Oh, has it Been Raining? No, this is Just Sweat. Sept/Oct 2022 Trip Report! (Updated 9/16!!)

Finally, after about a dozen trips downstairs it hit me, it's from Soarin'! It smelled exactly like the smell during the Taj Mahal scene. Something about that just totally made my day, it's like my office was prepping me for my upcoming trip!
I love that scent. I think it's jasmine. :)

Day 5, Part 3: Four Parks in One Day, Part 3, Park 2 and 3!

Tuesday, September 27th, 2022

We last left off pulling into the MK at 2:05! Time for the second park of the day!

We made it through security, but then stopped at the photopass photographer in front of the 50th topiary before heading into the park. After the picture mom asked if this picture would not count since it was outside of the park, and I confirmed that it would not count, we had to be in the park for the pictures to count. Smart mom!

We got another photopass picture on Main Street though, so got that task checked off.

By then it was time for our G+ for Jungle Cruise, so made our way over there. We had a great, really funny skipper, but the other guests in the boat didn’t seem to either get the jokes, or maybe not understand the ride? I dunno, but most people in the boat looked miserable! :confused3

Once off the ride it was time for task #3, snacks! Mom wanted cotton candy, and I wanted a Mickey bar, so we headed to a stand in the hub area to grab both. There was a really sweet older CM working the booth who had a fun conversation with my mom about generational differences…one being that I said we didn’t need a receipt and mom said we did. HA!

We took our goodies into the hub to my favorite shady grassy area and sat to enjoy.

I seriously love this spot. I could sit here all day.

As we were finishing up our snacks (well at least I was, mom decided to only eat a bit of the cotton candy and take the rest with her), I started to look for a Minnie Van.

I was able to get one almost immediately, with a pick up time in 10 minutes. Perfect!

So we packed up our stuff and made our way to the exit and over to the Minnie Van pickup area.

Within minutes our car was pulling up and we piled in! It was just before 3:00. We were making great time! Although, this also threw a wrench in my G+ plans. I had booked MMRR for 4:40 thinking we wouldn’t get to HS until 4, but now that we were going to be there much earlier I set to work trying to find another earlier G+ while we drove over in our Minnie Van.

Of course by this point all the top rides had return times after 6, so we decided to just book Star Tours since that had a return time of 3:15. Not ideal, but it fit the bill for the challenge so we’d take it.

We ended up pulling into HS at 3:20, and quickly made our way through security and into the park.

Our first stop once inside was for photopass pictures! We only stopped at one here, and I was a bit worried about that in case our pictures didn’t show up, but they did so we’re all good!

Since we were well into our G+ return time, we made our way over to Star Tours.

There was hardly a wait and soon we were riding!

After the ride it was time for our snack! Mom had settled on a pickle before we even left for the trip, so we headed over to Hollywood Blvd to get that. Of course I knew the general area the pickle would be, but not the exact location. And who knew there are like 5 different quick service areas down there! We stopped at each one and didn’t see the pickle listed on any of the menus, uh oh!

So we finally found a CM and asked, and she pointed us to where we could find one! We grabbed the pickle, and I got a margarita since I was so full already, but I figured we would share pickle so that would count as a snack…or I guess the margarita could too…there was quite a bit of salt on the rim… :rotfl2:

While eating, we discussed what we wanted to do next. Since it was so much earlier than we had expected we debated heading back to the room to rest a bit before heading to park #4 of the day. In the end though, we decided to just go to Epcot to finish up our challenge so then when we got back to the resort we could just relax the rest of the day. It was a good thing we made this decision too, because as we would learn soon, the food booths all closed super early to prep for the hurricane, so if we had come back later in the evening our plans to eat at them would have failed!

Next up: Four Parks in One Day, Part 4! Park 4!

Last edited:

I'm surprised at how quickly you got through the first three parks. I think I would have headed straight to Epcot, too, instead of taking a break first. :)

I love how seriously you both took the "rules" of the challenge. It sounds so fun! You made amazing time. I confess I was skeptical when you weren't heading to park #2 until after noon.

I love how seriously you both took the "rules" of the challenge. It sounds so fun! You made amazing time. I confess I was skeptical when you weren't heading to park #2 until after noon.
Haha, yup! No cheating on the challenge! We had so much fun, I really want to do it again but make it a bit harder. If they ever get rid of the stupid 2pm park hopping rule we will definitely do it again but make it a bit harder with # of rides at each park.

Hi

I am thoroughly enjoying your trip report. We were there during that same time frame too.

You have some great pictures; we also stop for the photopass photographers whenever we see them. It’s taken some time for me to convince my husband that pictures are fun and now he’ll even notice the photographers before I do.

We may have to try that 4 parks in 1 day challenge next trip - sounds fun.

Being able to enjoy Disney with your mom is priceless.

Can’t wait to read more

Noreen

Day 5, Part 4: Four Parks in One Day, Part 4, Park 4!

Tuesday, September 27th, 2022

Once we wrapped up with our food at HS we made our way out of the park and down to the boat dock. We just missed a boat, but that was fine, that meant we’d be first on the next one and could grab the outside seats in the back!

As we were waiting in line we overheard some of the guests behind us talking about how the parks would be closed the next two days due to the hurricane. I pulled up the app and the information still wasn’t there, so I hoped they were just spreading bad rumors.

The boat arrived in a little bit, maybe about 10 minutes, and soon we were boarding and making our way to Epcot!

Once on the boat, the captain came on and announced that sadly, yes, the parks would be closed the next two days! Noooo!!!! I mean, I expected maybe being closed a day, but two full days was surprising.

As we were making our way over on the boat, I get a phone call from a 407 number, so of course answer it since I knew it was likely someone from Disney.

I was correct, it was the Yacht Club calling to let me know that our cabana reservation for Friday (four days from then!) was going to be cancelled since they were going to close the pools through Friday.

Now this I will say seemed excessive, I get wanting to give guests notice, but making the call before the storm even hit to know the damage seemed extreme, especially since the pools were open all day on Friday and there was hardly any damage there. Although, to be fair, after two days stuck at the hotel, the last thing we wanted to do on Friday was spend another day at the hotel! :rotfl2: But I’m getting ahead of myself here!

Ok, so back to the boat. We decided to get off at the YC so we could run our purchases upstairs before heading to Epcot.

We ended up getting to Epcot just before 5:00, which was great timing since we would find out soon the food booths would close by 6:00! On the way into the park I booked us a DAS for Remy.

Our first stop when we entered was a photopass photographer to get our required picture!

We then headed over to Brazil to get our food. I was surprised to see that all the registers were already wrapped in plastic wrap at that point and they were taking orders/payment at the food pickup window instead.

Here we both got the cheese bread so we could finish our cheese crawl. We then took the bread over to Morocco which was the first empty table we could find (once again Epcot was super crowded this day). Since we were right next to Belgium, and I wanted to get food there, I left mom to hold the table while I ran up to get the food.

Here was a bit of a cluster. The CM at the entrance to the booth queue instructed those who were not getting drinks to go straight to the window to order food. So basically two lines, one for drinks and one for food. However the people who ordered drinks and then wanted to order food got all pissed because they thought we were cutting them. So this one group of I swear high school girls (but hopefully a bit older since they got drinks) pushed their way in front of me when I was trying to order and were making comments that I had “cut” them. (in reality they cut me, they should have gotten into the back of the food line once they had their drinks).

Now at that point we were at park #4 for the day and I was exhausted, and frankly didn’t want to waste energy arguing with them, so just let them go. But the guy behind me was LIVID and almost started a fight with the group behind those girls who looked like they would also try to cut. Yikes. Tensions were high that night!

Eventually I got my food, the beef dish, and was warned by the CM working the booth that they were just told they would be closing the food booths early that night at 7. (which was incorrect, they actually closed at 6).

Food in hand I made my way back to the table and we dug in.

The cheese bread was amazing! I don’t know how we haven’t gotten this before, but it is a must from now on!

The beef was good, but not my favorite dish this year.

Once we finished eating we decided to make our way to Germany to pick up another bottle of wine. Now that we knew we had two days stuck at the hotel we really needed to stock up! ::yes:: Here we learned of the bag shortage. Somehow Disney had run out of plastic bags. They did however have some of the 50th reusable ones left, so we got one of those to carry the wine.

At that point we were exhausted so decided to head to Remy to get our ride in since we were within our return time, then call it a night and head back to the YC and rest for the night.

On the way back to the hotel, I decided we should stop by the store at the YC to pick up some extra food for the next two days.

This ended up being a fantastic idea, but we’ll get to that later. We ended up buying some sandwiches, some fruit, some of that grapefruit beer I love, and some chocolate.

While checking out, this guy saw our stash, and sounding all concerned goes “Wait, should I be stocking up for the next few days?!?” HA!!!! In our opinion, yes, yes it was a good idea to stock up.

While checking out, we chatted with the CM about the next few days and she mentioned she was on the ride out crew and they were scheduled to be there through the day on Friday! I did thank her for being there for us, and I thought she was going to cry when I said that! She said it was nice that what they did was being appreciated, and ugh, that got me. These CMs are amazing, I wish everyone would recognize that, I just wanted to hug this girl!

Once we had all our goodies, we made our way upstairs to finally get our rest! The sunset from the room was beautiful that night…guess it was the calm before the storm!

We ended up watching Disney+ for a while before crashing for the night. Btw, I LOVE the new tv system they have, being able to sign onto any of my streaming services from the room without having to bring my chromecast with me is awesome!

Stats for Day 5:

Steps: 26,224

Miles: 12.31

Next up: Hurricane Day 1: Well this isn’t too bad…

Last edited:
Hi

I am thoroughly enjoying your trip report. We were there during that same time frame too.
Thank you! That's awesome you were there the same time as us! Whenever I see a trip report by someone who was there the same time as us I always look to see if I can spot us in the background of any of their pictures. :rotfl2:
You have some great pictures; we also stop for the photopass photographers whenever we see them. It’s taken some time for me to convince my husband that pictures are fun and now he’ll even notice the photographers before I do.
Thank you! Photopass is so great, we love getting as many as possible! And nice job convincing your husband, photopass spotting is a good skill to have!
We may have to try that 4 parks in 1 day challenge next trip - sounds fun.
It was so much fun! I definitely recommend it, although I really wish they would move the park hopping to be earlier than 2, it would make it much easier to do more rides!
Being able to enjoy Disney with your mom is priceless.
It really is, I am so lucky to be able to do these trips with her. Such amazing memories!
Can’t wait to read more

Noreen
Thanks! I may get another update out before leaving for Disney, we'll see how the packing goes tomorrow!

It looks like the CM's made a bad decision when they broke the order process into two separate lines. I'm not sure if CM's are allowed to override management decisions but this would have been a good time to do it.

We've had two great Disney trips when a hurricane prediction didn't happen and we had empty parks and pools to enjoy. :)

Last edited:
Stocking up for a hurricane is a great idea! We were there during Nicole and went to Epcot the day the parks closed early. We loaded up on food from Epcot and went to the parks the next day in the evening. On the bus ride to DHS I heard people saying how awful the food court was the night before and that day with one hour waits for food. I'm so thankful we stocked up!

Thank you! That's awesome you were there the same time as us! Whenever I see a trip report by someone who was there the same time as us I always look to see if I can spot us in the background of any of their pictures. :rotfl2:

I do the same thing! I have been in none that you shared even though we were in some same parks on the same days as you on this trip. Day before hurricane - we started in AK and ended in Epcot! Just like you! Although we did not go to any other parks in between those 2.

It looks like the CM's made a bad decision when they broke the order process into two separate lines. I'm not sure if SM's are allowed to override management decisions but this would have been a good time to do it.
Yeah, I'm sure they did it because the registers were closed by that point so you had to pay separately at the bar and the food pickup window, but it did turn into a complete mess.
We've had two great Disney trips when a hurricane prediction didn't happen and we had empty parks and pools to enjoy. :)
Nice! I wish the hurricane prediction didn't happen for us! Oh well, it was certainly an experience!

Stocking up for a hurricane is a great idea! We were there during Nicole and went to Epcot the day the parks closed early. We loaded up on food from Epcot and went to the parks the next day in the evening. On the bus ride to DHS I heard people saying how awful the food court was the night before and that day with one hour waits for food. I'm so thankful we stocked up!
Yeah, we were so glad we stocked up. The line to get dinner was crazy, we were so happy we didn't have to wait in it!

I do the same thing! I have been in none that you shared even though we were in some same parks on the same days as you on this trip. Day before hurricane - we started in AK and ended in Epcot! Just like you! Although we did not go to any other parks in between those 2.
Haha, I still haven't found us in anyone else's pictures either, but I feel like one of these days I will!

Just popping in quickly to say....See ya after FARTs!!!! :cool1:

Yup, the trip is finally here (well almost, in like 12 hours). I am a mix of excitement and nervousness right now. I'm not really sure why I'm nervous, but I am. I'm guessing it has to do with my flight, but who knows, it may also be leaving my older pets at home. My dog is in good hands, and my neighbor will swing by to check on the cat, but it is hard leaving them now that they're both getting up there in age. At least this is a super short trip!

It also occurred to me that this year I'll be doing all the festivals except for Flower and Garden, so now I kind of want to book a quick trip so I do all four festivals this year. Something to consider....we'll see....

I really can't believe this trip is here, hopefully tomorrow at this time I'll be enjoying some food and art in Epcot!

See you all in a few days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter