***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

I think it's pretty much guaranteed that the park (DHS) will close for capacity every day once regular opening happens for SWGE. DHS capacity is around the 75k, Disney is estimating 200k people a day to come FOR SWGE, meaning that it will instantly hit capacity before 10am.
This is why I'm already saving money for any type of paid preview. They did it with Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout ($150) and Pixar Pier ($299)

If we are staying onsite and have a scheduled FP at SWGE would we get in if they are at capacity?

If we have a 6pm FP were aren't going to be there to get in at 8am.

If we are staying onsite and have a scheduled FP at SWGE would we get in if they are at capacity?

there are phases of closure, in this case you would be the last group to be locked out. We will have to wait and see how Disney is going to arrange crowd control and access to both the land and the park

there are phases of closure, in this case you would be the last group to be locked out. We will have to wait and see how Disney is going to arrange crowd control and access to both the land and the park
....and Fast Passes! I'm sure it'll be like Pandora where you can only choose 1 Tier One attraction. Hopefully TSL rides will now fall to the next tier!

....and Fast Passes! I'm sure it'll be like Pandora where you can only choose 1 Tier One attraction. Hopefully TSL rides will now fall to the next tier!
they might do MFSR, SWRotR and SDD as Tier 1, leave the rest for Tier 2.

I would think so. And with pandora, when the park was open but hey would have a line to get into the land if you had a FP you could skip the line if you were like within 20mins of your FP time

I can't believe there will only be 2 rides! Is there room for expansion? I know Pandora only has two rides, but the Avatar movie is nothing compared to Star Wars franchise.

Last edited:
I can't believe there will only be 2 rides! Is there room for expansion? I know Pandora only has to rides, but the Avatar movie is nothing compared to Star Wars franchise.
I get what you're saying, there will be interactive stuff going on all around though. I can say from a super SW fan point of view, I'm just as happy with just being immersed in the land. If they go as immersive as Diagon Alley (1 ride) and Hogsmead (2 rides) at Universal, I'll be super happy. I'm also a HP fan and can spend at least 2 or 3 hours in those lands between the rides, the stores, food and general atmosphere

Sorry, my personal abbreviation for Smuggler's Run is gonna be SmugR... I just can't help it, as Han Solo was one of my favorite characters as a kid and he's more than a little smug. ;)

I would think so. And with pandora, when the park was open but hey would have a line to get into the land if you had a FP you could skip the line if you were like within 20mins of your FP time

I remember that, but AK itself was never in a phased closing that I remember. So you could still get into the park to get to the FP line.

Right now we are looking at being there Dec. 21-Jan. 3rd.

The current plan is to be at DHS 4 days. We figured with FP tiering we would get to ride each SWGE ride twice. However I just realised we forgot about the Mickey ride. We would definitely jump on an after dark event, but it seems they don't have those during the holidays.

Would love to hear your experience, it will help people waiting for the opening here in Orlando

I will definitely report back and without spoilers!

Thanks for starting the thread - will be fun to follow along ....

So when is it opening exactly? ;)

j/k - but is fun to speculate, and how the openings will work (previews - for DVC/APs or paid?)

I’m interested to see paid preview prices. I can really see them being $750 plus with Disney’s current greed and that’s me low balling!

I can't believe there will only be 2 rides! Is there room for expansion? I know Pandora only has two rides, but the Avatar movie is nothing compared to Star Wars franchise.
2 rides should be enough when you compare it to Hogsmeade. The key to Hogsmeade's success (to me) was the "immersiveness" of the main ride (the queue especially) and the other "interactive" experiences such as the wand "show" and simply the dining and shopping.

So the key is how much Disney makes the "land" immersive. For me -- the rides at Pandora are pretty great, but the look of the land and the immersiveness of something like the robot walker "show" brings it to a whole different level.

Hopefully SWGE takes the immersiveness of Pandora and Harry Potter to a whole different level.

For me .. if it doesn't open while I still have an AP .. I probably will just either wait a year or desperately try to get in the Star Wars Hotel when it opens. If, what the rumors say are accurate, that that hotel stay will give you exclusive access to the land (which one would think means some sort of VIP access (or a time when regular guests aren't there (early morning or late at night)) .. I would be all over that as opposed to worrying about getting a FP.

If there is a "early morning Magic" for Star Wars land -- I suspect it will be a hot commodity .. but probably WAY worth the price. Definitely a difference of paying for exclusive access to an "immersive" land as opposed to something just like Toy Story Land or Fantasyland. (where you are mainly just going for the rides).

If there is a "early morning Magic" for Star Wars land -- I suspect it will be a hot commodity .. but probably WAY worth the price. Definitely a difference of paying for exclusive access to an "immersive" land as opposed to something just like Toy Story Land or Fantasyland. (where you are mainly just going for the rides).

Agree with this - and interested in what the price will be!

Agree with this - and interested in what the price will be!
I could easily see it costing as much (or more) than a single day ticket.
I see it being .. access to the land (without the "normal" guests) -- a breakfast at the restaurant -- unlimited rides on the two rides and some 3rd trilogy character meet and greets (in other words ones from Force Awakens/Last Jedi only). Simply the ability to "take it in" without being shoulder to shoulder or worrying about rushing to a FP or dining reservation would be worth it.
(Though it doesn't seem like there is any space for meet and greets anywhere in the land unless they are going to do them like Toy Story Land and just have them in a little nook somewhere.

But .. I would want to know how "limited" it truly is before signing up. But I doubt Disney would every say what the limit is. I don't want to pay as much as a park ticket and find out I still need to wait 30+ minutes for the rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter