• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh, A Drunk Little Cucumber!! - F&W Fun with Bro and Sis Nov. 11*UPDATE 6/17* Pg.32

OMG - Holy food and wine nirvana! I am SO ready to eat and drink around the world in October. Everything looked so delish and I have no idea how you kept it all straight. Thank goodness for pictures. Strong work! ;)

I have had a lot of those F&W items over the past 5-6 years. There are more I need to have in the future. I go in with the intent of getting all kinds of good things, but after a couple of stops, I am too full to enjoy more. I never get half of what is on my list. :sad2: That Belgian waffle was a favorite! :thumbsup2 The ravioli and cannoli need to move to the top of my list. Yum!

I know nothing about wine, but I am intrigued by this good-looking young man. I will have to walk in to that place accidentally. ;)

Chris and I talked about how hard it would be to try every item at the F&W festival. I think you would have to spend several long days at Epcot for sure. Maybe only go there. Haha.

There was so much more I wanted, but I made my list ahead of time and picked out what was a must have. We were happy with the selections we made.

OMG - Holy food and wine nirvana! I am SO ready to eat and drink around the world in October. Everything looked so delish and I have no idea how you kept it all straight. Thank goodness for pictures. Strong work! ;)

Hahaha, the pictures and my notes were the only way I kept it all straight. You are going to have so much fun when you go in October. Everything is good for the most part. We didn't find too much that was disappointing.

I totally understand your rant (about the Tiki room lady).

As a high school teacher, I constantly deal with that. I also remind the kids I am not their mom, so they better be more polite.

Hopefully, a lot of kids are really nice and understand. We might be ok in the end ;)

Oh pancakes with cornflakes. Kind of remind me of something my grandma used to make.

Okay, I know you said you ate all of that over the span of 5 hours, but still, I am impressed! I so want to go to F&W someday, it sounds like so much fun!

I totally understand your rant (about the Tiki room lady).

As a high school teacher, I constantly deal with that. I also remind the kids I am not their mom, so they better be more polite.

Hopefully, a lot of kids are really nice and understand. We might be ok in the end ;)

I hope we are all right in the end. There's always going to be stupid people out there, they just drive me nuts sometimes! :laughing:

Oh pancakes with cornflakes. Kind of remind me of something my grandma used to make.

That would be cool for someone to make. I'm going to have to give it a try sometime.

Okay, I know you said you ate all of that over the span of 5 hours, but still, I am impressed! I so want to go to F&W someday, it sounds like so much fun!

Haha, after I wrote this update, I looked back on it and was like "wow, what a pig". :lmao:

You definitely have to go to the F&W festival sometime, you would absolutely love it.

Wow, that is a lot of Food & Wine for one afternoon! :eek: I think we pretty much agreed with your reviews on everything we tried. DH loves that Godiva Iced Coffee, though, but agreed that it's crazy expensive for the size. I find that most of the guys in Italy fit your description...:rolleyes1

Soarin' must have been interesting after all those drinks. DH did the Maelstrom after the tequila tasting at La Cava and said it was a whole different experience, so I can only imagine what Soarin' was like for you guys.

The boulangerie patisserie is a tradition of ours too. We live in Quebec and most of the food there is part of our culture. But it is sooooooooooo good at the place!

Wow, that is a lot of Food & Wine for one afternoon! :eek: I think we pretty much agreed with your reviews on everything we tried. DH loves that Godiva Iced Coffee, though, but agreed that it's crazy expensive for the size. I find that most of the guys in Italy fit your description...:rolleyes1

Soarin' must have been interesting after all those drinks. DH did the Maelstrom after the tequila tasting at La Cava and said it was a whole different experience, so I can only imagine what Soarin' was like for you guys.

It really was an insane amount when you look at it. I think we were driven by the fact that it was our last full day there, and we wanted to get the most out of it that we could. I do love the Godiva Iced Coffee, I just find for the price it's no strong enough. :lmao:

You're right, most guys in Italy fit that. I was so flabbergasted and stunned, I could barely speak. :love:

Soarin' was very interesting. I would definitely do it again.

The boulangerie patisserie is a tradition of ours too. We live in Quebec and most of the food there is part of our culture. But it is sooooooooooo good at the place!

I love the patisserie. It's so good....I could eat quiche all day long.

LOVED these updates!

First off, me and you should definitely hang out one day. I love all beers! I'm especially fond of the Belgium beer flight that you got with Stella, Leffe, and Hoe (<--- not calling you one, just shortening the name :thumbsup2) These are some of my fav beers! And pretty recently, i've begun enjoying IPA. My DH absolutely hates IPA but I'm really getting to like them.

SO...MUCH...FOOD! You guys did an amazing job visiting the different booths.

I do have a question. Do you know if that Regale wine is available at anytime or only during the F&W? It looks really good and I'd love to try it in December.

What a fun update! DH was reading over my shoulder, and he's officially mad at me that I didn't tell him about the GGS! :lmao: I apologized and told him that we'd get him one next trip. Plus, I may have him talked into a trip for Food and Wine, so thank you!!!! I feel that I need to try that Fisherman's Pie, along with about 12 other things. The $7 coffee though? I'd have been irritated. I love the blurry pictures. I'd have assumed that you were super-human if the pictures didn't get a little blurry! :rotfl2:

I sounds like you guys had a great day. I think that you're a real trouper to do Soarin' after all that. I don't get motion sickness at all, but that might have done me in :lmao:

Wow, that is a lot of food and wine! I'm such a failure, all I had was the waffle and chocolate lava cake. :rolleyes1 Though we were only there for one afternoon. LOL.

I am guilty of crying during Golden Dreams. Such a pretty song.

Sounds like you certainly had a good day!

LOL, what a great update! You guys were taking no prisoners! Nice reviews of what's available, and awesome pictures; DBF and I only did one night at the F&W but he was not happy with the crowds and I was kind of stupidly sick so we just didn't eat anything. Mom and I were there during F&W the next year; again, we didn't try a single thing! We didn't spend much time in Epcot that trip, and it was a very short trip. Maybe someday. I'll miss F&W by a week this year. *sigh*

I could have gotten maybe 2/3 of the way through your list of drinks and then you would have found me napping under a tree somewhere in Italy or Germany. That is a riot!

I could not do the mussels. They just look like a bunch of seashells! (Clearly I'm not a seafoodie). I'll take the baguette though! Yum, and the waffle looks wonderful!

Oh yum, I want to see the cutest guy ever! Wine store... I can pretend I'm lost. It'll be great.

For $7.25 at McDonald's you could get three iced coffees that are each twice the size of that! (Not that you'd want to go to McDonald's and get three iced coffees. But seriously Disney. TOO MUCH!)

I'm guessing by drink number 10 (ish) you really had to pee.

The Napoleon is NUMBER ONE on my must try list this summer and I CAN'T WAIT!

I'm glad yall had such a successful Food and Wine day!

Man, I followed along on your past TRs, but for some reason I completely missed this one! :confused3 Oh well, I'm all caught up now. Enjoyed reading all your F&W posts and your Universal updates.

I just had to say....I went on Soarin' when I was a little loopy as well, and whoa, it completely changes the feel of the ride. :rotfl: Glad I'm not the only one who went through the experience. :rotfl2:

Wow, that was an impressive day at the Food and Wine booths! :thumbsup2 That is what I'd like to do when I'm there, but it never actually happens, this year, I'm hoping for a better performance! :rotfl2:

I love that Godiva iced coffee, but it is expensive...still, so good! :thumbsup2

LOVED these updates!

First off, me and you should definitely hang out one day. I love all beers! I'm especially fond of the Belgium beer flight that you got with Stella, Leffe, and Hoe (<--- not calling you one, just shortening the name :thumbsup2) These are some of my fav beers! And pretty recently, i've begun enjoying IPA. My DH absolutely hates IPA but I'm really getting to like them.

SO...MUCH...FOOD! You guys did an amazing job visiting the different booths.

I do have a question. Do you know if that Regale wine is available at anytime or only during the F&W? It looks really good and I'd love to try it in December.

Haha, that would be awesome. Hanging out, chillin', drinking Belgian beer. My kind of fun. :thumbsup2 My favorite beer is Duvel, or anything dark basically.

I was so proud we made it to so many booths. This was all planned out and it worked.

The Rosa Regale wine is there all the time. I believe you can get it in the wine shop and also at the booth outside.

What a fun update! DH was reading over my shoulder, and he's officially mad at me that I didn't tell him about the GGS! :lmao: I apologized and told him that we'd get him one next trip. Plus, I may have him talked into a trip for Food and Wine, so thank you!!!! I feel that I need to try that Fisherman's Pie, along with about 12 other things. The $7 coffee though? I'd have been irritated. I love the blurry pictures. I'd have assumed that you were super-human if the pictures didn't get a little blurry! :rotfl2:

I sounds like you guys had a great day. I think that you're a real trouper to do Soarin' after all that. I don't get motion sickness at all, but that might have done me in :lmao:

Haha, that's very funny. Yes, you have to remember the GGS because it's so very yummy. F&W is the absolute best time to go. I just love it and always try to go again somehow.

I like to say that I have a stomach of steel. :rolleyes1

Wow, that is a lot of food and wine! I'm such a failure, all I had was the waffle and chocolate lava cake. :rolleyes1 Though we were only there for one afternoon. LOL.

I am guilty of crying during Golden Dreams. Such a pretty song.

Sounds like you certainly had a good day!

You have to go to F&W with the intent of only doing that stuff. So, when we were in Epcot, we didn't think about doing much other than sampling from the booths.

LOL, what a great update! You guys were taking no prisoners! Nice reviews of what's available, and awesome pictures; DBF and I only did one night at the F&W but he was not happy with the crowds and I was kind of stupidly sick so we just didn't eat anything. Mom and I were there during F&W the next year; again, we didn't try a single thing! We didn't spend much time in Epcot that trip, and it was a very short trip. Maybe someday. I'll miss F&W by a week this year. *sigh*

I could have gotten maybe 2/3 of the way through your list of drinks and then you would have found me napping under a tree somewhere in Italy or Germany. That is a riot!

That's a great way of putting it, taking no prisoners. You will make it to F&W one day and get your fill of the booths for sure.

Oh trust me, the only thing that kept me going was the fact that we had to keep moving.

I could not do the mussels. They just look like a bunch of seashells! (Clearly I'm not a seafoodie). I'll take the baguette though! Yum, and the waffle looks wonderful!

Oh yum, I want to see the cutest guy ever! Wine store... I can pretend I'm lost. It'll be great.

For $7.25 at McDonald's you could get three iced coffees that are each twice the size of that! (Not that you'd want to go to McDonald's and get three iced coffees. But seriously Disney. TOO MUCH!)

I'm guessing by drink number 10 (ish) you really had to pee.

The Napoleon is NUMBER ONE on my must try list this summer and I CAN'T WAIT!

I'm glad yall had such a successful Food and Wine day!

Mussels do look really strange, but it's what inside that counts. But they're not for everyone. I don't really consider them seafood, even though they are. I don't know, I just think they're different.

Just wander into the wine store. If he's there, you'll know it. :laughing:

The reason they charged so much for the coffee was the fact that it was made with Godiva liqueur, thereby making it alcoholic.

Oh, see, once I break the seal, there's no going back. :rotfl:

Man, I followed along on your past TRs, but for some reason I completely missed this one! :confused3 Oh well, I'm all caught up now. Enjoyed reading all your F&W posts and your Universal updates.

I just had to say....I went on Soarin' when I was a little loopy as well, and whoa, it completely changes the feel of the ride. :rotfl: Glad I'm not the only one who went through the experience. :rotfl2:

That's all right! It's hard to keep up sometimes.

It makes Soarin' a completely different experience. I would certainly do it again. :lmao:

Wow, that was an impressive day at the Food and Wine booths! :thumbsup2 That is what I'd like to do when I'm there, but it never actually happens, this year, I'm hoping for a better performance! :rotfl2:

I love that Godiva iced coffee, but it is expensive...still, so good! :thumbsup2

I would recommend planning two entire 1/2 days (that's what we did), with the intent of just wandering around WS and eating. Best way for sure.

It is really good, but man...when I got it and it was so tiny, I was bummed.

Awesome TR! Reading this is making me sooo excited for F&W this year! Hope I can pull it off as well as you did!

Oh I love Epcot days. I could read about everyone's Epcot days 24/7. :love:
That's crazy that France was out of your Nuvo wine again. How does one run out of wine at a wine festival? :confused3
Loved the food reviews as always. And the drink tally!
I love seeing the foods from all the different countries, so interesting (even if I wouldn't eat them!)
I don't like beer or salmon and I'm not even a huge fan of maple. What kind of Canadian am I?? Oh well, at least I like hockey. :rotfl:
I have to remember to eat at the Boulangerie Patisserie this year. Even if it's just for a Napoleon. (But that quiche looks awesome... *drooling here*)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter