Official Upcoming RunDisney DISMeets Thread: 11/8 PLEASE TAKE THIS SURVEY

Discussion in 'runDisney' started by Keels, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Keels

Keels The Official Keels of RunDisney

To make it easier to find, I'm going to start this thread as kind of a catch-all for pre-race and post-race meets (at RunDisney races and non-RunDisney races!).

Click each race weekend link below to see the meet-ups currently planned, "RSVP" to these events and see any photos posted after the meet-up!

2017 WDW Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

2017 Disneyland Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend

2017 Non-Disney Races: Milwaukee Marathon Weekend

2018 WDW Marathon Weekend | 2018 Castaway Cay Challenge 5K

2018 WDW Princess Half Marathon Weekend

2018 WDW Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

2018 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend

2018 WDW Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

2018 Non-Disney Races

2019 WDW Marathon Weekend

2019 WDW Princess Half Marathon Weekend

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Planning a Meet-Up?

I know many meets are already in the works, but if you're planning or hosting a meet-up at an upcoming race weekend, just read this post real quick to submit your meet-up information and I'll add it to the overall calendar!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    Tennesotans, BikeFan, flav and 10 others like this.
  2. Keels

Planning A Meet-Up?

Let's make sure to get the information out to everyone about your meet-up!

Fill out the information below and tag me ( @Keels ), and I'll add it to the calendar for your race weekend!

Meet-Up Date:
    Meet-Up Time:
    Meet-Up Location:
    Meet-Up Host:
    More Info:
    Attendees:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Attending a Meet-Up? "RSVP" By quoting the race weekend post and saying which Meet-Up you'll be attending and I'll add you to the list.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After the Meet-Up - don't forget to post photos from the Meet-Up (especially if you take a group picture) to this thread and I'll add them to the meet-up listing for everyone to be able to find!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Keels

[​IMG]

2017 WDW Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
    TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Hurricane Hannah's Pre-Party Happy Hour!
    Meet-Up Date:
    Sunday, Nov. 5
    Meet-Up Time: 7 - 8 p.m.
    Meet-Up Location: Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club (Stormalong Bay pool bar)
    Meet-Up Host: @Keels & Friends
    More Info: Let's get together for a quick cocktail before the post-party at Epcot. As always, first drink is on your host ... there will also be official DISer "Drinking Around the World" lanyards for all attendees!
    Attendees: @jeanigor +1, @flav, @mrsg00fy, @Tall Todd

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    flav, mrsg00fy and jennamfeo like this.
  5. Keels

[​IMG]

2017 Disneyland Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
    TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:
    TBD

6. Keels

2017 Non-Disney Races

Milwaukee Marathon Weekend DIS Meet

Meet-Up Date: October 15th, 2017
    Meet-Up Time: TBD
    Meet-Up Location: TBD
    Meet-Up Host: @DopeyBadger
    More Info: Milwaukee Marathon (1 mile, 5k, 10k, HM or M) DIS Meet Race - Oct 14th and 15th 2017

Attendees:
    Signed up

@roxymama - 10k
    @DopeyBadger - 10k
    @opusone - Half Marathon
    @rteetz - 10k
    @pixarmom - Half Marathon
    @*DisneyDreamer - Half Marathon
    DopeyBadgerMom - 10k

Undecided, but has shown interest
    @Mimsy Borogove
    @WIFriendofFigment - possible dependent on Lakefront
    @DisSconnie
    @roxyhubby - babysitter dependent
    @mateojr 1-mile or 5K, depending on schedules
    @rteetz

MEET-UP PICTURES ARE HERE!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  7. Keels

[​IMG]

2018 WDW Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
    ** FULL INFORMATION INCLUDING MAPS HERE!!!**

Meet-Up Date:
    Thursday, Jan. 4
    Meet-Up Time: PRE - 4-5 am and POST - until 7am (FYI the buses do not start running back to the hotels until ~7am)
    Meet-Up Location: PRE - Near ports-potties outside gear check (orange circle on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
    More Info: Come meet some friendly faces to help calm pre-race nerves and post-race swap stories of success!
    Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy, @MissLiss279, @drummerwife +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @Sailormoon2, @Pluto0809, @missjackiemcg, @baxter24, @michigandergirl, @Dopey Devon, @Dopeyintraining, @Baloo in MI +1, @ReindeerMom, @CherieFran, @bellrae, @courtneybeth, @Nole95 +1, @gjramsey, @kywyldcat03, @ChipNDale86, @SunDial, @daisyamy, @marn913, @Mickey Momma

Meet-Up Date:
    Friday, Jan. 5
    Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:30-4:30 am and POST - until 7am
    Meet-Up Location: PRE - Near ports-potties outside gear check (orange circle on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
    More Info: Come meet some friendly faces to help calm pre-race nerves and post-race swap stories of success!
    Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy +1, @MissLiss279, @drummerwife +1, @Simba's Girl +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @Sailormoon2, @missjackiemcg, @baxter24, @michigandergirl, @DVCFan1994, @Dopey Devon, @Dopeyintraining +1, @Baloo in MI, @CherieFran, @bellrae, @courtneybeth, @Nole95 +1, @gjramsey, @kywyldcat03, @ChipNDale86, @SunDial, @daisyamy, @marn913, @Mickey Momma

Half Marathon
    Meet-Up Date:
    Saturday, Jan. 6
    Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:00-4:15 am and POST - until 8:30am
    Meet-Up Location: PRE - Past gear check into the "L" of ports-potties (orange X on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
    Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy, @MissLiss279, @drummerwife +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @baxter24, @michigandergirl, @NurseRunner, @canglim52, @Dopey Devon, @rootbeerkid, @Baloo in MI, @CherieFran, @Nole95 +1, @gjramsey, @kywyldcat03, @ChipNDale86, @AbbyJaws2003, @SunDial, @daisyamy, @marn913, @Mickey Momma

Race Retreat Attendees:

Marathon
    Meet-Up Date:
    Sunday, Jan. 7
    Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:00-4:15 am and POST - until 12pm; POST-POST - until they kick us out of the parking lot
    Meet-Up Location: PRE - Past gear check into the "L" of ports-potties (orange X on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below); POST-POST - table outside the parking lot beer truck
    Meet-Up Host: @DopeyBadger; POST-POST Meet-Up: @Keels & @FFigawi
    Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy, @MissLiss279 , @drummerwife +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @Sailormoon2, @JClimacus, @sourire, @Mimsy Borogove, @baxter24, @michigandergirl, @canglim52, @DVCFan1994,@Dopey Devon, @Dopeyintraining +2, @KSellers88, @Baloo in MI, @Nole95 +1, @gjramsey, @kywyldcat03, @kski907, @ChipNDale86, @cburnett11, @SunDial, @bryana, @SheHulk, @marn913, @Mickey Momma

Race Retreat Attendees:

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Hurricane Hannah's Half Marathon Happy Hour!
    Meet-Up Date:
    Friday, Jan. 5
    Meet-Up Time: 2 p.m.
    Meet-Up Location: Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club (Stormalong Bay pool bar)
    Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi & @Keels
    More Info: Join John & Keels for some fun in the sun as we all catch-up before the long races of the weekend. Drinks are on them, so be sure to join in to run up that bar tab. If you're lucky, they *may* be wearing matching shirts again in 2018!
    Attendees: @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @courtneybeth +1, @FelisLachesis +1, @Anisum +1, @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama (?), @mrsg00fy, @drummerwife +1, @jmasgat , @BikeFan, @Dis5150 +1, @TeeterTots +1, @PCFriar80, @sourire, @Nole95 +1, @michigandergirl +3, @Simba's Girl +1, @Barca33Runner, @rteetz, @jeanigor +1, @missjackiemcg +1, @croach, @ReindeerMom, @kywyldcat03, @Dopey Devon, @SunDial, @daisyamy, @RENThead09, @bananabean, @Mickey Momma +1, @OldSlowGoofyGuy +1, @UNCBear24, @tigger536

Official 2018 "Drinking Around the World"
    Meet-Up Date:
    Monday, Jan. 8
    Meet-Up Time: 11:30 a.m.
    Meet-Up Location: Beer Cart at Canada (Which is dumb, because EVERYONE knows you start in Mexico, but it's not my meet-up so ... #RespectYourElders)
    Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi
    More Info: Marathon Weekend is done ... now it's time for the REAL challenge - Drinking Around the World! Personalized lanyards will be provided to track your progress ...
    Attendees: @Keels, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @mrsg00fy, @croach, @Princess KP, @Dis5150 +1, @garneska +1, @SunDial, @bryana, @MommaoffherRocker, @mrsg00fy +1, @jmasgat

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  8. Keels

2018 Castaway Cay Challenge 5K

Pre-Race Meets:
    TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:
    TBD

9. Keels

[​IMG]

2018 WDW Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
    TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:
    TBD

10. Keels

[​IMG]

2018 WDW Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
    TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:
    TBD

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  11. Keels

2018 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
    TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:
    TBD

12. Keels

2018 Non-Disney Races

Pre-Race Meets:
    TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:
    TBD

13. FFigawi

FFigawi DIS Veteran

DATW for marathon weekend is on Monday Jan 8th at 1130am. Meet at the beer cart outside Canada.

Princess KP, mrsg00fy and rteetz like this.
  14. ZellyB

ZellyB DIS Veteran

Great idea for a thread!

15. Keels

It should be Mexico.

16. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

I'd love to be there but of course I am under 21...

17. ZellyB

ZellyB DIS Veteran

@Keels
    Count in me and DH, @Chris-Mo, for marathon weekend at Hurricane Hannah's Friday and for DATW on Monday.

mrsg00fy, rteetz and Keels like this.
  18. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

I hope to make the Hurricane Hannah's meet up but not sure what my plans are right now.

mrsg00fy and Keels like this.
  19. courtneybeth

courtneybeth Boston Runnah - 2018

Has anyone taken this one yet as a party planner? I'm running all three races and will be around if no one else has volunteered. :)

+2 for the HH Happy Hour. Sad to miss the DATW. Our flight home is at 1p and we need to leave for the airport at 10 to return the car and board our plane :(

mrsg00fy and Keels like this.
  20. Keels

I haven't heard of anyone yet ... but I don't follow the Super Heroes thread closely enough!

courtneybeth likes this.
  21. FelisLachesis

FelisLachesis DIS Veteran

Do what I did in college, and laugh as everyone gets more and more drunk. Also take blackmail pictures, they'll come in handy later :D

Anyway, pencil me in for the Hannah's meet, plus 1, please!

I'd love to do DATW, but we have to be at CR at 4:30pm for DME, and I don't know if I can handle a drunk girlfriend on the monorail. !Por favor manténgase alejado de la señora borracha!

ZellyB, rteetz and Keels like this.