Oh, A Drunk Little Cucumber!! - F&W Fun with Bro and Sis Nov. 11*UPDATE 6/17* Pg.32

The more I hear about how filling that Peanut Butter Cupcake is... the less I feel like eating it. :rotfl: I know I would just feel gross afterwords. I think I'm just going to stick with my heavenly red velvet. :love: It makes me happy.

Okay, I'm a little jealous. Because I got the iPhone 4... and the camera is NOT that good. Like... don't get me wrong, it is good. But DANG that's fantastic.

Also, is that with or without flash? Because when I put my flash on, it looks smokey. :confused3 I don't know how to fix that.

Where is that Salmon Dish? Columbia Harbor House? It looks REALLY good! We went there in August and I ended up getting like chicken nuggets and some type of fried fish. Eh, I'm just not a huge fan of fried stuff. So a Salmon would be a PERFECT substitute since that is my favorite and it's like.. decently healthy! :goodvibes

AHHH DEER FACE!!!! YESSS!! :laughing: :thumbsup2

LOL ahh going back to the room and trying to write about the trip. It always seems like a fail, doesn't it? :rotfl: I always end up doing it at meals and on bus rides because I just have no energy at night!

The more I hear about how filling that Peanut Butter Cupcake is... the less I feel like eating it. :rotfl: I know I would just feel gross afterwords. I think I'm just going to stick with my heavenly red velvet. :love: It makes me happy.

Okay, I'm a little jealous. Because I got the iPhone 4... and the camera is NOT that good. Like... don't get me wrong, it is good. But DANG that's fantastic.

Also, is that with or without flash? Because when I put my flash on, it looks smokey. :confused3 I don't know how to fix that.

Where is that Salmon Dish? Columbia Harbor House? It looks REALLY good! We went there in August and I ended up getting like chicken nuggets and some type of fried fish. Eh, I'm just not a huge fan of fried stuff. So a Salmon would be a PERFECT substitute since that is my favorite and it's like.. decently healthy! :goodvibes

AHHH DEER FACE!!!! YESSS!! :laughing: :thumbsup2

LOL ahh going back to the room and trying to write about the trip. It always seems like a fail, doesn't it? :rotfl: I always end up doing it at meals and on bus rides because I just have no energy at night!

It definitely is a super filling cupcake. I probably won't be getting it again by myself, that's for sure. It was a little much. So yummy, but so bad.

Most of my pictures are without the flash. I found out that what creates the problems with the flash on the iPhones is that it bounces off of any case you may have on the phone, so I used no flash through the trip, except for a few rare instances.

The salmon was at CHH and it was really good. I recommend it.

I have another deer face during the trip too. Not an intentional one either. :laughing:

I force myself to write at night, because otherwise I won't. Plus, I don't use a traditional notebook anymore, I use my iPad and wireless keyboard. Not lugging that sucker around.

All caught up!

I say "a salute to all nations, but mostly America" WHENEVER possible! I love Sam the Eagle! Have you seen all the Muppet movies yet, like the Great Muppet Caper and Muppets Take Manhattan? LOVE those movies! My hubby and I actually watched them last week, in preparation to watch the new movie, but we're waiting to see if they'll show that movie on our cruise in two weeks.

Your iPhone takes SPECTACULAR photos! :eek: I'm amazed at how good they are! Sigh, sounds like I need to upgrade my 4 pronto! Also, which app is it were you can talk and it will text for you? And what is Siri?

Ack, I love Starring Rolls! Although I am not a huge Butterfinger fan in general, so I tend to love the Red Velvet or the White Chocolate one. There are always so many choices. Soooo good, and so yummy for days!

And what in the world with the that ice cream sandwich? Were they trying to clear out all the ice cream left for the night onto one plate? That is ginormous.

Love the pics with your IPhone. I am not due for an upgrade for a few more months and think I will be making the switch to the Iphone. I do love my phone now though and with the Google phones, I've always loved the talk to text features and other things, so the Siri thing isn't too new for me in a way.

Bummer on the lame skipper. Seriously? That's what makes the whole ride!

I'm sorry I've been MIA - things have been crazy and more lay-offs are looming at work which means more people running around like headless chickens. I have gotten behind on all the TRs I'm subbed to!!

I'm glad to hear that you could sleep on the pirate bed. And I recognize that salmon platter! It looks delicious! I would eat that right now!

I really enjoyed being solo - I didn't really feel like anyone treated me different and everyone seemed to be willing to talk to me once they realized I was all alone. There were lots of chats - except for the Germans. I think they were almost offended I could understand and talk to them; of course, I usually caught them saying not-so-nice things. The only friendly Germans I ran into were my last day at MK - there were two Germans behind me at the bakery, and a CM asked where they were from. When they said Germany, I said in German "how wonderful!; I miss Germany!" and they were immediately very friendly and open. That was very nice after all the other Germans I encountered.

I can't believe that lady at MK - what was she thinking? Clearly, you were in line. *sigh* People.

All caught up!

I say "a salute to all nations, but mostly America" WHENEVER possible! I love Sam the Eagle! Have you seen all the Muppet movies yet, like the Great Muppet Caper and Muppets Take Manhattan? LOVE those movies! My hubby and I actually watched them last week, in preparation to watch the new movie, but we're waiting to see if they'll show that movie on our cruise in two weeks.

Your iPhone takes SPECTACULAR photos! :eek: I'm amazed at how good they are! Sigh, sounds like I need to upgrade my 4 pronto! Also, which app is it were you can talk and it will text for you? And what is Siri?

I've seen all of the Muppet movies! My personal favorite is Muppet Treasure Island. When I was younger, I used to watch the Muppets Take Manhattan religiously. I loved the new movie. Any Muppet fan will love it I think. :goodvibes

I was amazed at the quality of the photos on the phone too!

Siri comes with the phone and is the thing that you talk to that does stuff for you, like give you directions, find restaurants, read text messages, etc. It's pretty cool.

Ack, I love Starring Rolls! Although I am not a huge Butterfinger fan in general, so I tend to love the Red Velvet or the White Chocolate one. There are always so many choices. Soooo good, and so yummy for days!

And what in the world with the that ice cream sandwich? Were they trying to clear out all the ice cream left for the night onto one plate? That is ginormous.

Love the pics with your IPhone. I am not due for an upgrade for a few more months and think I will be making the switch to the Iphone. I do love my phone now though and with the Google phones, I've always loved the talk to text features and other things, so the Siri thing isn't too new for me in a way.

Bummer on the lame skipper. Seriously? That's what makes the whole ride!

There are so many good choices at Starring Rolls. :goodvibes

It did seem like they were trying to clear out all of the ice cream from the bakery by adding it onto the sandwich. :laughing:

I haven't had any smart phone other than my iPhones. I love it because it's easy to use, but that may also be because I am used to it. :laughing:

I'm sorry I've been MIA - things have been crazy and more lay-offs are looming at work which means more people running around like headless chickens. I have gotten behind on all the TRs I'm subbed to!!

I'm glad to hear that you could sleep on the pirate bed. And I recognize that salmon platter! It looks delicious! I would eat that right now!

I really enjoyed being solo - I didn't really feel like anyone treated me different and everyone seemed to be willing to talk to me once they realized I was all alone. There were lots of chats - except for the Germans. I think they were almost offended I could understand and talk to them; of course, I usually caught them saying not-so-nice things. The only friendly Germans I ran into were my last day at MK - there were two Germans behind me at the bakery, and a CM asked where they were from. When they said Germany, I said in German "how wonderful!; I miss Germany!" and they were immediately very friendly and open. That was very nice after all the other Germans I encountered.

I can't believe that lady at MK - what was she thinking? Clearly, you were in line. *sigh* People.

Don't worry about being MIA. I've been a little behind on some of my TR's too. I'm sorry about the layoffs at your work. Those are always the worst.

That's so strange about the Germans that you would meet around the world. That's bizarre. My mom is from Belgium, and if we met someone from there, they would probably freak out! :laughing:

People are crazy. I have no other explanation. :lmao:

I hope that they bring the lights version of the blanket out for your too! I love that blanket.

I was literally biting my nails waiting for that cupcake. I wanted it so badly, I was mentally sending that guy thoughts so that he wouldn't buy it. lol

I don't think the Muppets are out of style at all. I just don't get people. Why wouldn't you love something that's so harmless and fun. My personal favorite is Muppet Treasure Island. I mean come on. To me it doesn't get any better than that. "Billy Bones!"

Sadly, that little baby did not come home with me. :eek:

Crossing my fingers! We have like two weeks until we're down there so there's still time to put one out.

Muppet Treasure Island is pretty good too, but I love the penguin skating party and all the rats working for Scrooge in Christmas Carol. Plus - the music doesn't get overplayed on the radio so I get to play it all the time at home!

So I was on my way back to Caribbean Beach hoping to get some rest on the notorious half a mattress. Yes ladies and gentlemen, it has gained notoriety. I decided to hop off the bus at Old Port Royale. First because I wanted to get my mug and fill it, and second because I wanted to see how long the walk was back from there to Trinidad South.

Yay for it not being too bad! I really want a firm mattress right now, ours gets all wonky and half stiff, half soft with the cold nights. Booooo.

The iPhone really gets great pictures! I can't wait to upgrade but I have an irrational fear that I would lose all of my game files. I've put considerable time and effort into those!

Boo on unfun skippers. Isn't that one of the most fun jobs in the park? You get to make the back side of water joke!

Crossing my fingers! We have like two weeks until we're down there so there's still time to put one out.

Muppet Treasure Island is pretty good too, but I love the penguin skating party and all the rats working for Scrooge in Christmas Carol. Plus - the music doesn't get overplayed on the radio so I get to play it all the time at home!

Yay for it not being too bad! I really want a firm mattress right now, ours gets all wonky and half stiff, half soft with the cold nights. Booooo.

The iPhone really gets great pictures! I can't wait to upgrade but I have an irrational fear that I would lose all of my game files. I've put considerable time and effort into those!

Boo on unfun skippers. Isn't that one of the most fun jobs in the park? You get to make the back side of water joke!

Haha, that's so funny that you have that irrational fear of losing all of those game files.

I would LOVE to be a skipper on the JC. I just don't understand why someone wouldn't want to have so much fun having that job.

The salmon is from CHH. It was so yummy and a great option if you get tired of eating what feels like the same thing over and over again.
I am totally having this in December. So glad you posted it or I would never have known to look for it! :goodvibes

Wow, I am sooooo far behind on your PTR! But I'll get caught up! :thumbsup2

And there's also your recent TR I need to read, too! :laughing:

I am beyond jealous of you guys staying at the Poly! How cool is that?!

I'm really glad you girls are getting to take a trip together. Y'all are gonna have a wonderful New Year's!!

Hi guys! Just to let you know I'm hoping to have an update on both my TRs and my PTR tonight. Been very busy lately and it's just been difficult for me to stay on top of things. That will be rectified soon!

I am totally having this in December. So glad you posted it or I would never have known to look for it! :goodvibes

I'm glad! It's really worth getting at CHH. I can't recommend it enough.

YAYY! Glad to hear the Pirate bed was a success!
Love the MK evening, looks like a great time!

I was glad too! I was very worried about the whole thing.

We had a great time that night. So laid back and low key.

Wow, I am sooooo far behind on your PTR! But I'll get caught up! :thumbsup2

And there's also your recent TR I need to read, too! :laughing:

I am beyond jealous of you guys staying at the Poly! How cool is that?!

I'm really glad you girls are getting to take a trip together. Y'all are gonna have a wonderful New Year's!!

No worries, just get caught up when you can. It's hard sometimes to stay on top of everything.

I'm super excited about staying at the Poly again. I haven't stayed there for about 6 years I think. It's our "every once in a while" resort, because it's costly even for DVC points.

I'm here. A little late. But here I am hehe

:welcome:

I'm glad you came over. I'm hoping to get an update soon.

On to day 2!!!!

I woke up at about 7:30am and was out the door around 8:10am. Not bad. One nice thing about being alone, right?

I took the car over to Old Port Royale for breakfast. I hadn't decided yet if I was going to drive over to the Animal Kingdom, but even if I took a bus, I could keep my car there until I got back. Inside Old Port Royale, it was pretty busy. I decided to get a western omelet with potatoes and chocolate milk.

5cce1a0a.jpg

The omelet was very yummy. Another thing I noticed while eating is that like getting ready in the morning, it's really nice being alone! I just got to eat at my pace and I don't have to worry about them. Very nice! :thumbsup2

I finished at 8:30am and was on my way. I decided during breakfast that I was going to leave my car at Old Port Royale and take the bus instead. One actually came quickly. I only waited about 5 minutes. I texted Megan and she said she was on her way shortly too.

I pulled into the bus area and texted Megan again that I had gotten there. She was just parking her car and heading towards the entrance. Good timing.

5c5d63c2.jpg

Can never have too many pictures of this!

a4559430.jpg

We knew where we were heading.

cc74fd58.jpg

To visit and old friend.

ca32839b.jpg

debc17b1.jpg

Our train arrived.

c113b5bf.jpg

And we were on our way.

72ec6117.jpg

Mr. Yeti was not working properly still. I really hope that they get that fixed soon. I mean, it's not horrible, but still....

Redneck ride photo alert!

206c4a9a.jpg

Thankfully we made it out alive. Only to head over to Dinosaur.

268191bf.jpg

Look at those chompas!

34ca5fba.jpg

The wait was only 5 minutes, which you know is the norm.

Got a good picture though.

b447e9e5.jpg

I can guarantee you that many people probably thought I had 'done lost my mind. But I like it that way.

After Dinosaur, we headed over to the Safari.

c10c3898.jpg

We were hoping to see the new baby elephant that was now on the safari. Sadly, it was not in the cards for us. I thought that the safari was a little disappointing this time, but that's only because we can't control the animals. There weren't as many of the "hard to find" animals out this time. Oh well.

03699af0.jpg

2e81604b.jpg

Up next: In the jungle, the quiet jungle.....

Now I'm dreaming of a solo trip... I could leave the room when I want, eat at my pace... wow. Sounds kinda nice! Hahaah
Love the AK morning so far. Too bad about yeti and the lackluster safari though.

hahahahaha that guy in your Dinosaur pic, in the back row, is just CRACKING me UP! He just looks like "oh, a dinosaur. I'm really just doing this for my kid, dinosaur."

Now that I'm looking at it again, it seems everyone in your car on Dinosaur is pretty apathetic! The whole second row looks generally interested but not overly enthused. They could be on the safari. hahaha Nice pic!

:lmao:

Now I'm dreaming of a solo trip... I could leave the room when I want, eat at my pace... wow. Sounds kinda nice! Hahaah
Love the AK morning so far. Too bad about yeti and the lackluster safari though.

I really liked the split of it. Being alone for some parts, being with someone for others. It was a good balance of the two. I recommend it to anyone.

hahahahaha that guy in your Dinosaur pic, in the back row, is just CRACKING me UP! He just looks like "oh, a dinosaur. I'm really just doing this for my kid, dinosaur."

Now that I'm looking at it again, it seems everyone in your car on Dinosaur is pretty apathetic! The whole second row looks generally interested but not overly enthused. They could be on the safari. hahaha Nice pic!

:lmao:

Hahaha, Dinosaur is so hit or miss, isn't it? Either way, your picture ends up hilarious, because either people are genuinely going to pee themselves, or they're so nonchalant about it they could just care less.

Wow! Out of the room by 810! That is v impressive.
Doing a solo trip...or semi solo...is def on my list of things to do :thumbsup2

That is a great photo on Everest! Such great facial expressions. too funny!

Ah I love the Dinosaur ride photos...everyone is always hilarious in different ways.

Yeah the safari can definitely be a gamble. Those animals have a mind of their own. last time we got held up for about 20 mins because a rhino just stood in front of us and refused to move. They tried to move him on with that special Disney van that comes out of the bushes but the rhino was having none of that. He stood his ground and refused to budge. It was pretty amazing:rotfl:

i'm going in May for my 1st Solo trip and I can't wait!!! No one to tell when to leave, what to eat and I can drink as much as i want without the drink police saying "Another cold one?!"

As for the PP--I'm with you on that one..some people are just too stupid to live. She's probably one of "those"" people who also say why is it so crowded and I would never stay at a value resort too.

Wow! Out of the room by 810! That is v impressive.
Doing a solo trip...or semi solo...is def on my list of things to do :thumbsup2

That is a great photo on Everest! Such great facial expressions. too funny!

Ah I love the Dinosaur ride photos...everyone is always hilarious in different ways.

Yeah the safari can definitely be a gamble. Those animals have a mind of their own. last time we got held up for about 20 mins because a rhino just stood in front of us and refused to move. They tried to move him on with that special Disney van that comes out of the bushes but the rhino was having none of that. He stood his ground and refused to budge. It was pretty amazing:rotfl:

Thanks! I always make really crazy faces on rides. It's always a wonder which one I'll do next.

I had that happen on the safari once before too! The rhino would not get out of the way. It was an awesome experience.

i'm going in May for my 1st Solo trip and I can't wait!!! No one to tell when to leave, what to eat and I can drink as much as i want without the drink police saying "Another cold one?!"

As for the PP--I'm with you on that one..some people are just too stupid to live. She's probably one of "those"" people who also say why is it so crowded and I would never stay at a value resort too.

Yay on a solo trip! I want to do a real solo trip soon.

Too true about the lady I encountered. Likely just one of those people that really isn't happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter