, Debbie!

(yes, I had way too much fun playing with the photopass lenses this trip!)

I was lucky enough to be introduced to Disney World at a very early age, and have been hooked ever since! (well, maybe after a few trips, I don’t think 2 year old me cared much if we returned :rotfl:)

Now based on the title of this TR you’d probably think this was a super hot hot hot trip, but actually it wasn’t! That’s not to say we didn’t sweat, while it wasn’t surface of the sun hot, the humidity in the day or two leading up to Ian was nuts. Like within minutes of stepping outside we were dripping with sweat, but never actually felt super overheated. This of course led to a fantastically awkward interaction with a CM in an elevator when he saw us literally dripping and asked if it had been raining, and we informed him that no, we’re just really sweaty. We all got awkwardly silent after that. :rotfl2:

Now let’s get into this report, hopefully this time around it won’t take a full year to finish!

TOC

September 23, 2022:

Day 1, Part 1: Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's Off to Disney We Go!
Day 1, Part 2: Food Booths Here We Come!
Day 1, Part 3: Finally Time for Some Rides!
Day 1, Part 4: An Evening at Disney Springs!

September 24, 2022
Day 2, Part 1: Finally Home!
Day 2, Part 2: Will We Get Mom on Slinky?
Day 2, Part 3: More of Our Epcot Morning!
Day 2, Part 4: Time to Drool Over Food Pictures!
Day 2, Part 5: Stack, Stack, Stack!
Day 2, Part 6: Whirlwind Hollywood Studios Evening!

September 25, 2022
Day 3, Part 1: Is Anything Open Today?
Day 3, Part 2: A Fantastic End to the Morning at MK!
Day 3, Part 3: A New Lunch Spot!
Day 3, Part 4: Dinner and a Show!
Day 3, Part 5: It's Time to PARTY!!!
Day 3, Part 6: Treats and Seats Dessert Party!
Day 3, Part 7: Impromptu Dance Party!

September 26, 2022
Day 4, Part 1: Wait, is it Saturday?
Day 4, Part 2: Oh, Has it Been Raining? No, This is Just Sweat.
Day 4, Part 3: Hold onto those Magicbands!
Day 4, Part 4: Savor the Savanna!
Day 4, Part 5: Second Dinner!

September 27, 2022
Day 5, Part 1: Four Parks in One Day, Part 1!
Day 5, Part 2: Four Parks in One Day, Part 2! (Lunch Time!)
Day 5, Part 3: Four Parks in One Day, Part 3! Parks 2 and 3!
Day 5, Part 4: Four Parks in One Day, Part 4! Park 4!

September 28, 2022
Day 6, Part 1: Hurricane Day 1 - Well This Isn't Too Bad...
Day 6, Part 2: Hurricane Day 1 - Pool Time!
Day 6, Par 3: Hurricane Day 1. Let's Go For a Walk! (Many Many Walks...)

September 29th, 2022
Day 7, Part 1: Hurricane Day 2
Day 7, Part 2: Hurricane Day 2 - What do you want to do? I dunno, drink?
Day 7, Part 3: Hurricane Day 2 - Wait, there was a Dog Show?

September 30th, 2022
Day 8, Part 1: What do you want to rope drop? I dunno, breakfast?
Day 8, Part 2: We Finally Ride Guardians!
Day 8, Part 3: Back to the Food Booths!
Day 8, Part 4: Quick Trip to Hollywood Studios!
Day 8, Part 5: Back to Epcot!

October 1st, 2022
Day 9, Part 1: Celebrating 40 with Epcot!
Day 9, Part 2: This is Why You're Not a Car Designer...
Day 9, Part 3: Rose and Crown Fireworks!
Day 9, Part 4: Private Epcot After Hours Event!

Last edited:
Hi Debbie! Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

I'm looking forward to hearing about this "special" September trip. :)

the humidity in the day or two leading up to Ian was nuts.

We were in WDW just before Hurricane Matthew and I remember how incredibly humid it was. We got out before the airport closed.

Popping over from your last TR. looking forward to reading about your new adventures and surviving a hurricane in WDW. I will be at the YC in May - I love the EPCOT area resorts.

Day 1 Part 1: Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It’s Off to Disney World We Go!

September 23rd, 2022

It was finally here, Disney day!!!!

Per usual, I hardly slept the night before, although this time was less excitement and more worry I wouldn’t wake up in time for my flight.

The flight was earlier than normal, so I had to get up a lot earlier than normal, so I was really worried I’d sleep through my alarm. I’ve actually done this before once while traveling and missed my train, so I totally do not trust myself anymore!

So the night beforehand I mentioned my concern to my friends, and two of them actually offered to call me to make sure I was up at 4:30! Yes, I have friends willing to call me at 4:30 AM. I am very very lucky. (Full disclosure they had to be up anyways for practice, so it’s not like they were waking up that early just for me!)

Thankfully I did wake up to my alarm (begrudgingly so) and answered both of my friends calls to let them know my alarm worked this morning!

Soon after waking up I called for an Uber to get to the airport. There were fortunately plenty of cars around even at that early hour, so I got one quickly and about 15 minutes later I was pulling into the airport! (living three miles from the airport has it’s advantages!)

The airport was pretty crowded this morning, more than I’m used to seeing during my morning flights, but they have increased the number of very early flights so I guess it makes sense. (Also, those new early flights are definitely a disadvantage of living three miles from the airport!)

There was a bit of a wait to get the bag tags, but it went fast, and once I dropped my bag off I made my way downstairs to try the new security for the first time!

I gotta say, I hate the new security. With the old system I never had a wait outside of traveling for Christmas, usually it was just a handful of people in the pre-check line. With the new location/system they have the line for pre-check was nuts. It took almost 30 minutes to get through! Good thing I got to the airport earlier than I normally do so I had the time, I just don’t like lines.

Once through security it was only about 20 minutes before my flight would begin boarding, so I grabbed a coffee and settled in for a short wait. Soon enough it was time to board!

I was finally using my flight credits from a cancelled flight two Aprils ago, which I had originally used for the FARTS trip last year that was cancelled, and now was finally being used! I splurged and got a first class seat, so was one of the first to board.

The flight took off on time, actually a bit early, and we ended up arriving like 30 minutes early at 8:43! Now, based on my theory from my last trip, when my flights are on time/early, it will be a very rainy trip, and so far this theory is proving to be very accurate! ::yes::

Once we landed I checked to see where my mom’s flight was and saw it was landing just after us, wahoo! We both made it there early!

There was a bit of a wait for my checked bag to come out, but thankfully since I flew first class it was a priority bag so was one of the first to come out.

Bag in hand I headed across the airport from B to A to where my moms baggage claim was. I found her quickly and we once again waited a little bit for her bag to come out.

Once we had her luggage, we made our way outside and called for an Uber. One came fairly quickly, and by 10:15 we were pulling into the Dolphin!

Next up: Food Booths Here We Come!

Last edited:
Popping over from your last TR. looking forward to reading about your new adventures and surviving a hurricane in WDW. I will be at the YC in May - I love the EPCOT area resorts.

:welcome:, thanks for following along! Aren't the Epcot area resorts great? It's so hard to stay anywhere else!

Reactions: DLo
Joining in. I was thinking about you during Ian, I knew you were down there!
I’m glad it wasn’t to bad.
Sounds like you are off to a good start!

Joining in. I was thinking about you during Ian, I knew you were down there!
I’m glad it wasn’t to bad.
Aw, thank you! It was definitely a new experience being there for a hurricane. Disney did a great job handling it, and while we got a ton of rain, the winds never got all that bad, so we never felt unsafe.
Sounds like you are off to a good start!
Thanks, yeah it was a great start to the trip! It always amazes me when my flight is actually on time! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter