Offsite stay for arrival night??

JoyAhead

Mouseketeer
Hi all! We are looking at an saturday evening arrival for a week stay at AOA. AOA is booked for the Saturday night we arrive, but is available the rest of the week. So... would you stay offsite in a cheap hotel for that first night or book a room for one night at another value? There are several hotels around Disney for under 100$ a night, and all we will be doing is sleeping there, but I don't want it to be dirty or unsafe. We have never been to Disney, so I don't know the area. Any recommendations of a discount hotel nearby? Or would you stay at a Disney value and switch?

If we choose offsite, can we make a dinner reservation at a Disney resort and get free parking there for dinner? Or will we still have to pay 20$ for parking?

Thanks!

A few hotels I have stayed at near Disney: Buena Vista Suites, Doubletree Suites (Hotel Blvd.) and B Resort. The last two are very close to Disney Springs. If you were willing to walk, you can could make the 15 minute walk there for dinner that night. Otherwise it's my understanding that you could park for free at a Disney resort if you have dinner reservations.

Check Mousesavers.com for their preferred hotels near Disney and discounts on those.

We booked a stay at the Wyndham Garden in the Disney Springs area for our last day since we are meeting someone for business in Celebration the following day and hadn't planned it into our trip, it just came up afterwards. The hotel was $85 when I booked it. Definitely not a mom & pop roach motel and is an actual resort on Disney property, just not a Disney hotel.

We stayed off site near Disney Springs 2006....Buena Vista we had a theme park view and could see fireworks. Back then the price was about 120

We stayed at Quality Suites our first night in Orlando, just to save some money. We really liked it! They had an AMAZING waffle bar for breakfast... Mickey waffles, muffins, fruit, toast, etc. It was a lot of food! We stayed in a suite with two queen beds and a pull-out couch and the hotel was around 80 dollars for the night. The main reason we chose it was for the breakfast. With 4 kids, it was nice for us to be able to give them a filling breakfast.

They also had a really nice pool area and hot tub, although the pool was freaking cold. :)

I like to stay in the Disney Springs area the night before staying on property and walking down to Disney springs that evening.

I'd stay at a value. To me that would start your vacation, instead of staying off site and waiting for your Disney vacation to start, kwim?

We always choose a value resort. That way, we get the vacation starting when we leave our airport, have our luggage delivered and ride DME for free, and can set out for a park the next day, asking that our luggage be transferred over. Always works out beautifully!

My only problem with choosing a value resort is that if you get a dining plan, you are not only paying for a room, but then you're paying for an extra day of the dining plan so that increases the cost quite a bit. For us, we stayed off-site and ate sandwiches and snacks that we had brought so it saved us more money. If you didn't have a dining plan though, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

My only problem with choosing a value resort is that if you get a dining plan, you are not only paying for a room, but then you're paying for an extra day of the dining plan so that increases the cost quite a bit. For us, we stayed off-site and ate sandwiches and snacks that we had brought so it saved us more money. If you didn't have a dining plan though, it wouldn't be such a big deal.
Not if it is a room only for one night

You would just book a room only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts