Oh Great.. Yavn's got an update to the recent announcement about the future of VMK.

I'm sorry I was kind of happy about being evil I forgot............... Disney told yavn to revise the newsletter? Muahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! That's right Yavn Dance Like The Pupet You Are!!!!! :stir:

Stop Looking At Me Funny!!!

I was wondering if anyone had an idea of the last guest # created in VMK? I read somewhere that VMK could have maxed out their amount of users which could have been 500000?

Now I'm confused! I know, doesn't take much. But do you guys think this decision is coming from the Big Whigs, or the folks at VMK. Because if they intervened on our side... that would be shweeeet:woohoo:

I was wondering if anyone had an idea of the last guest # created in VMK? I read somewhere that VMK could have maxed out their amount of users which could have been 500000?

So possibly reaching that number was their goal and shut down number?

I guess VMK was only created as their test project..

I suddenly feel sick to my stomach. We were being used as lab rats!!!! our real friendships our community all an experiment to them!!!! Start sending letters people 2 fold!!!! And get CNN involved and Fox and the Military And Army and my Grandmother!!!!

I suddenly feel sick to my stomach. We were being used as lab rats!!!! our real friendships our community all an experiment to them!!!! Start sending letters people 2 fold!!!! And get CNN involved and Fox and the Military And Army and my Grandmother!!!!
I know you're just joking, but I doubt the whole "VMK reached it's limit" theory. How would somebody know this? I think somebody just made this up to :stir:.

I know the website communicates to us under yavn speaks, but I hope you could tone down the rhetoric a notch on attacking yavn.

I dont believe for a minute it's the original yavn, but still. Lets be respectful of people. You can go after the message without hurting the messenger :thumbsup2

I know the website communicates to us under yavn speaks, but I hope you could tone down the rhetoric a notch on attacking yavn.

I dont believe for a minute it's the original yavn, but still. Lets be respectful of people. You can go after the message without hurting the messenger :thumbsup2

Just venting and p.s want some cookies my grandmother just baked?

It has been said in this thread a lot, and I am just going to swing the hammer and drive the nail a little more into the wood.

They tell us VMK was a promotion for the 50th anniversary of Disneyland...well that was in 2005. They were still going strong with VMK in 2006 with the ebay rewards, still going strong in 2007 with the movie rewards. The 50th celebration ended in 2005, why not the "promotion?"
I admit, I buy the Disney movies...I am a huge fan of Disney animation, and will by anything with Disney animation. I never bought any live action movies (without animation) or any sequels, until the VMK movie rewards. I broke my own rules and bought :scared1: HSM, Cheetah Girls, etc. there is no animation in them, there is little Disney Magic in them, but I bought them anyway. I wanted that five star inferno.
If they see VMK as a promotional tool, then use it that way. Disney has it all, theme parks, movies, radio, retail, cruises, etc. Start promoting all that through VMK, they had no problem promoting failed straight to DVD movies, (twitches quest anybody?) so why not use it to promote the really great things about Disney.

(Cteddiesgirl, I too have long awaited the release of Song of the South. I even bought the VHS British version, when I was visiting family in Holland, just so my VHS collection would be complete. Unfortunately, it will never come out in the US. At the time it was released, social feelings were different. Disney now looks at that movie as a blemish to their good name. Rightfully so, but it is still a part of American history, no matter how shameful it was. Are we supposed to be like the Germans, some of whom still believe WW2 was not real and just American propaganda? I hope not.)

Many dedicated players spent hours to finish that Quest a couple weeks ago to get a coveted magic. Now Disney's basically slapping those people in the face. Yeah, it's a virtual game, but I lot of people spent a lot of time and really connected with this game. We've been promised some amazing things and are getting new things, and then just getting them taken away.

TCG = No more
Flying Carpet Magic = No more (as of now)
And other things. VMK gives us a great time, a home-away-from-home for some. It's an alternative for people who can't get to the parks. For some, it's the closest they will get to going to a Disney Park.
Walt said 'Keep Moving Forward' but that doesn't mean ditch something to do something else. We're supposed to improve the existing things, not just throw it in the trash.

lol Tech - don't most of us realize by now that our entire Beta period was just a big "load test"? Lab rats r us:rotfl2:

Keep up the good work :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter