***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

I do worry that Disney are going to try and be clever here and not announce DL's opening date until May 4th. As Iger has just said himself on the earnings call, these lands need very little marketing.
Yeah I was a bit surprised. Looks like we will have to wait a bit longer.

I do worry that Disney are going to try and be clever here and not announce DL's opening date until May 4th. As Iger has just said himself on the earnings call, these lands need very little marketing.
Maybe Disney is waiting to see how many people will book trips "just in case"? Since no one knows yet, some will book early to avoid it. Others will book later to see it. Seems like there are definitely two sides with little gray area - people who REALLY want to see it and people who REALLY want to avoid it this year due to crowds.

Maybe Disney is waiting to see how many people will book trips "just in case"? Since no one knows yet, some will book early to avoid it. Others will book later to see it. Seems like there are definitely two sides with little gray area - people who REALLY want to see it and people who REALLY want to avoid it this year due to crowds.
I don’t think that’s it. People can and will rebook different dates once it’s actually announced.

When they announced TSL on GMA was there any hint of it happening or was it a complete surprise? Any teaser trailer for the show?

When they announced TSL on GMA was there any hint of it happening or was it a complete surprise? Any teaser trailer for the show?

They posted a picture on social media of slinky dog coaster train in Times Square and then said to tune in to GMA with a date. I’m sure they will do something similar for when they announce Star Wars Land. For Pandora I believe they announced it at the quarterly earnings report.

They posted a picture on social media of slinky dog coaster train in Times Square and then said to tune in to GMA with a date. I’m sure they will do something similar for when they announce Star Wars Land. For Pandora I believe they announced it at the quarterly earnings report.
Yes Pandora was announced Feb. 7th, 2017 ;)

Thank you.

I just want to know the opening date NOW please Disney!

Seems like they have been position “Fall” as the time to go fo all the big new stuff as they have said Galaxey’s Edge, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Mine Train, Illuminations Replacement, and Skyliner are all to come in “Fall” ... so not sure if trying to get people to book just in case trips for GE specifically

And then for people that want to avoid Galaxy’s Edge (or at least the craziness of opening) trying to get them before “Fall” - plus free dining in summer through Sept

I personally believe they wont announce the opening day for GE til Celebration. Likely Disney Parks Panel? What is this GMA date you speak of?

I personally believe they wont announce the opening day for GE til Celebration. Likely Disney Parks Panel? What is this GMA date you speak of?

GMA = Good Morning America. They announced the opening of Toy story land on the show.

Last edited:
I don’t know. That seems a bit late to announce the opening for Disneyland.

For WDW they could announce it then but I think they might wait until summer to announce a date for WDW.

I don’t know. That seems a bit late to announce the opening for Disneyland.

For WDW they could announce it then but I think they might wait until summer to announce a date for WDW.

It's not out of the realm of possibility though - I am pretty sure the Free Dining promo will stop being sold after next week, and depending on the extra bookings they were able to rack up from that they MIGHT announce early. If there are still lots of rooms to fill up to Sept 30, then I could see them releasing another room discount to try and pack the hotels through 9/30 before making the official WDW opening announcement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter