***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

Again not sure if this has been posted, I'm sure this week will see a lot of double and triple posting of same info, but according to this person the single rider line bypasses a lot of the regular queue including Hondo and his explanation of the mission
At the end of the attraction they have the drinking fountain with water bottle capability to fill it up
I have listened to a lot of these teasers from people who have experienced SWGE firsthand and I can just feel their excitement! I fully expect to be in tears when we actually walk into the land. We're devoting 2 full mornings to SWGE on the first 2 opening days and I'm hoping it's enough. ... really keeping this coming trip open which is not like me at all. We have never been in August and I know it'll be hot but gosh, this past week (May 16-23) was in the low 90's most every day. Planning on lots of resort down-time but I WILL sacrifice that if we need more time in SWGE!
You know what I would think would sell very well for SWGE? I special, limited number of people package to just take pictures. I have so many friends that are SW bounding and all they talk about is wanting to take pictures everywhere without people around.
My daughter is in the process of getting an outfit together to wear. If you are not familiar with our Star Wars Weekends threads of years past she's the one that likes to dress up
This was her in her Padme nightgown and necklace which her brother made for her and I saw they will sell at SWGE in 2010
View attachment 403382
and this was her as Sabine with Sabine in 2015.
View attachment 403383
She made both of her costumes and now she's basically looking for SW bounding pieces to mix and match
Amazing! I would love to disneybound (or should we say StarWarsbound) but will probably settle for some cool tshirts.

Last edited:
I have listened to a lot of these teasers from people who have experienced SWGE firsthand and I can just feel their excitement! I fully expect to be in tears when we actually walk into the land. We're devoting 2 full mornings to SWGE on the first 2 opening days and I'm hoping it's enough. ... really keeping this coming trip open which is not like me at all. We have never been in August and I know it'll be hot but gosh, this past week (May 16-23) was in the low 90's most every day. Planning on lots of resort down-time but I WILL sacrifice that if we need more time in SWGE!

Amazing! I would love to disneybound (or should we say StarWarsbound) but will probably settle for some cool tshirts.
I want a t-shirt that says, " I went to Batuu and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

By Brady MacDonald - OC Register.
  • Like any traveler, the first word you’re likely to learn is “hello.” Batuu has two greetings depending on the time of day. “Bright suns” is the appropriate salutation during the day. “Rising moons” works for the evening. Think of them as the equivalent of “good morning” and “good evening.”
  • The most common phrase you are likely to hear shouted in Galaxy’s Edge is “Til the Spires.” It’s one of several ways of saying farewell. But Batuuans often turn it into a fervent rallying cry. Say it with the panache of an Italian “arrivederci.”
    • You can also say goodbye with the more formal “May the spires keep you” or the more casual “Good journey.”
    • Children in Black Spire Outpost are referred to as “younglings.” Or possibly “padawans” if they are particularly strong with the Force. The littlest ones travel via “youngling transport” — or what we on Earth would call a stroller.
    • Restrooms in Galaxy’s Edge are known as “refreshers.” Water fountains are “hydrators.”
Full article -> https://www.ocregister.com/2019/05/27/all-the-star-wars-lingo-you-need-to-know-to-speak-like-a-black-spire-native-while-in-disneylands-galaxys-edge/

Very cool photos ... saw these others posted - i think it is pretty cool how the Black Spires look from Frontierland - they definitely look different and foreign but also sort of go together and not totally out of place

Few notes for DL guests...

DL guests can check in for their SWGE reservation 2 hours before their time slot. This means those who have the 8AM slot can check in at 6AM. Nothing in the park outside of merchandise and select food and beverage will open until 8 though.

Each entrance will be used but each time slot uses a different entrance. At check in you will be given the entrance to use. There is no need to queue up before your time slot.

Few notes for DL guests...

DL guests can check in for their SWGE reservation 2 hours before their time slot. This means those who have the 8AM slot can check in at 6AM. Nothing in the park outside of merchandise and select food and beverage will open until 8 though.

Each entrance will be used but each time slot uses a different entrance. At check in you will be given the entrance to use. There is no need to queue up before your time slot.

interesting with regards to using different entrances per time slot - though makes sense especially if there is an overlap of times / people can line up for next time slot without impacting those entering for the current time slot

And I know it says "no need to queue up before your time slot" but after seeing things like "3 hour wait for Oga's", etc. from the CM previews, I would want to be towards the front of the line for my time slot if I was fortunate to have one

interesting with regards to using different entrances per time slot - though makes sense especially if there is an overlap of times / people can line up for next time slot without impacting those entering for the current time slot

And I know it says "no need to queue up before your time slot" but after seeing things like "3 hour wait for Oga's", etc. from the CM previews, I would want to be towards the front of the line for my time slot if I was fortunate to have one
Also makes sense then to use other entrances as exits to get those at the previous time out of the land.

Also makes sense then to use other entrances as exits to get those at the previous time out of the land.
Now we just need to start watching for trends of which time slots enter an exit which ways. Especially if we want to loop through Critter Country, NOSq, on our way back after SWGE.

and with 3 entrances/exits maybe they use 2 for entrances - one active, one for the next group to line up in and then the 3rd as the exit only

Maybe because I am not going to the land anytime soon that is impacting things - but I feel like I am as interested in the logistics of all of this as much as anything else (or maybe it is just the engineer in me)

I have to admit if I lived in California, I'd be standing at the entrance to Galaxy Edge chanting "OPEN, OPEN"

and with 3 entrances/exits maybe they use 2 for entrances - one active, one for the next group to line up in and then the 3rd as the exit only

Maybe because I am not going to the land anytime soon that is impacting things - but I feel like I am as interested in the logistics of all of this as much as anything else (or maybe it is just the engineer in me)
I am with you. Definitely interested to see how they deal with the logistics side.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter