Oga's Cantina with kids

I don’t like to be seated; actually preferred the standing table and feel that’s where you are immersed into the atmosphere. That’s not the issue here. We didn’t have enough space to even stand and had to stand behind the high chair with our drinks infront of our kids (within reach of the kids as it’s a small section) and reach over them just like the previous poster indicated. They crammed us into an area at the bar (lowered section) and another couple (husband stood behind his wife and kept his drink in his hand. This was an area that would be shoulder to shoulder 3-4 people on bar stools.

In any case, we still didn’t make a fuss (talked to the CM that there wasn’t even standing room sideways and they told us you can wait a hour for another table-we had waited 45 mins past already).
I think the PP was talking about the bringing the older parents to a place with little seating because in the description it calls out that the place is mostly standing.

TBH I do think sometimes people book Oga's without knowing what it really is. It's like Space 220 (and the Lounge). People book it then ask a million questions about it.

I wish hey would add barstools, the novelty of Olga's has worn off for me... Although they've also removed barstools at other establishments, most notably Tune In Lounge at Studios. They must make more money with grain and go....

I wish hey would add barstools, the novelty of Olga's has worn off for me... Although they've also removed barstools at other establishments, most notably Tune In Lounge at Studios. They must make more money with grain and go....
I'll second this, though add "comfortable" barstools. I'm on my feet enough at Disney.

Maybe the reason they don’t add bar stools is then they would need to make space at the bar for the bar stools and since kids don’t drink alcohol they want to discourage parents from bringing them along.

I think this review has a picture with the best depiction of how crowded the bar gets. There is no walkway and half your party stands behind you in the walkway (no room at the bar):

https://ziggyknowsdisney.com/ogas-cantina-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

C517BD81-935C-44FC-A433-68DB2F5C5593.jpeg

While I get what everyone is saying Oga's is not a place you rest up on, it's not a lounge to catch some A/C, it is def. not a place to ease all of our poor tired feet.

I know a lot of people wish it was this or that but in truth the only way that people get to experience something like this is to have it be an experience you don't dawdle with.

It's family friendly and yet also designed to not be family friendly and that's perfectly okay. While you can take kids in there and they can have fun you have to take it for what it is rather than wishing and hoping it was something else.

It's a bar primarily, a well themed one and one you can get non-alcoholic drinks but it is still a bar and it's intimate environment suits it. Too large and it would just be even more chaotic, more loud, and more packed in.

While I get what everyone is saying Oga's is not a place you rest up on, it's not a lounge to catch some A/C, it is def. not a place to ease all of our poor tired feet.

I know a lot of people wish it was this or that but in truth the only way that people get to experience something like this is to have it be an experience you don't dawdle with.

It's family friendly and yet also designed to not be family friendly and that's perfectly okay. While you can take kids in there and they can have fun you have to take it for what it is rather than wishing and hoping it was something else.

It's a bar primarily, a well themed one and one you can get non-alcoholic drinks but it is still a bar and it's intimate environment suits it. Too large and it would just be even more chaotic, more loud, and more packed in.
There’s always room for improvement and expansion as Disney is always innovating. If they take out the booths and those walls and make more standing tables that would fix the overcrowding and tripping hazard.

There’s always room for improvement and expansion as Disney is always innovating. If they take out the booths and those walls and make more standing tables that would fix the overcrowding and tripping hazard.
"There always room for improvement" does not apply to everything just because you wish it was something more to your (general your) liking. That's really what I mean. Disney designed this and has had this in existence for several years. If they wanted it to be leisurely they wouldn't have opened it with a time limit and drink limit, if they wanted to to be the place to bring your whole family to chillax they would have made it that way with large size, all chairs and just a bar area. But they didn't. While they welcome children they do not want everyone in there with high chairs so its designed is more on the adult side. You cannot bring strollers inside.

If it lacks appeal to you (general you) because of this or that that's fine. I wouldn't remove the booths just to make standing room. If Disney wanted that they would have built it that way. As is it would appear they were trying to give different things to see/experience with bar, standing table, and booths all of which are designed communal style. Removing the booths would just serve to add more to the fire marshal number. They aren't just going to remove seating and keep the occupancy the same.

FWIW Docking Bay 7 doesn't have the most comfortable seating especially the stools, it's also designed to get you in and out. Although if you have little ones I would suggest that as a better place to get the Star Wars vibe without being in a bar. The outdoor seating is nice too.

Don't take it to mean I don't get exactly what everyone is saying, just that it's people wanting solutions to something they see wrong but that doesn't mean something is actually wrong here :flower3:

"There always room for improvement" does not apply to everything just because you wish it was something more to your (general your) liking. That's really what I mean. Disney designed this and has had this in existence for several years. If they wanted it to be leisurely they wouldn't have opened it with a time limit and drink limit, if they wanted to to be the place to bring your whole family to chillax they would have made it that way with large size, all chairs and just a bar area. But they didn't. While they welcome children they do not want everyone in there with high chairs so its designed is more on the adult side. You cannot bring strollers inside.

If it lacks appeal to you (general you) because of this or that that's fine. I wouldn't remove the booths just to make standing room. If Disney wanted that they would have built it that way. As is it would appear they were trying to give different things to see/experience with bar, standing table, and booths all of which are designed communal style. Removing the booths would just serve to add more to the fire marshal number. They aren't just going to remove seating and keep the occupancy the same.

FWIW Docking Bay 7 doesn't have the most comfortable seating especially the stools, it's also designed to get you in and out. Although if you have little ones I would suggest that as a better place to get the Star Wars vibe without being in a bar. The outdoor seating is nice too.

Don't take it to mean I don't get exactly what everyone is saying, just that it's people wanting solutions to something they see wrong but that doesn't mean something is actually wrong here :flower3:
We still go once each trip and have been 4 times post COVID and many times before (even when we wore masks and were like 8 feet say from everyone else) and enjoyed it each time for various reasons. I don’t want any changes personally and enjoy as is. But just because we enjoy it doesn’t mean I can’t see/sympathize with what others are saying.

Overcrowding in the walkway was unsafe for the workers and a waiter dropped a tray trying to maneuver those crowds. Our younger kids still enjoyed it, and unfortunately for people who think we shouldn’t be there with kids, we will still be going!

I can definitely see them making some changes with the seating eventually. But nothing immediate. Maybe in a few years.

We still go once each trip and have been 4 times post COVID and many times before (even when we wore masks and were like 8 feet say from everyone else) and enjoyed it each time for various reasons. I don’t want any changes personally and enjoy as is. But just because we enjoy it doesn’t mean I can’t see/sympathize with what others are saying.

Overcrowding in the walkway was unsafe for the workers and a waiter dropped a tray trying to maneuver those crowds. Our younger kids still enjoyed it, and unfortunately for people who think we shouldn’t be there with kids, we will still be going!
I appreciate where you are coming from but they've been operating thus far without utter disaster all over the place all the time and no fire code violations to my knowledge.

I think everyone would have a preference for there to be space for them to have a table be it a booth or a standing table all to themselves and all sorts of room because it's just our preference. I too sympathize with people, that wasn't a point I was saying. It was directed to the comments, including yours, about making Oga's what you want just because you want it that way. More to the point there are other places available to people if they find the lack of overall seating, lack of big time kid-friendly environment and lack of space in general an issue.

In terms of Disney they have a plethora of places..honestly too many lol but it gives a wide variety. I do think having Docking Bay 7 was smart as was Ronto Roasters although that has limited seating (we just ate on a ledge when we were there in DL). I don't think they hit the nail on the head everywhere in Bantuu in terms of theming but I do think they attempted to give options for several places to get that theming, immerse yourself in it. If all there was was Oga's I'd be like well that was a missed opportunity to provide actual food options for people but they have several options and only Oga's requires a reservation allowing for more flexibility for the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter