D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the check-in even work? We have an 11am-3pm reservation on the 13th. Do you go, check in, and just stand there? Or do you check-in about two hours early and go mind your own business before coming back?

Is there actually a benefit to checking in early? Not sure if we want to make the trip from whatever we're doing to check-in then trek back to do what we wanted to do.

I don’t have any experience with the 8am reservations but the later ones you can check-in up to 2 hours ahead of your time but there really is no need to check-in early. It goes very quickly (I would say about 5 minutes). You go to one of the CM when they wave you in - there were probably about 12 stations set-up when we were there 5/31 and 6/1 and they scan your QR code and then check IDs for those over 18 and put wristbands on everyone. Then as you exit you have to get your wristband scanned to be activated by different CM at the exit of the check-in area. Then you walk through the Launch Bay gift shop and exit. At this point you can either proceed to line-up or just wander about the park (what we did) until your time. We did not encounter any lines at the Critter Country exit but were a few minutes after the start of our reservation times. We did not go to the Cantina but were able to experience everything else without using all of our time.

ETA: they scan your wristband again as you enter SWGE

I've read a couple of reports on facebook that people put their names down for the Cantina, but never got a call back. Has this happened to anyone? Does putting your name down not guarantee you will go?
Correct, it’s possible to put your name in but never get a call. It depends how many people leave.

Hi! Went last night and it was amazing! We went to cue up early and were turned away at 4:20 and and told line ups would start 10 minutes early. 10 minutes later people were let in by Hungry Bear to cue up. Good thing we were nearby!

At 5:00 we went straight to the Cantina and it took 20 minutes just to put our name on the list (you give your number for a text). We were told 60 minutes, and a call back was not guaranteed. It took 2 hours, which I was fine with because we got in! They kept yelling only one person was to be in line to put your name on a list, but with only two people in our party, that is a long time to just wait by yourself.

While waiting, we rode SR, drank blue milk, went through all the shops, and just when we finished, we got our text. You then wait again to actually get in. There was still a lot of confusion and people were trying to just go in. When told there were no reservations available, the frustrations were obvious.

The Cantina was my favorite. We were told 45 minutes and 2 drinks max, but there was no enforcement of any this that we could see. Bands were not scanned, there are very few seats and those are given to larger parties, and you order a drink and can roam if you would like. The music was good and we loved it in there! The drinks were fun, fizzy, numbing, and the snack mix was indescribable (their words and surprisingly accurate).

After, we went on SR again. It is a fun ride, but we switched the less fun positions from last time (gunner and engineer) - pilots were not very good and kept crashing. It’s all good though.

The recyclable bags are great but the only let you buy one (maximum of one thing at each shop, including the bags - well, plus the bag but only one of them). I would have bought a few if I could have.

Great night! So fun! I can’t wait until I get to go back ;)

Parks and Resorts is the only one of these that DH and I really want to see - so i hope that those of you with expertise here won’t be shy with advice on how best to maximize our chances of getting in to this one, as more information comes out. We hope to avoid lining up before dawn, if we can!
We waited 9 hours in 2017. Got there around 6am for the 3PM panel. 4 hours outside in the sun and 5 hours in the basement. So we weren't there before dawn but there for a long time. For a 10:30am panel... you're gonna want to be there before you really want to be there if you catch my drift. Even if they don't officially allow overnights, people will make an unofficial line and you'll be behind the 8 ball if you get there late anyways.

Anyone know the number to call to find out your SWGE reservation time if you booked a resort hotel through a 3rd party? I tried calling today just to find out where to call and got the run around. Thanks!

It shouldn't matter that you booked through a third party as the SWGE line is for resort guests. The number is 888-854-3104. They do ask for your reservation number though. I'm not sure if you have the DLR reservation number from your third party booking (probably not the same as the confirmation number from the booking site itself) but hopefully they have an alternate way to look you up.

Has anyone who has checked out the merchandise in Launch Bay noticed whether they have a GE or Batuu ball cap? I can't believe I don't have a SW themed one but I guess I don't!

It shouldn't matter that you booked through a third party as the SWGE line is for resort guests. The number is 888-854-3104. They do ask for your reservation number though. I'm not sure if you have the DLR reservation number from your third party booking (probably not the same as the confirmation number from the booking site itself) but hopefully they have an alternate way to look you up.
Thank you!! Maybe I’ll call the hotel directly for the confirmation number. Then call the SWGE number. Very much appreciated!!

... She is still annoyed that there isn't fastpass, even though I keep saying the ride line is reasonable (she's been spoiled by my maxpass skills).
Just tell her that you don't need MP inside GE -- the Force is that strong with you!

... Beware if you are a small or medium women’s size do not get your hopes up on buying the clothes. My DD has been talking about that for weeks and everything she wanted was sold out in her size. They even sent someone to check stock, but no luck. No smalls or mediums in the Leia dress and or in the Rey vest which she really really wanted that vest. We saw other people looking for smalls in different things too. Still plenty to buy though. That was our only disappointment of the day. Great morning!
Hmmm...does anyone know if/when any of the merchandise/clothing will show up on the app? I can wear some baggy clothing, but if only larger sizes are in stock, this is going to be ridiculous.

Just tell her that you don't need MP inside GE -- the Force is that strong with you!

Hmmm...does anyone know if/when any of the merchandise/clothing will show up on the app? I can wear some baggy clothing, but if only larger sizes are in stock, this is going to be ridiculous.
Probably not until it opens in Disney world.

If you have the 8am reservation and get there at 6, will anything be open food wise between 6-8?

Thank you!! Maybe I’ll call the hotel directly for the confirmation number. Then call the SWGE number. Very much appreciated!!
I booked via a third party. That 888 SWGE number worked fine. I was prepared with my confirmation number but they look you up via name and date you booked.
I never received an email with a QR code butbthey had it on file

I apologize if this has already been and asked an answered, but are you able to go back into Launch Bay to shop if you are not checking in for a reservation? Our reservation is for 8am and I want to get into line ASAP because we’re hoping to get into the Cantina. I’d like to come back later and look at any merchandise.

If you have the 8am reservation and get there at 6, will anything be open food wise between 6-8?
It has been reported that Galactic Grill, which is right next to Launch Bay where you check in, is serving breakfast during this time window.

So helpful! Thank you so much. This is pretty much what I was planning to do so great to hear. Olga’s is #1 for us so I want to be in position:) Really appreciate the great detail!

I didn’t even think about splitting up after we get wristbands! I’m going to definitely do thiis. I’ll get in line while my husband and son relax and eat breakfast. Thank you!

If Oga’s Cantina is a priority, I would not do this. The line behind us was huge. They won’t be able to get back to you to make it to the front of the line with you.. I would keep everyone together and go straight there. If Oga’s is not a priority, it would be okay.

Yes- the place right next to the holding point was open and serving breakfast. Lots of people ran over there to get stuff while other family members held their spot in the group.

Has anyone used DAS? Any reports on how to make the request, how it went, reporting back for your return time, etc.? Any and all information will be helpful to others reading along here!
ETA: Does anyone have a photo of the Information Kiosk inside SWGE which they can post here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter