***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

They chose to announce the opening of Toy Story Land on Good Morning America. People were just suggesting they could do the same for Galaxy's Edge.
I think it would be safe to say that it would be a mistake to miss out on the cross-promotional opportunity of making that announcement either on GMA or on The View.

I think it would be safe to say that it would be a mistake to miss out on the cross-promotional opportunity of making that announcement either on GMA or on The View.
If they do the same as the other lands recently they likely will have specials on GMA, The View, Nightline and anything else they can. They used to preview food on The Chew but that is no longer on TV.

I finally had to sign up because this is literally driving me nuts. I just booked a week in May (around Memorial Day) hoping the opening is then and I can whittle down my days (I can really only go out for 2 due to some other obligations in June) when they make an announcement.

If they announced Pandora, which honestly was probably nothing compared to GE, on 2/7/17 when they were opening at the end of May, is it safe to say that we won’t have a GE opening at the end of May because it’s too close?

I have a friend who works for the construction company that’s doing backstage work in GE in WDW (which I am less focused on at this point) and he says WDW is far behind by quite a lot.

I finally had to sign up because this is literally driving me nuts. I just booked a week in May (around Memorial Day) hoping the opening is then and I can whittle down my days (I can really only go out for 2 due to some other obligations in June) when they make an announcement.

If they announced Pandora, which honestly was probably nothing compared to GE, on 2/7/17 when they were opening at the end of May, is it safe to say that we won’t have a GE opening at the end of May because it’s too close?

I have a friend who works for the construction company that’s doing backstage work in GE in WDW (which I am less focused on at this point) and he says WDW is far behind by quite a lot.

All rumors are pointing towards a June opening. Bob Iger in a interview stated that Galaxy Edge will also open in June at Disneyland but Disney still haven't made an official announcement. I expect an announcement later this month on Good Morning America about the same time they announced Toy Story Land. My guess is that it will be a late June opening with possible previews and soft openings for guests.

All rumors are pointing towards a June opening. Bob Iger in a interview stated that Galaxy Edge will also open in June at Disneyland but Disney still haven't made an official announcement. I expect an announcement later this month on Good Morning America about the same time they announced Toy Story Land. My guess is that it will be a late June opening with possible previews and soft openings for guests.
Yep. Blackout dates show this as well.

Star Wars Galaxy Edge promotional posters via WDWNT on twitter:
Dz253eQXgAAt2HH.jpg

Dz253ehX4AAY9kI.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter