D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CMs at DLR understand that anything can happen between the time you request your DAS return time and the time you actually make it to the ride. So even if the actual wait time at the moment you make your request is very short, e.g. just a few minutes, they understand that you may have a situation or need that delays you so that you don't make it to the ride until hours from when you made your request. I have never had a CM say anything like that -- if the line is short, they'll give me a return time, then suggest I go try the stand by line, too, because the line is currently short. If a CM denies a return time, it is usually because the ride is down -- and then they will just suggest getting a return time for a different ride.
Ok. Thank you. Again, the more I think about it, going to a kiosk is different than going to the ride and the CM saying the line is short, and if you are looking to get on it, might as well be now. That was WDW. Wasn't all the time, but a couple of times, especially around rope drop when lines were short.

Thanks again for helping me work through that, and it seems like there should be no issue for 8 am reservations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet they have a soft opening at some point on Thursday. The park won't be too crowded, and it will just happen.

I would love this to bits and bits as I'll be there, but they are still doing invite previews through at least the evening. Saw a posted invite to some CEO and he gets to bring SEVEN people. SEVEN!!!!!

Of course on at least two days this weekend they've invited people to the park to test the virtual queue system, so who knows if people will be tapped to do that. What to do what to do.

I didn't realize they were still having invite only until late Thursday. I thought most of that would be over by the time they have the official ceremony thing on Wednesday night.

We are just about to leave to travel to the airport. Staying overnight in a airport hotel and then flying in from London tomorrow. Considering we didn't even know we would definitely be coming until last Wednesday due to my husband having a knee operation just under 9 weeks ago! Luckily when the opening day was announced we booked PPH and got the coveted 8am slot on the 31st.

Just praying we get a chance to buy the merchandise in Launch Bay before heading over to the land as it looks like we will be allowed in at 6. Will be really annoyed if we don't get anything dated etc and our AP exclusives and we just see scalpers there.

We are HYPED.

We are just about to leave to travel to the airport. Staying overnight in a airport hotel and then flying in from London tomorrow. Considering we didn't even know we would definitely be coming until last Wednesday due to my husband having a knee operation just under 9 weeks ago! Luckily when the opening day was announced we booked PPH and got the coveted 8am slot on the 31st.

Just praying we get a chance to buy the merchandise in Launch Bay before heading over to the land as it looks like we will be allowed in at 6. Will be really annoyed if we don't get anything dated etc and our AP exclusives and we just see scalpers there.

We are HYPED.
This info might help. I was on with the hotel GE reservation line yesterday and the cm offered up this gem without my even asking, ALL EXCLUSIVE MERCH WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE INSIDE OF GE!!! I sure hope that’s true. She seemed very confident about it, but I would verify and confirm it.

Has anyone seen how they are going to handle SWGE after summer? I see you have to make a reservation now but thought that was only until July or so. We are going week of Dec 8. I haven't seen anything about how it will work after that. Thanks for any help.

Does this mean that 8 am folks (who would NOT encounter a line leftover from the overlap of reservation times) MUST ride MFSR immediately without really using DAS because the line would already be pretty short first thing, OR would the still be able to receive a return time for later?
As a person with an 8 am reservation (later in June) and a need for DAS, I have my fingers crossed that the line will be short enough at 8 am that I am able to experience the full queue. It's going to be themed and awesome, right?

DSNY explains it in this vid...

Apparently, once DL opens in the morning, you can enter Galaxy's Edge...once it's filled up you will have to get essentially a "Fastpass" via the Disneyland app. Once people start to leave Galaxy's Edge, more people will be allowed in and your "Fastpass" alerts you when it's your turn to enter the land ( no FP's for the ride itself )...so says the video...

Last edited:
Its going to be like any other wildly popular attraction, just much more so. People will line up before rope drop and then run like wild zombies to get in line and it will stay that way all day. They haven't said anything about fastpasses for it and that is good news for the rest of the park. All of those people will get eaten by the stand by line which will reduce crowding for the rest of the park.

But Disneyland may have a completely different plan in mind. Maybe something with maxx pass so they can force more people to pay for it. But thus far they haven't said so nobody really knows yet.

As a person with an 8 am reservation (later in June) and a need for DAS, I have my fingers crossed that the line will be short enough at 8 am that I am able to experience the full queue. It's going to be themed and awesome, right?
Yes, it will be amazing. We are in the same boat, but we also have DW who typically gets motion sickness on simulator rides, so she's planning on only riding it once while going through the full queue, no matter how long it will take. Though, I do wonder how motion sickness may not be so bad (I don't have that problem, although I know many do), if one is a pilot and has some control over the motion.

We are also trying to balance Oga's and Savi's, since those reportedly have had long waits and DAS won't apply (at least with Savi, we will only have our DS9 and me go through that while the rest of our crew (DW, DS14, and DS6-DAS) will explore the land). We do have two (2) 8 am reservations, so we are anxiously awaiting reports from the public to see if the trends from Cast members previews continues or changes. Perhaps cast members flocked to things they felt they needed to do now and out things off they felt they might do later...or maybe not...we shall see.

Yeah! Thank you for confirming that information!!!

After some initial excitement over this post, I called the SWGE reservation line. I was told all DLRH guests will pick up their wristbands at Launch Bay.

I have also reached out to the Instagram account holder in an attempt to confirm the legitimacy of the information. Guess we will find out soon enough.

After some initial excitement over this post, I called the SWGE reservation line. I was told all DLRH guests will pick up their wristbands at Launch Bay.

I have also reached out to the Instagram account holder in an attempt to confirm the legitimacy of the information. Guess we will find out soon enough.

It seems like their is so much conflicting information being disseminated. Until GE is open, unless if comes direct from Disney, I take everything with grain of salt.

When you check in at the hotel you will receive your credential. Then, 2 hours prior to your reservation, you go to the Launch Bay, with credential AND ID (names must match) and get your wristband put on. Our ID was checked before we were allowed to enter the launch bay, then again at the check in area. I imagine for the 6am check in, you will have to show at the gate too.

You’re right to doubt. My first thought looking at that document is that it’s not from Disney. I’m not buying into anything that isn’t 100% definitely from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter