***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

Have we gotten anything on costs for the new SW hotel? If there’s a thread or link somewhere with this discussion, that would be great too. I would not enjoy it, but my husband and son would be in outer space (I’m on fire today!), and I wouldn’t *hate* a couple of days at AKL by myself 😁

... Nevermind, I found it. Ouch.

Last edited:
Have we gotten anything on costs for the new SW hotel? If there’s a thread or link somewhere with this discussion, that would be great too. I would not enjoy it, but my husband and son would be in outer space (I’m on fire today!), and I wouldn’t *hate* a couple of days at AKL by myself 😁

... Nevermind, I found it. Ouch.
nothing official from Disney as far as I know. All that's out are rumors.

nothing official from Disney as far as I know. All that's out are rumors.
Understood. And we would be 5 years away from doing this anyway, as I would want my son to be much older (he’s currently almost 5). Still, those rumors either better be WAY off, or if they aren’t, there must be massive hardcore fan demand for this experience who will enjoy it instead of us 😉

Understood. And we would be 5 years away from doing this anyway, as I would want my son to be much older (he’s currently almost 5). Still, those rumors either better be WAY off, or if they aren’t, there must be massive hardcore fan demand for this experience who will enjoy it instead of us 😉
Well you have to remember this is essentially an all inclusive. It’s a cruise experience on land. Food included and the experiences. It’s also small. There are something like 100 or so rooms.

Well you have to remember this is essentially an all inclusive. It’s a cruise experience on land. Food included and the experiences. It’s also small. There are something like 100 or so rooms.
so small. I saw a video taken from the ground while driving past it, very small. Definitely designed for the ultimate SW experience

Is $3300 a person typical for a cruise? I have “stranded on water” issues, so I’ve never looked into one. IF the rumors are true, maxing our the five-passenger cabin is much better deal, but there’s no way a small family like ours could justify $6,600 for two people, or $10,000 for a *two* night stay for our entire family. No way. Not even if it is all inclusive. $10,000 is equivalent two week-long vacations for us. Anyway, I don’t want to derail this too much, I am just a little shocked.

Last edited:
Is $3300 a night typical for a cruise? I have “stranded on water” issues, so I’ve never looked into one. IF the rumors are true, maxing our the five-passenger cabin is much better deal, but there’s no way a small family like ours could justify $6,600 for two people, or $10,000 for a *two* night stay for our entire family. No way. Not even if it is all inclusive. $10,000 is equivalent two week-long vacations for us. Anyway, I don’t want to derail this too much, I am just a little shocked.
i would say no unless you’re booking concierge level rooms. One may argue this is a concierge level experience but Star Wars themed.

Is $3300 a person typical for a cruise? I have “stranded on water” issues, so I’ve never looked into one. IF the rumors are true, maxing our the five-passenger cabin is much better deal, but there’s no way a small family like ours could justify $6,600 for two people, or $10,000 for a *two* night stay for our entire family. No way. Not even if it is all inclusive. $10,000 is equivalent two week-long vacations for us. Anyway, I don’t want to derail this too much, I am just a little shocked.
i would say no unless you’re booking concierge level rooms. One may argue this is a concierge level experience but Star Wars themed.

I just quickly looked up a Disney Cruise and first one that came up was a 4-night out of Miami and a 1 bedroom with concierge for a family of 4 was $7,260 ... so the rumored pricing of Star Wars Hotel is a more but not *that* much more than a concierge cruise experience and it is super unique and like you said very low capacity, etc.

It's definitely not for everyone, but a lot of people don't even blink at the cost for Disney cruising so i am sure there will be plenty that are ok with these prices ... at least initially. Now long term, how much repeat visitors will the get, etc. - that I don't know

SWGE imagineers adding to their portfolios. Scott Trowbridge will still lead Star Wars projects but also is adding Disneyland and DCA to his job description. Chris Beatty also influential on SWGE will oversee Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.

I just quickly looked up a Disney Cruise and first one that came up was a 4-night out of Miami and a 1 bedroom with concierge for a family of 4 was $7,260 ... so the rumored pricing of Star Wars Hotel is a more but not *that* much more than a concierge cruise experience and it is super unique and like you said very low capacity, etc.

It's definitely not for everyone, but a lot of people don't even blink at the cost for Disney cruising so i am sure there will be plenty that are ok with these prices ... at least initially. Now long term, how much repeat visitors will the get, etc. - that I don't know
I mean, by that metric, the rumored pricing of the SW hotel is twice as much, since it’s roughly the same cost for a 5-person cabin, except you only get two nights instead of four. The skeptic in me says Disney will have a hard time keeping even a 100 room hotel full 365 days a year at those prices. The overlap in the Venn diagram of “diehard Star Wars/Disney fans interested in LARP or similar” and “people who can afford an $8000 vacation for two nights” has to be pretty small (indeed, I think the Venn diagram overlap between people who can afford an $8000 two-night vacation and ANY vacation experience is small). I do look forward to seeing the official prices once Disney releases that information.

I mean, by that metric, the rumored pricing of the SW hotel is twice as much, since it’s roughly the same cost for a 5-person cabin, except you only get two nights instead of four. The skeptic in me says Disney will have a hard time keeping even a 100 room hotel full 365 days a year at those prices. The overlap in the Venn diagram of “diehard Star Wars/Disney fans interested in LARP or similar” and “people who can afford an $8000 vacation for two nights” has to be pretty small (indeed, I think the Venn diagram overlap between people who can afford an $8000 two-night vacation and ANY vacation experience is small). I do look forward to seeing the official prices once Disney releases that information.

I agree - especially long term once that small overlap in the ven diagram has come, what happens? will they come back? Will more people hear how great it is and stretch themselves?

I wonder if in the future they will offer different types of experiences - maybe even allowing single day or like 1/2 day experiences that have a lower total price tag but let die hard fans experience it a bit

Reactions: EmJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!