***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

The fact that I have seen so many reports like this is concerning. It should not be the case that guests are having unpleasant experiences on any disney ride. Sure they can reward good flying with bonuses like the extra coaxium / extended scenes. But why Disney would allow the ride to be awful if piloted by people with less video-game skill, or in the case of kids, who are too small to reach controls, is just not right. Why would they want people to have an awful time?
Not sure this is possible with the ride but I wonder if they could override manual controls to autopilot if the pilot is that bad.

Honestly one of the most enjoyable rides was when we attempted a worst possible run. You can have a lot of fun with a bad run, but everybody has to be okay with a bad run. The ride is decent overall.

I honestly don't see this any different as a ride on ST. You go through meteors, get shot at, crash into creatures, go the wrong way swerving around, hit the breaks real hard. Just my opinion.
And if you want more control then ask to be pilots, then the crashing or lack of it, is on you

I honestly don't see this any different as a ride on ST. You go through meteors, get shot at, crash into creatures, go the wrong way swerving around, hit the breaks real hard. Just my opinion.
It's not so much the movement, but just the lack of paying attention that's frustrating.

It's not so much the movement, but just the lack of paying attention that's frustrating.
Ive said this before here and other threads, they need to add instruction videos to the queue so people have an idea on what to do.
The majority of people don't know or think they can actually change the outcome of the ride, there needs to be clearer instructions

Ive said this before here and other threads, they need to add instruction videos to the queue so people have an idea on what to do.
The majority of people don't know or think they can actually change the outcome of the ride, there needs to be clearer instructions

I don't disagree with that.

But I don't think some will pay attention to the video either. I just wish it wasn't just so dependent on others performance.

I don't disagree with that.

But I don't think some will pay attention to the video either. I just wish it wasn't just so dependent on others performance.
Again, if it's important to you, you can ask to be the pilot.
I think videos will convey the information in a better way, especially non English speakers, maybe not all will pay attention but most will, better than just handing a piece of cardboard that people definitely not read

The fact that I have seen so many reports like this is concerning. It should not be the case that guests are having unpleasant experiences on any disney ride.
If it helps, I'll give an opposing view... I've flown 7 missions so far, haven't been a pilot yet, and was a single rider filling in seats for larger groups each time. 6 of 7 times, our pilots had no clue what they were doing, a couple times the gunners and/or engineers were equally clueless. And I had a GREAT TIME every time! In fact, I think I had more fun on the couple missions that were epic disasters than I did on the one where everyone knew what they were doing and tried their best. This in no way is meant to diminish how anyone else feels about it all - I'm just saying it's not all bad experiences, and maybe some of it has to do with choosing to enjoy whatever the ride winds up being and not getting too mired down in the details.

Do you really have that much affect on the overall ride? My husband and I rode it once at Disneyland last month and it seemed like the controls were slow to respond and we didn't have as much control of it as we expected. When it told the pilot on the right to go to warp and my husband pulled the lever immediately, he said it took a while to respond to his action. It left us wondering how much control you really have over it. I know it's some, but it still seemed like it's maybe not totally in your hands. We still had a blast and the others with us had fun too. Just got us wondering...

Do you really have that much affect on the overall ride? My husband and I rode it once at Disneyland last month and it seemed like the controls were slow to respond and we didn't have as much control of it as we expected. When it told the pilot on the right to go to warp and my husband pulled the lever immediately, he said it took a while to respond to his action. It left us wondering how much control you really have over it. I know it's some, but it still seemed like it's maybe not totally in your hands. We still had a blast and the others with us had fun too. Just got us wondering...
I’ve found the pilot controls to be extremely sensitive at DHS...

Maybe it was a glitch. When I pulled the lever (which is an amazing experience) we immediately went into hyperspace. It’s kinda like racing video games- you have total control but there is an (invisible) track the ship follows. I think there’s only one point at which the ship can crash though. I thought it always crashed at that point til my fifth or sixth time when the left pilot apparently time the brakes right and we did not crash. We still fell though.

Does anyone have a clue if the Extra, Extra magic hours will extend into next summer for SWGE? Specifically July of 2020. Or if there will be any Extra Magic hours in effect to allow for the crowds that will undoubtedly still be around in the summer of 2020?
We are going over July 4th week and I am not apposed to getting up at the crack of dawn , if it ensures me getting into SWGE and on the 2 rides.
Any incite would be greatly appreciated. Trying to schedule our week and book dining accordingly.

Does anyone have a clue if the Extra, Extra magic hours will extend into next summer for SWGE? Specifically July of 2020. Or if there will be any Extra Magic hours in effect to allow for the crowds that will undoubtedly still be around in the summer of 2020?
We are going over July 4th week and I am not apposed to getting up at the crack of dawn , if it ensures me getting into SWGE and on the 2 rides.
Any incite would be greatly appreciated. Trying to schedule our week and book dining accordingly.
Very doubtful. Disney created these hours in anticipation of high opening crowds.

How does it impact getting into the park at opening? I have a 9:45 ressie for currently a 9:00am opening.
Boarding groups haven’t been in use so you likely won’t have to worry about it but you’ll be guaranteed entry with your reservation. They don’t let you in earlier than park open though because your reservation is after the park opens.

Boarding groups haven’t been in use so you likely won’t have to worry about it but you’ll be guaranteed entry with your reservation. They don’t let you in earlier than park open though because your reservation is after the park opens.

I was there yesterday. Did not get crowded until 11 am. My Savi’s res was for 12:30 and they took me at 8:30.

My droid build was for 10:30 and we entered at 10. By 11 we were in Ogas with an 11:30 res. You will be fine.

Ogas for us was one and done. Very crowded, very loud, not a fun experience.

It is around Christmastime - so possibility of the boarding groups? If they were in place, would I need to enter one, or does the reservation act independently of that?

We have DW reservations for Dec 13-18 2019. Tried to make reservations for the 2 SWGE rides this morning and no go. Called and got the our ticket will be scanned at the HS enterance. Once we get inside (Big Brother watching anyone) we need to log into the MyDisney App then be put into a Queue (if there is one at that time) to enter SWGE. From there we get into a line for either Rise of the Resistance or Smugglers Run. Just confirming that's the case with folks here.

We have DW reservations for Dec 13-18 2019. Tried to make reservations for the 2 SWGE rides this morning and no go. Called and got the our ticket will be scanned at the HS enterance. Once we get inside (Big Brother watching anyone) we need to log into the MyDisney App then be put into a Queue (if there is one at that time) to enter SWGE. From there we get into a line for either Rise of the Resistance or Smugglers Run. Just confirming that's the case with folks here.
There are no Fastpasses for either SWGE attraction.

The virtual queue is not necessarily going to be in use either. So far the only time it’s been used is opening day. If it is used there will be signage and notifications in the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!