Oh, A Drunk Little Cucumber!! - F&W Fun with Bro and Sis Nov. 11*UPDATE 6/17* Pg.32

Woohoo The Muppets. I cannot wait for the movie. Did you hear that Disney was a bit reluctant to let Jason Segal star in it after doing full frontal in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Btw, i've seen that hat at Spencers but I'm more of a Kermit girl. :goodvibes

Also, that mattress is a poor excuse for a Moderate. I stay in Values all the time and they're not that thin.

I love the half a mattress!!!!!!!! I could use one of those cupcakes right now, too bad I'm in OH till Sat lol.

That pirate room looks pretty cool, but I'm interested to hear how that half a mattress worked out for you! :eek: Pretty good TSM scores! That is surprising that it was only a 40 minute standby at that time!

How it worked out will be revealed in my next update.

I was totally shocked at the 40 minute wait time too! It was never like that again though, sadly.

Woohoo The Muppets. I cannot wait for the movie. Did you hear that Disney was a bit reluctant to let Jason Segal star in it after doing full frontal in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Btw, i've seen that hat at Spencers but I'm more of a Kermit girl. :goodvibes

Also, that mattress is a poor excuse for a Moderate. I stay in Values all the time and they're not that thin.

I hadn't heard that they were reluctant. Jason Segal actually wrote it too. He's a HUGE Muppet fan apparently.

The mattress is only in the Pirate rooms, because apparently the bed is designed differently and can't hold a normal mattress.

I love the half a mattress!!!!!!!! I could use one of those cupcakes right now, too bad I'm in OH till Sat lol.

I could use one of those cupcakes right now too!

Love you Animal Hat photo op! How much do I love it?

189431_908171315318_7718811_47623547_8061694_n.jpg

Why, my BFF and I got the same shot :lmao:

I too am soooo excited for the Muppet Movie. I have to contain myself though until December 4 when I get to Disney because I promised Matt we would see it together. I'd love to try the Downtown Disney movie theater with the restaurant inside. Seems like the perfect movie!

I'll be sure to pass on your upcoming review on the Pirates room to a certain CM who knows who to tell to maybe see some positive changes in the rooms...

Yay at arriving at Caribbean Beach!! :cool1:

Love the pics of the pirate room but eek at the size of that matress...doesn't look comfy at all! :eek:

Love Muppets and am soo looking forward to the new movie. :rotfl: at the hat commentary - totally looks good on you! I'm not sure if I could pull off that look though.

Mmm that butterfinger cupcake...looks soo good and I would have been sending mental messages to the guy in front as well!

Love you Animal Hat photo op! How much do I love it?

189431_908171315318_7718811_47623547_8061694_n.jpg

Why, my BFF and I got the same shot :lmao:

I too am soooo excited for the Muppet Movie. I have to contain myself though until December 4 when I get to Disney because I promised Matt we would see it together. I'd love to try the Downtown Disney movie theater with the restaurant inside. Seems like the perfect movie!

I'll be sure to pass on your upcoming review on the Pirates room to a certain CM who knows who to tell to maybe see some positive changes in the rooms...

I love that picture! Those hats are so much fun. I almost bought one, but I resisted. However, if it's cold over my New Years trip, I may have to get one.

Oh no, you have to wait to see it?! I don't know if I could. :lmao:

Yay at arriving at Caribbean Beach!! :cool1:

Love the pics of the pirate room but eek at the size of that matress...doesn't look comfy at all! :eek:

Love Muppets and am soo looking forward to the new movie. :rotfl: at the hat commentary - totally looks good on you! I'm not sure if I could pull off that look though.

Mmm that butterfinger cupcake...looks soo good and I would have been sending mental messages to the guy in front as well!

Yeah, it was like half a mattress. It became a running joke for Megan and I. "Oh, you're going to sleep on your half a mattress". I took the picture as ammo in case I had to go to the front desk.

I loved the hat. I really may need to get one...

Clearly, my mental messages worked, because he didn't buy my cupcake. I think he was scared...

woo hoo i love your trip reports.
I'm in....popcorn::

KIM

Hi Kim! Thanks for joining this one. ;)

I'm so excited to finally watch Stacy for the first time ever next year!!!

Haha, I love the picture with the Animal hat because there's the other Animal looking down at you from the shelf!

I'm so excited to finally watch Stacy for the first time ever next year!!!

Haha, I love the picture with the Animal hat because there's the other Animal looking down at you from the shelf!

You'll like Stacy! She's on all the time for me for background noise. :laughing:

I did not notice Animal looking down at me. That's awesome. :lmao:

Oh my, that is a very thin mattress. I'm definitely wondering how it slept - if you go through all the expense of building rooms like that and no one wants to stay there because they can't sleep, that probably isn't the best use of your money, Disney... just saying. ;)

Nice to see a fellow bed-bug checker. I never did it until I met DBF, and now I'll always do it at every hotel I go to, no matter where.

But going back to the room - that pirate room is actually pretty cool, if you ignore the mattress (still waiting to see how it slept, though...). The barrel, and the chest, and the bed are very neat!! What a fun place to stay!

I'm so jealous you're heading back next month - I'm still fighting myself over when my solo trip and when DBFs and my "long trip" will be. I told him he had until the first week of December to decide if he wanted to go in April, otherwise we were going in September (of course, I still haven't completely gotten November out of my head, but my AP expires in October, so I'm money-conscious right now). We'll see what happens!

The pirate rooms look really cool!! But I mean if the bed is bad.... ew. What a let down. They need to fix that ASAP! I'm sorry they didn't just fulfill your request. Like... what's up with that?! :confused3 Check in can be so stressful.
I LOVE THE MUPPETS HAT! It's so you, dahhh-ling. :laughing:
That cupcake looks DELICIOUS! Yum I want a red velvet one SO BAD. Only... 30 DAYS!!!!! :banana:
Sounds like you had a nice morning! Can't wait to hear more!

LOL on the bed bug check! I do that with every hotel I stay at. :P

I love the Animal hat! Did you get it? Ok, I will admit I want one. I am also crazy craving a Butterfinger Cupcake right now. I can't believe I didn't try one when I was out there. :sad2:

Looking forward to reading more!

Love the hat AND the butterfinger cupcake.

The pirate room actually looks pretty cool but what's up with just a mattress pad?????

Yay for arriving at the resort and meeting Megan!

Wow, only 40 minutes for TSM-that is pretty unusual. I am not a huge Muppets fan but I kind of want to see the movie. Mostly because of the new Toy Story short before it. haha

Mmm, love that cupcake!

Yay for meeting Megan finally, but can't believe you didn't get a picture! :scared1:

The pirate room looks awesome, but those mattresses look horrible! I can't believe Disney thinks those are acceptable! :sad2:

Awww the Muppets! I love those hats! I can't wait to see the movie!

I have to try a Butterfinger cupcake on my next trip!

Oh my, that is a very thin mattress. I'm definitely wondering how it slept - if you go through all the expense of building rooms like that and no one wants to stay there because they can't sleep, that probably isn't the best use of your money, Disney... just saying. ;)

Nice to see a fellow bed-bug checker. I never did it until I met DBF, and now I'll always do it at every hotel I go to, no matter where.

But going back to the room - that pirate room is actually pretty cool, if you ignore the mattress (still waiting to see how it slept, though...). The barrel, and the chest, and the bed are very neat!! What a fun place to stay!

I'm so jealous you're heading back next month - I'm still fighting myself over when my solo trip and when DBFs and my "long trip" will be. I told him he had until the first week of December to decide if he wanted to go in April, otherwise we were going in September (of course, I still haven't completely gotten November out of my head, but my AP expires in October, so I'm money-conscious right now). We'll see what happens!

Other than the whole 1/2 mattress thing, the rooms were actually really cool. I loved the theming and the boxes that the TV was on had HUGE drawers. I was so happy about that.

Haha, you're so funny fighting with yourself over when you're going to go. You'll figure it out soon. I have faith. ;)

The pirate rooms look really cool!! But I mean if the bed is bad.... ew. What a let down. They need to fix that ASAP! I'm sorry they didn't just fulfill your request. Like... what's up with that?! :confused3 Check in can be so stressful.
I LOVE THE MUPPETS HAT! It's so you, dahhh-ling. :laughing:
That cupcake looks DELICIOUS! Yum I want a red velvet one SO BAD. Only... 30 DAYS!!!!! :banana:
Sounds like you had a nice morning! Can't wait to hear more!

I was really surprised that they weren't willing to give me a downgrade. Like, I'm not asking to be put into a suite or something, I'm asking to get a technically cheaper room than was booked. It's the one drawback to DVC apparently. Oh well. Not going to trade in DVC for that minor of a thing.

I so want the hat. I should have gotten it. So now we know what will be on my list for my New Year's trip.

Yay, 30 days until you can eat a cupcake! Only a few more for me! :yay:

LOL on the bed bug check! I do that with every hotel I stay at. :P

I love the Animal hat! Did you get it? Ok, I will admit I want one. I am also crazy craving a Butterfinger Cupcake right now. I can't believe I didn't try one when I was out there. :sad2:

Looking forward to reading more!

I never used to do the bed bug check until it started going around.

I didn't get the hat! I was actually going to get the Kermit one, but I completely forgot! It's on my list for my New Year's trip.

This was my first Butterfinger cupcake experience. It was everything that I expected it to be...

Love the hat AND the butterfinger cupcake.

The pirate room actually looks pretty cool but what's up with just a mattress pad?????

The pad apparently is supposed to be because of the design of the beds. The part that irked me the most is that the CM's have NO idea that's what it's like. They're all "no, they're normal double beds..."

OMG that cupcake is huge. Please tell me it was as good as it looks.

It was as good as it looks. It was two tasty snacks for me because it was so flippin' huge.

Yay for arriving at the resort and meeting Megan!

Wow, only 40 minutes for TSM-that is pretty unusual. I am not a huge Muppets fan but I kind of want to see the movie. Mostly because of the new Toy Story short before it. haha

Mmm, love that cupcake!

I want to see the new Toy Story short too! I'm super excited about that.

Yay for meeting Megan finally, but can't believe you didn't get a picture! :scared1:

The pirate room looks awesome, but those mattresses look horrible! I can't believe Disney thinks those are acceptable! :sad2:

Awww the Muppets! I love those hats! I can't wait to see the movie!

I have to try a Butterfinger cupcake on my next trip!

I can't believe I didn't either! Ding dong!

The sad part about the bed, like I mentioned above, is the fact that the CM's seem to have no idea about the fact that the beds are that way.

You definitely have to get the cupcake on your next trip. So worth it.

Ok, the pirate room is pretty darn cool! BUT, what is the deal with that mattresses?! No way, no how!!! I would not be sleeping on that!!!

It sounds like you had a nice afternoon in DHS! What a great start to the trip!

Ok, the pirate room is pretty darn cool! BUT, what is the deal with that mattresses?! No way, no how!!! I would not be sleeping on that!!!

It sounds like you had a nice afternoon in DHS! What a great start to the trip!

Hahaha, I'll put everyone out of their misery about the mattresses soon. I promise.

DHS was a great way to start the trip. It was very nice to have the fastpasses already. Megan was awesome in securing those ahead of time.

I'm here! All caught up too! The pirate room looks so awesome but that mattress... not ok! I am anxious to see what it was like to sleep on!
I'll proudly admit I want that Animal hat. :D I'm also stoked for the Muppet movie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter