***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

I think it's smart to require this "no cost reservation" for Disneyland. It'll be the only way to limit access to what will prove to be a very popular area.

I may have just booked a 4th trip to WDW for 2019. Dh is going to kill me, lol! He will probably want to cancel the mid September trip but I want to keep it just in case the second phase will be open. I booked Pop for 8/29-Sept 3 for a long weekend. Hm......I think I was influenced by the force. :darth:

Per this OrlandoParksNews.com article, it sounds like FastPasses will not initially be available for MF:SR when it opens. I am not sure how legit this is or not.

FastPass Availability: Disney FASTPASS service, including access via Disney MaxPass, (at Disneyland Park) and Disney FastPass+ service (at Disney’s Hollywood Studios) will not initially be offered at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.

https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2019/03/disney-reveals-more-details-about-grand.html

I'm so excited, I already had free dining booked at YC starting 8/29 :)

I also have a free dining bounceback at Contemporary for the same dates, and a follow-on free dining at YC that I was going to cancel but may keep. So many possibilities!

Per this OrlandoParksNews.com article, it sounds like FastPasses will not initially be available for MF:SR when it opens. I am not sure how legit this is or not.

FastPass Availability: Disney FASTPASS service, including access via Disney MaxPass, (at Disneyland Park) and Disney FastPass+ service (at Disney’s Hollywood Studios) will not initially be offered at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.

https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2019/03/disney-reveals-more-details-about-grand.html

GOOD

I'm actually kinda bummed. We had planned to go to WDW before the Star Wars hype so we would avoid the MASSIVE crowds and now we'll be there right for the start of it. September 25th-October 1st, damn.

Okay, now that the shock has worn off, I'll just be happy that we have free dining (yay!!!) and that we will be there for some history in the making. I really do hope that they offer some AFTER HOURS or whatever for Star Wars, cause it's a service I'd definitely pay for. Does anyone have any experience with Toy Story gimmicks or remember that opening?

Interesting. I wonder if "initially" is just May 31 - June 23 at Disneyland? I would hope after that, MaxPass is available.

Park Admission: Regular theme park admission is required to enter Disneyland Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. There will not be a separate ticket for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. To visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park between May 31 and June 23, 2019, guests will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land. We’ll share information on how to make a reservation at a later date.

Land Entry: Because we anticipate galactic excitement during the opening months this year, we are planning ahead to deliver the best possible experiences for our guests. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge will be open during normal park operating hours. It will not be included in Extra Magic Hour or Magic Morning at Disneyland Park. It will be open during Extra Magic Hours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Attractions: Disney FASTPASS service, including access via Disney MaxPass, (at Disneyland Park) and Disney FastPass+service (at Disney’s Hollywood Studios) will not initially be offered at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. We will continually evaluate our operations and services in order to help provide a great guest experience.

Planning: You should also note that vacation packages, park tickets and Disney Resort hotel stays do not guarantee access to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The land —including participation in its experiences—will be subject to capacity restraints and other restrictions.

Going Sept 22nd-27th solo, time to change things up on my initial planning!

No Fast Passes, huh? I don't know what to think about that. Anyone got a reason for this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter