Oga's queue/walk-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky73

Earning My Ears
Interested to hear, given crowd levels have been a bit lower the last couple of days, especially today, due to potential of Dorian on its way...... for some of the things that you can reserve like Oga's and Savi's whether people have been able to get in without reservations? If so, what were the queues like?

We had reservations today at noon @ Oga’s , walk-ups were being turned away at that time.

As previously reported when operations times were announced, savi, droud depot and oga's are available as walk ups during emh

We asked for walk-up access at about 6:30pm on opening day and got in after a 5 minute wait!!! This was after being turned away when we checked that morning at 10am (EVERYTHING had an unbelievably crazy line so it was no surprise they turned us down). I was really shocked to get in as I had been checking for reservations multiple times a day since the first day that availability was released.

We asked for walk-up access at about 6:30pm on opening day and got in after a 5 minute wait!!! This was after being turned away when we checked that morning at 10am (EVERYTHING had an unbelievably crazy line so it was no surprise they turned us down). I was really shocked to get in as I had been checking for reservations multiple times a day since the first day that availability was released.
Did you spend the whole day at SWGE? What did you get at Oga's? Were any of the alien's or features tarped?

Was there opening day and I overheard the CM telling folks NO walkups, but the odd thing was the walkup line was there and rather long........This happened on the 31st also.....

So... walk-ups ARE a thing at the WDW version? We were at Disneyland a couple weeks ago and had no problems securing a couple reservations with their nice couple weeks in advance reservation system. Our trip to WDW this year will be at the tail-end of November/very beginning of December before we hop on our Disney Cruise...

We'd like to make a stop in at Oga's but due to that good ol 180-day out reservation system, every single day and every single time slot during our stay has been snapped up. If we were to rope-drop SWGE when we are there, would we have luck in inuring about walk-ins if we hit the cantina up right away once we got there??

I kind of missed the boat about when reservations opened up for Galaxy's Edge things at WDW as, like I said, we were just coming off our D23/Disneyland getaway and I wasn't thinking about it until after I saw the grand opening footage online...

Thoughts/tips??

So... walk-ups ARE a thing at the WDW version? We were at Disneyland a couple weeks ago and had no problems securing a couple reservations with their nice couple weeks in advance reservation system. Our trip to WDW this year will be at the tail-end of November/very beginning of December before we hop on our Disney Cruise...

We'd like to make a stop in at Oga's but due to that good ol 180-day out reservation system, every single day and every single time slot during our stay has been snapped up. If we were to rope-drop SWGE when we are there, would we have luck in inuring about walk-ins if we hit the cantina up right away once we got there??

I kind of missed the boat about when reservations opened up for Galaxy's Edge things at WDW as, like I said, we were just coming off our D23/Disneyland getaway and I wasn't thinking about it until after I saw the grand opening footage online...

Thoughts/tips??
if there's EMH they day(s) you are here you should do that. There are no ADR for Oga's during EMH so it's all walk ups. Other than that just checking through out the day. Also since the reservation has a 1 day cancellation policy try to check for reservations the day before

Thoughts/tips??

Definitely worth trying - and monitoring leading up to your dates how things are going. It definitely can vary but recently it has almost seemed like first thing in the morning is more crowded and then it eases up later in the day

And I assumed you would be there before December 5th when Rise of the Resistance opens as all bets are off for what it will be like then

Hmmm, so if I get this right, there are no reservations for Oga's for EMH, i.e 6-9am? So when we go next week, using EMH, we should be able to attempt a walk-in? So even though it let's you search for a reservation online from 6am, nobody will have actually booked anything until 9am?

We are going to visit after the extra extra magic hours (Sunday before Thanksgiving) BUT there will be regular magic hours, so maybe this should be our plan, do you think?
I would go to Oga’s first if you don’t need to ride MF first thing. Oga’s then on to MF after the first wave of EMH guests have ridden and before the park opens to all.

When you order at Oga’s, you can ask the server to process your bill at that time so you aren’t waiting around to pay and can leave when you are ready.

Thanks! Do you know if the Droid Depot would be the same too?
You can walk-up to the Droid Depot and because that’s a lot less people than Oga’s, you may want to do Droid > Oga’s and then on to other areas of SWGE.

This morning during EMH everyone was taking walk-ins. For Oga's they were aunnocing that they were taking Walk-ins. I actually did my Droid and Lightsaber during EMH and cancelled my appointment. I didn't get to post because my wi-fi was spotty all day. (Data is subject to international fees for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!