D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the link and looked at the listing out of curiosity. If you read the details, you see that it's a person claiming to have 3 separate reservations to SWGE starting on May 31 and offering to sell a lightsaber from each visit. So not from a cast member preview and not someone who actually has the merchandise in hand. The same seller is also offering one of the special SWGE popcorn buckets that I don't think has even been released yet. It's probably an annual passholder.

There's someone on there selling CM merch, like their magazines, and other merch from SWGE, like the puppets. I truly hope these people are good with their CMs losing their jobs over this.

And the CMs in FL, if they lose their previews, can thank the CMs in CA, who did this.

There's someone on there selling CM merch, like their magazines, and other merch from SWGE, like the puppets. I truly hope these people are good with their CMs losing their jobs over this.

And the CMs in FL, if they lose their previews, can thank the CMs in CA, who did this.

It does not appear Disney was as upfront about merchandise resale as they were with the No Pictures rule. I imagine if they find out who is selling CM merchandise prior to GE's official opening, they could take further action.

I don't think this will impact WDW having previews. Disneyland is a much bigger deal, since it's opening first. Since WDW is essentially a carbon copy, the extreme amount of secrecy and restrictions might not be quite as necessary.

Real answers!!! I was just given a new number for hotel reservations guests. 8888543104

According to my call this morning, we will be given our credentials for entry AT CHECK IN!
For 8 am guests, we will be allowed to line up starting at 6am for the turnstiles, then line up for rope drop like normal
That makes me so happy as it feels like a real Disney Opening!
She said to “walk purposely” to GE

From usctrojans on the opening day thread.

I hope all hotel guests for the reservation period will get their credentials at check in. That would be handy. :)

I am still wondering how long it will take to check every adult’s ID in every party? I feel like there are a lot of adults going in the early days (hard core fans of the original movies, who are all old like me!!), and they indicated that all adults will need ID. Heck, it is even cumbersome to check in for the Halloween party efficiently sometimes, and that is a less intense check-in as I recall (no ID’s checked but now I can’t be sure I am remembering that correctly). I also just don’t have a sense for the number of people that are going to be in each time group, as that would help everyone understand how the crowds might flow. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
We were lucky to get to go last night. We had 10 people, 8 were adults. It took less than 30 seconds to do all of us. Then needed it again to get the actual band. Process was really fast.

We were lucky to get to go last night. We had 10 people, 8 were adults. It took less than 30 seconds to do all of us. Then needed it again to get the actual band. Process was really fast.
So they checked your ID twice? Just a bit confused about that part!

Do you think they will release pictures of some idea of the opening day merchandise? I don't want to wait in the wee early hours of the morning if its nothing special, like what we have been seeing lately for May the 4th. What do you guys think?

We are here now. I see people with SWGE wrist bands. I am not sure if they are for the CM preview times that are going on now or if they have checked in for a stay that extends past 5/31. There are many people walking around the parks with light sabers and droids. I have not seen any droid backpacks, just the boxes (like Build a Bear type boxes where the droid looks out). Crowds are not bad, but the weather today was not the best so kept some people away I am sure. We come back in 3 weeks to do SWGE!!

We are here now. I see people with SWGE wrist bands. I am not sure if they are for the CM preview times that are going on now or if they have checked in for a stay that extends past 5/31. There are many people walking around the parks with light sabers and droids. I have not seen any droid backpacks, just the boxes (like Build a Bear type boxes where the droid looks out). Crowds are not bad, but the weather today was not the best so kept some people away I am sure. We come back in 3 weeks to do SWGE!!
They are doing VIP previews. Including Club 33 members and invited guests.
5/28, evening, contractors who worked on it.
5/29, media day
5/30, Orange County schools (don’t know many details about that one) in morning. Possible rumors of soft openings for regular guests in afternoon/evening, but still very much in rumor and speculation side.

Today is CM previews.

I followed the link and looked at the listing out of curiosity. If you read the details, you see that it's a person claiming to have 3 separate reservations to SWGE starting on May 31 and offering to sell a lightsaber from each visit. So not from a cast member preview and not someone who actually has the merchandise in hand. The same seller is also offering one of the special SWGE popcorn buckets that I don't think has even been released yet. It's probably an annual passholder.
These people who go in and buy up everything they can for resale are shameful. The online stores sometimes pay people to go in and buy up special merchandise which is why now on some Disney put limits. When Trader Sams opened in WDW at The Poly I wanted a mug and had to wait days for a new shipment. While in the shop I saw a man taking just about every tee on the shelves buying for resale. Anyone who was there wanting to get a tee was out of luck.
I wonder how he cheated the system to get 3 reservations.

These people who go in and buy up everything they can for resale are shameful. The online stores sometimes pay people to go in and buy up special merchandise which is why now on some Disney put limits. When Trader Sams opened in WDW at The Poly I wanted a mug and had to wait days for a new shipment. While in the shop I saw a man taking just about every tee on the shelves buying for resale. Anyone who was there wanting to get a tee was out of luck.
You can be on more than one reservation. I think you can only have one where you are the primary. So that person probably has a friend or family member listed as a primary reservation holder, and they are listed as a guest. Or they could have hotel reservations.

Right now they are limiting 1 of an item per person including the reusable shopping bags.

I don’t know if this matters, but we just booked a last minute trip from July 1-5th. I was shocked at the hotel availability. I had no problems getttjng a room and getting it for a good price. Then grand legacy offered 50% off for July and we took that. That is shocking to me. I also had zero issues getting all the dinning I wanted.. at 30 days out. WOC dessert party, fantasmic, early morning Minnie breakfast, parade package. All with lots of openings.

I mean I’m expecting big crowds, but when my husband said let’s go my first words to him were “there probably isn’t any hotel availability”

Has anyone heard about Docking Bay 7 breakfast hours? I can’t seem to find it online and I was interested in one of the dishes, so need to plan my ordering time appropriately!

Four more sleeps for those people going on the 31st :bounce: I can’t wait for reports to start rolling in!
Me too, sorta. On one hand I want to know exactly what I need to do to be one of the first in line for my reservation. My reservation is for June 10th at 8 am so I have a little over a week after opening day to learn about everything I need to do. On the the other hand I want to go into GE knowing as little as possible about the land itself. I’ve been trying to avoid pictures and specifics about smugglers run but it’s really hard to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter