OFFICIAL: The Dining Plan IS Coming Back!!!!!!!!!

Disneyliscious

DIS Veteran
Wow, that's exciting! Always good to have the meal plans available.

Another new perk that I saw for the first time:

"In addition, with the kickoff of the 50th anniversary, guests staying at one of our Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort hotels will also be able to enjoy extended evening hours on select nights in select theme parks."

Good news for those shelling out the big bucks for their nightly stays!

Agree with you but sadly it doesn't work like that. A family of 4-6 staying at AOA will spend a LOT more than a party of 2 staying at GF. They aren't basing it on dollar amount (but they should).

This may be true for AKL, but I doubt it's true for other deluxe resorts.

When I made reservations for October, rooms at the GF were $700+/night, while suites at AoA were ~$500/night.

Even at that, its not based on $ value. A couple at GF staying 2 nights will get the perk, a family staying 7 nights at AOA will not (even though the AOA family will spend 4 times as much).

I see what you mean, you're right.

From the announcement, it looks like early hours will be for all resorts and evening hours for deluxe only.

"we will be rolling out a new early theme park entry benefit for Disney Resort hotel guests"

"In addition, with the kickoff of the 50th anniversary, guests staying at one of our Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort hotels will also be able to enjoy extended evening hours on select nights"

So any guesses on prices and when it will come back?
I'd guess first of year return and no change to pricing. I feel they were already maxing it out as much as possible. Though I could see them eliminate a couple options - the 2 and 3 TS per day and just go with the quick service and the new one they introduced right before the shut down. All just guesses though.

I knew it would! It’s a money maker for Disney, so even though so many on these boards said it wouldn’t be back ever or until 2022, I kept positive. Everything else has come back so much quicker than some of the doomsday predictions on this site (masks for another year etc) I chose to keep the faith!!

Anyone know if you can add the dining plan to a one-night stay on DVC points? We've never done the DDP, but we are staying one night, and it would make a lot of sense to do it for that. I realize it may come back with totally different rules, but was this possible previously? Thanks!

Anyone know if you can add the dining plan to a one-night stay on DVC points? We've never done the DDP, but we are staying one night, and it would make a lot of sense to do it for that. I realize it may come back with totally different rules, but was this possible previously? Thanks!

Yes you can. If you rented points, you will have to contact the owner whom you rented from and provide a form of payment as it needs to be paid for immediately when added. It has the similar restrictions in that it has to be added for all nights of the stay, but since you're only staying one night, that is usually a good value because you get two days to use it (check in day and check-out day). Depending on how many are in your room, you could do well with the highest priced DDP.

Yes you can. If you rented points, you will have to contact the owner whom you rented from and provide a form of payment as it needs to be paid for immediately when added. It has the similar restrictions in that it has to be added for all nights of the stay, but since you're only staying one night, that is usually a good value because you get two days to use it (check in day and check-out day). Depending on how many are in your room, you could do well with the highest priced DDP.

Oh, that's fantastic, thanks! We are the owners - we have just never done DDP before because we don't eat that much food. But yes, I thought this was the perfect opportunity since it would give us two days to use it! Thanks so much.

Oh, that's fantastic, thanks! We are the owners - we have just never done DDP before because we don't eat that much food. But yes, I thought this was the perfect opportunity since it would give us two days to use it! Thanks so much.
Just remember,it's not officially available yet. If your trip is this year, you likely won't be able to use it. Since they announced it with other 50th anniversary celebration announcements, but gave no indication of start date, I'm guessing they start it next year.

Of course, if that changes and they do make it available, you can add it on any time before your trip.

Just remember,it's not officially available yet. If your trip is this year, you likely won't be able to use it. Since they announced it with other 50th anniversary celebration announcements, but gave no indication of start date, I'm guessing they start it next year.

Of course, if that changes and they do make it available, you can add it on any time before your trip.
Absolutely, we'll hope! :)

And DP paired with the huge room inventory coming online this Fall at AS Music, AS Sports, Riverside & FQ suggests Free Dining may come back in some very limited form next year. Revenge travel is a thing now but can't last a full year. Guessing a few targeted weeks in August and September 2022. If so, that will be one very stressful FD drop.

Even at that, its not based on $ value. A couple at GF staying 2 nights will get the perk, a family staying 7 nights at AOA will not (even though the AOA family will spend 4 times as much).

In the end its not about total spend its about money spent per person per ___ time on site and in parks. The family takes up more room for less profit. Be clear I don't agree with this simplistic view but I am okay with Disney doing certain limited things for Deluxe/DVC vs Mod vs Value vs Offsite.

Also I will say the 30 mins every morning >>>> evening hours unless its 3+ hours (even then its single days not every day). That means on site you get a big rope drop advantage every single day for your first 2-3 rides which puts you way ahead for the day. Also being every park means it helps spread out crowds and doesn't force you to a specific park for the day for EMH.

I can't wait to hear what the pricing and options are so we can start doing the math and thinking. Also confirmation if snacks still apply to festivals will be big as well as its the only way I would likely do it.

I can't wait to hear what the pricing and options are so we can start doing the math and thinking. Also confirmation if snacks still apply to festivals will be big as well as its the only way I would likely do it.

I have to believe that snacks will still apply because the new menu boards for food and wine and the symbol for the ddp on them.

I have to believe that snacks will still apply because the new menu boards for food and wine and the symbol for the ddp on them.

Correct but they change those boards every year anyways as menus update. Plus it only takes a roll of tape and they can block those symbols. Finally they could even require that it only be a QS/Dinner credit and they give you 2-3 items at that location.

Hopefully though as I doubt its a bad deal for Disney and it likely gets more people buying the Dining Plan who would have skipped it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter