**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

My newest strategy with Disney is, don't put off until tomorrow the thing you want to do that is available today, because things can change on a dime and no one knows what the future holds. If it were me, I would only wait if I'm okay with potentially never getting to do it.

Wise words!

L5DxDXR.jpg

but seriously, I don't see any of the SW offerings going away before Galaxy's Edge opens up

Thanks! I think I’m going to cancel and keep my fingers crossed for July. I have done the party before so it wouldn’t be the end of the world if it’s not happening but I really hope it is!

My newest strategy with Disney is, don't put off until tomorrow the thing you want to do that is available today, because things can change on a dime and no one knows what the future holds. If it were me, I would only wait if I'm okay with potentially never getting to do it.

I learned that lesson many years ago after our 1st trip to WDW. My daughters have never really forgiven me for promising to do do River Country “ next time”.

We did this tonight and had an amazing time! The show may not compare to HEA but the spread sure makes up for it. Savory selections included Hummus, Prosciutto, Capicola, Fresh Mozzarealla, Pita and Sun Dried Tomato Feta. Desserts were a step above the normal Dessert Party options and the addition of Adult Beverages make this a superior Dessert Event compared to others we've done. The center stage viewing area with plenty of space to spread out is also a plus.

In addition to the above we were selected as the Family of the Day and my daughter led out the Storm Troopers and the rest of the party to the viewing area. If that weren't enough there was a Blogging Event going on and we got to meet and enjoy some nice conversations with Ryno, Tim Tracker and Big Fat Panda. Quite a memorable evening!

If that weren't enough there was a Blogging Event going on and we got to meet and enjoy some nice conversations with Ryno, Tim Tracker and Big Fat Panda. Quite a memorable evening!
Oh, wow! Love all of those guys!

Sounds like a great evening. Those savory options sound great! Reallllllly looking forward to this now!

Ahh, good memories. I volunteered to do Audience Control a number of times and really enjoyed it.
The Symphony in the Stars fireworks finale was the best I'd ever seen. They should bring it back for GE's opening day.

Agree -- wish I could see this with my kids. My favorite fireworks show ever.

I followed some of the coverage of the SW Tour from Panda yesterday and he mentioned that he learned a lot of things he didn't know....now I do take that with a grain of salt because 1. the tour was paid for by Disney and 2. he usually is very enthusiastic/positive during all these media type events.
A friend of mine did the tour when it first came out, we met here during the SWW years and became actual friends in real life :) she's an avid SW fan and told me it wasn't worth it cause she didn't learn anything new, but now I'm seriously curious if they added extra info and I'm considering doing the tour....maybe

We did this tonight and had an amazing time! The show may not compare to HEA but the spread sure makes up for it. Savory selections included Hummus, Prosciutto, Capicola, Fresh Mozzarealla, Pita and Sun Dried Tomato Feta. Desserts were a step above the normal Dessert Party options and the addition of Adult Beverages make this a superior Dessert Event compared to others we've done. The center stage viewing area with plenty of space to spread out is also a plus.

In addition to the above we were selected as the Family of the Day and my daughter led out the Storm Troopers and the rest of the party to the viewing area. If that weren't enough there was a Blogging Event going on and we got to meet and enjoy some nice conversations with Ryno, Tim Tracker and Big Fat Panda. Quite a memorable evening!

I haven't followed this thread in a REALLY long time. Would you mind letting me know what the "souvenir" is/was? It used to be a stein, but I don't know if it has changed or not.

So WDW News Today is reporting the following from the shareholders meeting: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort will officially open on August 29th, 2019.

Also reporting that there will be no FastPasses at opening for Smugglers Run.

So WDW News Today is reporting the following from the shareholders meeting: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort will officially open on August 29th, 2019.

Also reporting that there will be no FastPasses at opening for Smugglers Run.
I’m totally ok with this. Our trip is 8/14-8/21 and we are not SW people and happy to leave before the chaos starts!!!

Ahh, good memories. I volunteered to do Audience Control a number of times and really enjoyed it.
The Symphony in the Stars fireworks finale was the best I'd ever seen. They should bring it back for GE's opening day.
I totally agree about SitS fireworks. I've seen a lot of shows at both coasts over the years, and this one was amongst the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!