Offsite Hotels

Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
I have been trying to decide on a hotel near universal.
My main point was to not pay parking for 3 days..
Has anyone walked to universal's parks from an offsite hotel?
I looked at holliday inn , Hamton inn and double tree there are so many more

Doubletree has a high parking rate of $30
Hamton inn has free parking says its it's a 15m walk

Yes, from Holiday Inn Across from Universal. It is a pleasant walk along a landscaped sidewalk, leading to the valet entrance (no line at security) for City Walk. I don't know whether that entrance is open now, though. The walk was very reasonable in the morning or after a break for casual dinner following the day in the parks.

They also have (had?) a free shuttle that you sign up for the previous day, or in the morning pending availability.

Yes, from Holiday Inn Across from Universal. It is a pleasant walk along a landscaped sidewalk, leading to the valet entrance (no line at security) for City Walk. I don't know whether that entrance is open now, though. The walk was very reasonable in the morning or after a break for casual dinner following the day in the parks.

They also have (had?) a free shuttle that you sign up for the previous day, or in the morning pending availability.
The parking fees all over raised my rental car price.
So much for a great deal on a car this time. I talked my DH into universal showing him 4 days 4 people for $1000 I did not want to tell him another $100 in parking and possibly $100 in parking at the hotels . Holliday inn looked really nice for the money.

Ok is it the Holiday inn suites across the street that's near tgi fridays or the holliday inn suites "nearest to theme parks " next to Wendy's

Ok is it the Holiday inn suites across the street that's near tgi fridays or the holliday inn suites "nearest to theme parks " next to Wendy's
I have walked from City walk to the Holiday Inn by the TGI Fridays a couple of times to pick up cars from Budget rental there. The walkway is along Major Blvd, like CAPSLOCK described. Don't know where the one near Wendy's is!

I have never stayed there, but the Rosen Inn has decent reviews.

Double tree across the street .. is $67 parking $23
US Endless summer ... is $78 parking at $15
Holliday inn across the street is$62 parking $17

I am still thinking Holliday inn is still the best bet..
The other hotels near by are in this range as well.

US Endless summer ... is $78 parking at $15
I will say the big benefit staying at Endless summer is the near continuous Universal buses picking you up and dropping you off at CityWalk. The non-Universal hotels you will either have to match your schedule to the 4 or so bus pickups per day (from the Doubletree, not sure the HI has shuttle service at all), Uber (or similar) to Citywalk or walk it (usually probably about 20 minutes or so from the Holiday Inn). Of course if you have your own car, you could drive it yourself, but then you'd probably be paying a 2nd parking fee to park at Universal.

I will say the big benefit staying at Endless summer is the near continuous Universal buses picking you up and dropping you off at CityWalk. The non-Universal hotels you will either have to match your schedule to the 4 or so bus pickups per day (from the Doubletree, not sure the HI has shuttle service at all), Uber (or similar) to Citywalk or walk it (usually probably about 20 minutes or so from the Holiday Inn). Of course if you have your own car, you could drive it yourself, but then you'd probably be paying a 2nd parking fee to park at Universal.
I was thinking about that and one night of parking is two days of park parking

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter