***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

NEWS/RUMOR

Disney testing X-Wing drones over GE

https://blogmickey.com/2019/11/disney-will-fly-x-wing-drones-over-star-wars-galaxys-edge/Excellent!!! That would be an awesome addition!

Unfortunately, it seems just for the media event on the 4th (maybe they'll use on opening day, the 5th as well). In all honesty, given their size and I assume cost/complexity to operate, I kind of understand why they wouldn't be used year round. I honestly thought when they said drones they would smaller and fly lower to the ground to give a similar look. In which case, I could have seen those operating on a regular basis.

Unfortunately, it seems just for the media event on the 4th (maybe they'll use on opening day, the 5th as well). In all honesty, given their size and I assume cost/complexity to operate, I kind of understand why they wouldn't be used year round. I honestly thought when they said drones they would smaller and fly lower to the ground to give a similar look. In which case, I could have seen those operating on a regular basis.
It’s still a possible hazard though. That’s why the Disney Springs drone show was operated over water. Those drones were quite small. Disney can’t risk that.

Bummer. I get the liability issue, but wasn’t flying drones one of the things Disney originally advertised would be regularly occurring in the land? Methinks Disney got way out ahead of its skis in advertising what it *would* do with SWGE without actually stopping to consider whether it *could* do a lot of it 😐

Wouldn't the cost though mean they might break them out from time to time? Maybe around Star Wars weekend?

Could we see them possibly on "planet days" with the new Star Wars Starship experience?

Sorry to interrupt the flow here. I'll be heading to SWGE in December and I have a question regarding pronunciation of Vi Moradi, Is Vi pronounced like a long "e' as in Vee or is it a long "i" as in Vai. Haven't seen all the newer movies yet. Thx

Sorry to interrupt the flow here. I'll be heading to SWGE in December and I have a question regarding pronunciation of Vi Moradi, Is Vi pronounced like a long "e' as in Vee or is it a long "i" as in Vai. Haven't seen all the newer movies yet. Thx
She's not a character in any movie, she is the protagonist in the Black Spire book by Delilah Dawson

According to info posted by @yulilin3 , all guests should have the opportunity to enter Studios possibly as early as 7:00a on the 5th and then be walked over to SWGE before 7:30.

By scheduling it this way, the rope drop crowd is spread out and isn’t limited to only onsite guests.

they loss tons of money with the EEMH, I think they are being more guarded this time, and yes I also fully expect the land to open before official time. This has happened since Pandora so it's not a new thing
Do you think they are missing (as opposed to losing) out on a ton of money by not offering the EMM for this?

also, prior to opening did FoP get as much hype as ROTR? I don't recall as I didn't become as big of a WDW fan until after Pandora opened..

Do you think they are missing (as opposed to losing) out on a ton of money by not offering the EMM for this?

also, prior to opening did FoP get as much hype as ROTR? I don't recall as I didn't become as big of a WDW fan until after Pandora opened..
Yes Pandora got a lot of hype before opening. The difference is we had DVC, AP and CM previews and still on opening day it was madness. The land closed for the entire day only opening back later in the day while people left. And it's still pretty busy every morning
I think Disney is doing the right thing by not offering any paid events for this land just yet. They may be losing money but they also have the PR aspect to think about. This is the reason why the first 3 days of SWGE opening there were no EMH offered, it was same level for everyone

Yes Pandora got a lot of hype before opening. The difference is we had DVC, AP and CM previews and still on opening day it was madness. The land closed for the entire day only opening back later in the day while people left. And it's still pretty busy every morning
I think Disney is doing the right thing by not offering any paid events for this land just yet. They may be losing money but they also have the PR aspect to think about. This is the reason why the first 3 days of SWGE opening there were no EMH offered, it was same level for everyone
That's cool....because this time, unlike when the land opened, we won't be there until day 4 of RotR opening ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter