Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Hmm. So I guess there's really nothing at all related to the "Wine and Dine" theme on the 5k, 10k and Challenge medals. So weird!

This feels a little bit like if the Princess race medals didn't have princesses on them and featured Woody and Buzz instead.

My bafflement toward the choices made by the runDisney design department continues!

Are there two different HM medals....one with a slice of apple pie and one with a bunch of cherries?

I like the medals. It does kind of look like Baloo is swinging at Louie though. I still don't get the Frozen idea. The Half is nice, I like the color scheme. I like the dangles on the Challenge medal, I don't have one like that. Hopefully they aren't inclined to fall off though.

Are there two different HM medals....one with a slice of apple pie and one with a bunch of cherries?
I think just the one. The artwork had pie (so could be the shirt design), but the medal has apples or I guess cherries.

I think just the one. The artwork had pie (so could be the shirt design), but the medal has apples or I guess cherries.
Thanks. They are either very large cherries (Washington and the cherry tree) or very small apples (as American as apple pie).

Thanks. They are either very large cherries (Washington and the cherry tree) or very small apples (as American as apple pie).

Or are they grapes for the "wine" part of wine and dine??? I do think they are apples though...

Oh a spinner, that's always fun! Now, that I look closer I see it is cutout. Now I want apple pie :)

Almost feels like they've decided to use Wine & Dine as the catchall race to go with whatever characters they feel like since the other three race weekends lock them into certain characters only.

That's one of the reason DLH weekend was my favorite race weekend - you never knew year-to-year what theme you were going to get.

I'm fine with the half medal - it's cute enough (I'm only doing the half this time around), but I think my favorite W&D medals are still the ones from 2017 when they were the cute travel-themed set (luggage tag, plane ticket, passport) all themed to the World Showcase.

That's one of the reason DLH weekend was my favorite race weekend - you never knew year-to-year what theme you were going to get.
I don't think they started changing the theme until 2015, which was focused on the 60th anniversary of Disneyland so it still kept with the Disneyland theme. When I ran that race in 2011 and 2012, both medals were virtually identical. I took a couple of years off running due to a major work exam that took my time, but got back into running with the Star Wars races, so I've only run one non Star Wars race at Disneyland since and that was only because the Avengers 2017 was the last race for a while I hope.

I do think changing the medals every year is a good thing. Yes, there's the risk that you won't like the medal if for whatever reason the race is more important to you in any give year (looking at you Rebel Challenge 2017 medal), but that adds more excitement to medal reveals and is better for repeat runners.

I like the medals, they are cool. This will be my first time doing all 3 races, so it'll be extra special for me.

That 5k medal shaped like a leaf is neat. Almost like it would be a great design for a race that went through a park with lots of trees.

At first glance, I wasn't crazy about the medals but they are growing on me. I think the Frozen one will be prettier in person. The spinner is very fun. The challenge does remind me of nachos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!