***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

I remember seeing an interview where he said he wanted purple so he could tell who he was in a wide shot with a lot of fighters (he used a lot more colorful language though)....of course he also said that captain marvel can time travel. So he's prone to just trolling all of us...
I was trying t remember where I heard him talk about the mystery of his purple saber, it is watching Attack of the Clones with commentary (God I'm such a nerd) :D

that's the thing with Disney....never expect anything. It's the sad reality that a lot of people have to come to terms with. I really do understand the frustration, look, here we are 5 months away from our WDW opening and they still have not changed operating times, we expect they will be extended, we expect that EMH will be added to DHS morning and/or night, but until that happens never plan with that in mind.
That's why I don't go to the rumors page, even if most of the rumors come true I never expect anything until Disney announces it
I never COUNT ON anything until Disney announces it.

But the reality is that businesses DO build up expectations in their customer base all the time. Deliberately so in very many cases. They often invest a ton in creating those expectations, in fact.

But all of that aside, I think that there is data that suggests that in steady state, FP is better for a HEADLINER. Max times for something like Space Mountain are more reasonable these days than many years past, despite increasing attendance. It’s the attractions with LESSER demand that have suffered with FP — think Small World.

With that, after an initial rush, FP would make more sense for the SWGE rides than not.

Yes....never expect anything specific. As long as you don't expect anything specific, you can reliably expect an very enjoyable vacation.
it really is all about the attitude you come with. If you are predisposed to look for crowds, dirty bathroom, unhappy CM, bad service, you most def will find it
If you come with a plan that is flexible and realistic, and come with a positive attitude to have fun and enjoy the ride that is coming to WDW you will have a very different experience.
I see it all the times in the parks, you have the people that plan and bring binders and are go go go and have the negative attitude and they have a bad time
I see visitors that you can tell is their first time, basically after walking through the tapstiles is the first time they open a park map, they have no clue on fp or how it works and they have an awesome time

I never COUNT ON anything until Disney announces it.

But the reality is that businesses DO build up expectations in their customer base all the time. Deliberately so in very many cases. They often invest a ton in creating those expectations, in fact.

But all of that aside, I think that there is data that suggests that in steady state, FP is better for a HEADLINER. Max times for something like Space Mountain are more reasonable these days than many years past, despite increasing attendance. It’s the attractions with LESSER demand that have suffered with FP — think Small World.

With that, after an initial rush, FP would make more sense for the SWGE rides than not.
tell me about it. It bothers me to no end when I see the WDW commercial and Mickey or Cinderella are by the castle hub hugging the children running towards them. I mean if I had never been here I would watch that commercial and expect that to happen

tell me about it. It bothers me to no end when I see the WDW commercial and Mickey or Cinderella are by the castle hub hugging the children running towards them. I mean if I had never been here I would watch that commercial and expect that to happen
My favorite is the near-empty SWGE rendering... the photoshopped version is far more accurate... ;)

if the land is ready they need to start seeing money coming back. Again not unprecedented and actually you can trace this practice as far back as the opening of New Orleans Square at DL. The new land (New Orleans Square) was advertised from the beginning with Pirates and Haunted Mansion as the attractions. It opened on July 24th 1966 with only a few shops and restaurants. Pirates of the Caribbean and Blue Bayou opened March of 1967 and Haunted Mansion August of 1969
The land was ready and Walt decided to open it to start seeing money back on the investment
Huh, never knew that.

I thought DL SWGE had an initial projected opening for Summer 2019? What I don't know is if Disney uses their fiscal calendar for release time frames or a traditional calendar. For HS SWGE, I feel very confident they'll hit late fall as the baseline from DL will already be captured.

What was interesting is the phrase "opening later this year". Later to me, in a calendar year, says well past June.

It is possible, although extremely unlikely, that DL SWGE will have RotR open just past June or even by May 31. I've been a part of marketing approaches using phased releases to relieve stakeholder expectations and then when you actually deliver the product "on time", the team gets major accolades (and in actuality we just performed per the contract terms); it was pure posturing.

yes DL had summer and then Iger let it slip that it was opening in June

I do think it is possible that the entire land could have been ready no issue by end of summer and potentially even by the end of June - but maybe they got a little worried that there could be hold ups with RotR or that at least it would be pushing it to get it done by then and rather than risk it they said move people off of that to get everything else done by May 31st and get the land open and get some return on their investment, and because of that it pushed back RotR a little bit because not as many people were dedicated to it and plus, separate out the "grand openings" makes more fiscal sense as well and just takes pressure off getting some brand new tech to work right - and not just work right once but work right hundreds of times a day with little to no downtime

I don't know - it could be any of hundreds of things and like most things in life, likely isn't any one thing. I just think it is hard to say, knowing only what we know, that the reason they are opening part of the land early is due to bad project management

Can't we just be happy they are opening anything early?

They are going to have to do some kind of sign-up system. Aren't only 20 people allowed in each of those shops at once?

I believe only announced for the lightsaber shop - I don't think any sort of limit for the others, but clearly you can't have thousands of people in there trying to build droids at the same time so will have to have some sort of queue system or return time (even if not a "sign up for a time slot ahead of time" thing)

I might be in the minority but I am actually more interested in the droids based on the potential for them to interact with other droids and the land itself. I mean, the lightsabe is cool, but then it is just a "thing" to have in your house, vs something that adds to your experience in the land

it really is all about the attitude you come with. If you are predisposed to look for crowds, dirty bathroom, unhappy CM, bad service, you most def will find it
If you come with a plan that is flexible and realistic, and come with a positive attitude to have fun and enjoy the ride that is coming to WDW you will have a very different experience.
I see it all the times in the parks, you have the people that plan and bring binders and are go go go and have the negative attitude and they have a bad time
I see visitors that you can tell is their first time, basically after walking through the tapstiles is the first time they open a park map, they have no clue on fp or how it works and they have an awesome time

I do think the best vacations there are the ones where you have some sort of plan, but that you are willing to adjust that plan and go with the flow and take in those magical moments that happen unexpectedly

I agree that those that have every second mapped out and then go into a tizy when something gets off - or just have unrealistic expectations for how much they will get done - will have a negative experience ... but also those that go in with no plan and then are like, huh, there are a lot of lines here, what should we do? Also come out with a negative experience

having realistic expectations, picking out the handful of "must dos" and then going with the flow for the rest I think make for the best WDW trips

I believe only announced for the lightsaber shop - I don't think any sort of limit for the others, but clearly you can't have thousands of people in there trying to build droids at the same time so will have to have some sort of queue system or return time (even if not a "sign up for a time slot ahead of time" thing)

I might be in the minority but I am actually more interested in the droids based on the potential for them to interact with other droids and the land itself. I mean, the lightsabe is cool, but then it is just a "thing" to have in your house, vs something that adds to your experience in the land
I agree, I am much more inclined to build a droid than a light saber

I got struck hard with the flu this weekend. Between NyQuil, reading all these SW threads and watching the TNT marathon in and out of naps, I kept dreaming about standing in endless lines, not knowing if I was even in the right place!

I got struck hard with the flu this weekend. Between NyQuil, reading all these SW threads and watching the TNT marathon in and out of naps, I kept dreaming about standing in endless lines, not knowing if I was even in the right place!

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear you were sick! I had that 2 weeks ago (Influenza A is the one going around here the most) and I'm STILL not back to 100%. :(

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear you were sick! I had that 2 weeks ago (Influenza A is the one going around here the most) and I'm STILL not back to 100%. :(

That’s what we have (Flu A). So far it’s just DH and I but he’s coming out of it quickly thanks to Tamiflu. I’m about 2 days behind him.

Anyway, sorry to derail. But I knew my fellow SW fans would appreciate my illness nightmare be related to waiting in lines :rotfl:

that's true but not all attraction and shows offer fp. So saying that guests staying onsite they EXPECT to have fp available means that said guests do not know that not all attractions have that option. Like others have said, I would understand if they said that the ride would offer fp and then they took that away I would be frustrated. But Disney NEVER said this attraction would have fp, once they announced they made sure to say it wouldn't offer it, so guests staying onsite or off should not be frustrated
I hope I didn't give the impression that I was frustrated, I'm not. I enjoy reading all the posts because I have Disney withdrawl, and can't wait for my next trip, SWGE or not. But don't all headliner rides have FP+ access? I think they do.

Yes....never expect anything specific. As long as you don't expect anything specific, you can reliably expect an very enjoyable vacation.
This is so true. Disney mystifies me and....always keeps me guessing. It's one of the most complex vacations to plan with ADR's, FP+ and Park openings and closings set up the way they are.

Nothing and I am not sure Disney has a set time frame yet. They are going no-FP because they want the flow in loading these attractions to be smooth. It could be a year before they add it. Universal did similar things with Potter and Express Pass.

I hope it is not that long, but I could see it going that way.

I've never been to Disneyland, so I haven't experienced how the fast passes work there, other than my daughter telling me you get them from a kiosk, and have to wait in line to get one. It will definitely be different than the FP+ system I'm used to. Either way, whether they give them out or not, there will be long wait lines.

I've never been to Disneyland, so I haven't experienced how the fast passes work there, other than my daughter telling me you get them from a kiosk, and have to wait in line to get one. It will definitely be different than the FP+ system I'm used to. Either way, whether they give them out or not, there will be long wait lines.
They also have a paid max pass. Seems like best of both worlds between legacy fp and fp+

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter