***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

Could they not have limited each guest to 1 timeslot between opening and the end of June? I would think it would be pretty easy to control, since you need a Disney account to book a timeslot, right?
People would then create multiple accounts. Those with a hotel reservation and an AP could also still book a regular reservation in addition to the one they receive with the reservation which many still did anyways. There is no clean way to do this. It's like a dining reservation. One can book multiple of the same place on the same day if they wanted.

I don't see how WDW is going to be able to handle the onsite hotel guests, let alone the general public for its grand opening. If I'm paying onsite hotel prices then I better be able to get into the land. How in the world is this going to work?
Yet to be seen of course. I think WDW certainly has some sort of plan and it will not just be a free for all.

Craigslist already has listings in California selling slots to accompany the registered guest, up to 5, they did not ask for the names of the five guests when registering, the slots are being listed for $150 to $250 each

Craigslist already has listings in California selling slots to accompany the registered guest, up to 5, they did not ask for the names of the five guests when registering, the slots are being listed for $150 to $250 each
People that are doing this seem to have hotel reservations.

Yikes. This is pretty rough news for general guests, considering the reports of how many hotel guests booked several regular reservations in addition to their hotel slot. That should not have been allowed, IMO.

Disney dropped the ball on limiting people to one visit. Bummer for all those who were disappointed today!
I think this won't happen in WDW if they were to give out some sort of reservation, the reason being that WDW has the magic band. DSL doesn't. So it shouldn't be too hard to limit each magic band, which represent one and only one person, to have only one time slot during whatever time period. Once that account has a reservation, no further reservations can be made. It's the same way with fastpasses. They limit how many fastpass you can make in a day, how many days you make fastpasses, and which tier of fastpass you have, all in advance. You can't do that in DSL. Then to get into GE, you just scan your band, which is much more elegant and effective than manually checking ID, which I imagine will take a while.

How would WDW give out reservations? They can do something like this: you have to have a minimum 4 night stay at a Disney hotel with a 4 day park ticket (or AP). For that, you can make a 4 hour reservation, just ONE, during the opening month. That should be good enough for everybody living on site to have a chance. Off site guests probably won't be able to get in because there are so many on site hotels.

They asked for names when I registered. Anyone buying is going to be very disappointed. As a prior poster said it must be hotel reservations.

FWIW I have a friend who works in upper level management for DVC reservations and she is still being told that no reservation system will be required here at WDW for anyone.
Again I am assuming they will assess the DL opening and maybe change their minds but as of now it is not in the plans for WDW

Last edited:
FWIW I have a friend who works in upper level management for DVC reservations and she is still being told that no reservation system will be required here at WDW for anyone.
Again I am assuming they will assess the DL opening and maybe change their minds but as of now it is not in the plans for WDW
My bet, would be a "fastpass" for SWGE.

I’m not saying a reservation system will be in use necessarily but I think they are going to do something to limit crowds.

I don't see how WDW is going to be able to handle the onsite hotel guests, let alone the general public for its grand opening. If I'm paying onsite hotel prices then I better be able to get into the land. How in the world is this going to work?

I don't think they'd run into much in the way of a PR problem there. The limited capacity is pretty clear. Any one who has the bad luck to miss out will not be able to drum up much sympathy. It's a huge risk.

I booked my reservation for Monday June 4th and it came through with Sunday June 3rd.

I didn't worry too much about it and didn't want to call DL as I knew they would be super busy but I have seen on Twitter that others have had the same problem and Disney won't rectify it for them. Some have said that they now can't make the reservation as it is for the wrong day.

Luckily we are still there so can swap our plans around but it is a little annoying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter