***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

Any chance they are testing fastpass system at Smugglers Run? We accidentally or fortuitously used our magic bands on the fastpass posts (?) with a CM there, so it felt official. The Mickey's lit up green, the CM pointed out the direction to walk, and we were on the ride soon after; didn't go through the long que that winds all around. Great ride! BTW we were there around 6:15 in the evening.
Why were you going through the fp line?

My brother and his whole family was "given" a FP for SmuggeR last week when they were there.

was it in paper form or to their MDE? and given by who? Guest relations? random person at SWGE?

Wasn't with them, but trying to get the deets. All I know so far is that they walked up to the line area, and a SW:GE CM asked something like, "How is your day going?" and they said they were getting ready to get in line for their first Smugger run, and the CM said, "No you're not," and gave them an FP. I do know they didn't tap in.

I was on the ride once when it broke down (we sat inside the Falcon for about 15 minutes). They gave us a free FP to anywhere, including MFSR. But we went and used it on Slinky Dog instead. Well worth the breakdown haha (they had us tap our magicband on their computer to give us the FP)

Did you happen to have an "anytime" fastpass? It's possible if you did, it may have gotten used. Just a thought.
Nope, did not have any "anytime" passes. Didn't even think Smugglers Run was accepting fastpass yet. Hence our confusion ( but we are incredibly grateful).

I made it to Batuu at WDW last week. I probably don't have anything really new to add just my personal thoughts and experience.

We built a lightsaber at Savvi's, Got numb tongues at Olga's, piloted and engineered the Falcon, got hassled by imperial thugs, sampled the local delicacies, checked out the local wears, and chatted with a resistance spy.

After watching Chewy getting mobbed at every step, I actually started feeling sorry for Vi Moradi. She was doing a great job staying in character slinking around only to have guests ask her for directions to "the bar". So I took some time to read her Wookieepedia entry to have a proper interaction with her. She definitely did a double take when I addressed her as "Magpie" and told her I had a message from "friends" in the "Illenium" system, but I'm fairly sure the reference I made to freighter "THX1138" was a bit too obscure for her.

Overall I kind of have a "one and done" attitude to Galaxy's Edge, or Batuu, or Black Spire (why does it have three names?) leaving Studios in fourth place on my "parks to visit list" when going to WDW. The Falcon is only fun as a pilot, the food is nothing special and I don't see needing more than one Lightsaber anytime soon. Perhaps "Rise of the Resistance" will change my mind. Time will tell.

Overall I kind of have a "one and done" attitude to Galaxy's Edge, or Batuu, or Black Spire (why does it have three names?) leaving Studios in fourth place on my "parks to visit list" when going to WDW. The Falcon is only fun as a pilot, the food is nothing special and I don't see needing more than one Lightsaber anytime soon. Perhaps "Rise of the Resistance" will change my mind. Time will tell.
Batuu is the planet which is on the edge of the galaxy. Black spire outpost is the part of the planet which you are on. :)

To be fair, if you were traveling around the galaxy and met someone who wanted to know specifically where you're from, you'd need at least; planet, country, state, city.... lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter