• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Droids will be around the land, people/character/actors will be on rooftops and all around the land. Total immersion. If you are a bad Falcon pilot that will have an affect on your ride experience.

From laughing place...

"The Star Wars Lands take place on a planet that houses a spaceport that has fallen by the wasteside. It is now home to smugglers, bounty hunters, and other types of scoundrels."

New characters throughout the land.

"Food will be cooked using a converted pod racer engine. Blue Milk of course."

"You will be able to assist the Resitence, support the First Order, or take a job from a bounty hunter. The storytelling will happen around you."

"You and your flight crew will control the Millenium Falcon. You won't just ride it. Each person will have a different role."

"Choices will matter. It will not be the same experience for everyone."

"The First Order vs. The Resistence attraction is described as the most epic attraction ever built at Disney."

"Disney has developed a new technology that brings realistic lightsabers into the real world."

"They will be sharing more info about the stories and characters of Star Wars Land at the D23 Expo in July."

hello everyone. I am going to start with the Disney/SW panel that I just came from while everything is still fresh in my mind
The room was filled to capacity with excited Disney and SW fans.Imagineers and Pablo Hidalgo and Doug Chiang from LucasFilm
SWLand will be a complete immersive land that has been there for thousands of years but we will now be allowed to visit, Pablo went as far as saying that they have pinpointed the spot on the SW Universe map where it is, sort of on the outskirts, once this place was a striving land point but after lightspeed became a thing most people just skip it and this has created a great opportunity for people and creatures who do not want to be found, to settle in.
Different species of creatures and droids and people will live in it, some familiar and some brand new.
They showed us a fight scene similar to the Indy/Marion scene of fighting that will take place in this new place, just while people are walking, these fights will happen, there was mention of roofs and ladders...
The Millennium Falcon ride was described by the show creator as something original. You and your crew will pilot it and you will control how bumpy of a ride it will be, basically said that if you want to crash it a couple of times is up to you, in the end you will reach your destination but because of how you treat the ship you might have to answer to someone once off the ride, he even said, you might be followed after that (???) we were all very intrigued
We all left feeling pretty excited, they reiterated the opening for 2019.

On another note and it has already been posted here the new destination for Star Tours will be Crait and Anthony Daniel is going to record his part next week

Galactic Nights report
Arrived at 5pm and was excited to see banners outside DHS. CM seemed genuinely happy, I was given my lanyard and map and got there just in time to see the red carpet being rolled out
17903931_10212827755594479_4117900835883630900_n.jpg

17951886_10212827757794534_574597809273897532_n.jpg

BTW that's CM Jeff one of the BEST CM EVER!!! if you are waiting for SWaGS and he's there for crowd control you are in for a treat
Anyways, got together with some friends and decided to go check Launch Bay since I hadn't had the chance to meet BB8 I was curious to see how long a wait. Well once inside the line said 10 minutes just because they were not allowing anyone other that party guests meet him by 5:30pm, it was really more like 5 minutes, and yes I had a full conversation with him and got my pic. There are photopass photographers inside for those asking
17952721_10212829264152192_876816689515393889_n.jpg

Animation courtyard got some cool 40th anniversary posters
17861444_10212827944599204_1715125095332688857_n.jpg

17904111_10212827944999214_5293983469022445042_n.jpg

grabbed a spot for the motorcade by 6pm because honestly I was exhausted from 2 full days of Celebration, and it was a nice,cool night. The motorcade was fun but they could have at least had the stormtroopers and the other characters walking.
After went straight to the talk show and this was my letdown of the night. For a couple of reasons, 1, it wasn't even half full, I'm not sure people knew what it was about so there wasn't that excited energy. 2, Vanessa Marshall is an amazing voice actor but she was pretty boring as a host, it just felt very rehearsed and tense. 3, when they introduced John Knoll only a handful of people got excited, I'm not sure they even knew who he was, hello!! only chief creative officer and visual designer at ILM, one of the writers of Rogue One. Of course Allan Tudyk got a great applause.
RocknRollercoaster was super fun, 10 minute wait
Star Tours topped at 15 minute wait
TSMM and all the other attractions were walk ons
Got my Hoth picture
17833961_10212830988355296_7114034120313825665_o.jpg

loved all the droids at Animation courtyard
Heard that Rey was in the SWaGFFA show and saw her, spot on, very convincing. After the show I talked with the creator of the show and SWaGS and asked if Rey would be a permanent addition and he did not confirm or deny :)
Loved the neat trick with the lanyards
The goal was to go to each picture background and they gave you a sticker that you would stick to your lanyard, 6 in total. It formed this image
17951501_10212831416285994_2248919520272789206_n.jpg

At the end of the night right before SWaGS, Mark Daniel asked us all to take off our lanyards and lift them up in the air and use the force, of course music and lights started happening. They turned on black light and this is what we saw
17904091_10212831416726005_6895737347798052172_n.jpg

it was really cool seeing all the badges with that same message up in the air
The night never felt crowded, I did not eat during the party so not sure how lines for food where.
For those asking there was confirmation from Disney Parks Blog that this will be a reaccurring party, I'm expecting the next one to be at the release of The Last Jedi

Droids will be around the land, people/character/actors will be on rooftops and all around the land. Total immersion. If you are a bad Falcon pilot that will have an affect on your ride experience.

From laughing place...

"The Star Wars Lands take place on a planet that houses a spaceport that has fallen by the wasteside. It is now home to smugglers, bounty hunters, and other types of scoundrels."

New characters throughout the land.

"Food will be cooked using a converted pod racer engine. Blue Milk of course."

"You will be able to assist the Resitence, support the First Order, or take a job from a bounty hunter. The storytelling will happen around you."

"You and your flight crew will control the Millenium Falcon. You won't just ride it. Each person will have a different role."

"Choices will matter. It will not be the same experience for everyone."

"The First Order vs. The Resistence attraction is described as the most epic attraction ever built at Disney."

"Disney has developed a new technology that brings realistic lightsabers into the real world."

"They will be sharing more info about the stories and characters of Star Wars Land at the D23 Expo in July."

This sounds so much like how Westworld would have started...

That panel was amazing, thanks for posting it! The way they talk about immersion, I imagine we will see this world at least mentioned in one of the movies, and probably expanded on in books, comics, and games. That would really add to the "realness" of the world.

I saw another site post "somehow they will keep up with what you do" which I thought was ridiculous, as they have been playing around with MagicBand technology quite a bit. Though, I imagine it will be an addition to Magic Band version 3 or 4. The idea of being treated differently, or bar patrons telling you how you are a crap pilot, or Chewie yelling at you because you wrecked his ship....can't wait!!! And the ride that puts you in the middle of a battle? Probably a combination of screens and real life props? At least, that is what I am guessing those AT-ATs are for...can't wait to see more details! Wonder if they will move....

14 acres, totally immersive, random fights breaking out..... I only have 1 fear, what impact will shoulder to shoulder crowds have on the land?

With both lands..er..planets opening in 2019, which would be the best park to see it first? Which one do you think would be the busiest? Wonder how DL will handle the, what we assume to be MagicBand features, as well as Fastpasses. I assume tiering will be in full effect at World. Will be interesting to see how the two parks handle the opening.

With both lands..er..planets opening in 2019, which would be the best park to see it first? Which one do you think would be the busiest? Wonder how DL will handle the, what we assume to be MagicBand features, as well as Fastpasses. I assume tiering will be in full effect at World. Will be interesting to see how the two parks handle the opening.
DL's is supposed to open first. Both lands will be basically the same though.

I'm sorry if this has been addressed possibly numerous times before (This thread is just too long to catch up on). I'm starting to plan my family's december trip and we'd like to attend this dessert party. However in my research I'm noticing that there aren't any times listed for this nighttime show for the preceding months prior to December. Is this show running on a limited basis? Can we expect Jingle Bell Jingle Bam to run again in December? I'm sorry I'm just very confused (I've also noticed the same thing with ROL but I realize this is not the appropriate thread to ask this in). Thanks in advance for the help

I'm sorry if this has been addressed possibly numerous times before (This thread is just too long to catch up on). I'm starting to plan my family's december trip and we'd like to attend this dessert party. However in my research I'm noticing that there aren't any times listed for this nighttime show for the preceding months prior to December. Is this show running on a limited basis? Can we expect Jingle Bell Jingle Bam to run again in December? I'm sorry I'm just very confused (I've also noticed the same thing with ROL but I realize this is not the appropriate thread to ask this in). Thanks in advance for the help

Times are not accurate that far out. They are releasing the schedule much closer to the actual date. I don't know if anyone knows about Jingle Bell Jingle Bam yet. ROL has not really been released beyond September.

We are watching SW Episode, and Maul shows up for the first time. My son, 11, just said "Where does Maul live? At Macy's?". Ah, out of the mouths of babes:rotfl2:

I'll have to be the dissenting voice to say that we didn't find Galactic Nights to be worth the money. We had a good time but I did not feel it was at all worth it. The Christmas/Halloween parties offer more (to us) for less $. We also had a lot of issues with CMs generally being clueless about the event. We love the Christmas/Halloween parties, we love Club Villain, etc, but this one was overpriced to us. $79 would've been a better price point, unless they add in a better parade/motorcade and some sort of free snacks to try and up the value.

Just got off the phone with Disney re: the guided tour. Apparently, you can see the dates, but availability has not been released yet. I thought that I read somewhere on the boards that once dates are seen, it's only a few days before they are released? Can someone verify, please?

Thank You!!

Did you leave with the con crud as well?
I spent the entire day watching the star wars dot com live streams.

Just got off the phone with Disney re: the guided tour. Apparently, you can see the dates, but availability has not been released yet. I thought that I read somewhere on the boards that once dates are seen, it's only a few days before they are released? Can someone verify, please?

Thank You!!
Yes, usually a day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter