**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Weirdly, the longer I sit here and wait for the Tour to open up, the more I feel content to just stick with the Dessert Party, which I already booked. I am not sure I can really justify the huge cost difference . . . . I am still wavering, but I think I mainly want to do the Tour out of FOMO ("fear of missing out").

FOMO, you are so powerful! Booked the guided tour this morning!

Doing the Happy dance! Call this morning and got our tickets for 18 May for the Star Wars guided tour! So they we showing available yesterday for the week of 15 May, but the CMs could not book. Today they can! Not sure if it works for all of May, but it worked for the week of 15 - 22 May!

Thanks. We will keep trying. We aren't do it for the Jedi Training (we are too old they tell us), but Just to do something really special that is new since out last visit in 2012 before she started college. I think I will just call every day. The system does say it's available, so all I can do it keep trying I guess..
Happy Dance! Successfully booked 2 tickets for May 17th! Yippee!

I suggest that when you see other party guests begin to gather at the bottom of the stairs that lead to the exit, join them. This will insure that your nephew will have a good view of the Stormtroopers during the march to the viewing area. If you wait too long to line up, with up to 200 people in line, you may not be able see the Stormtroopers.

Another benefit is that you'll also be among the first to enter the viewing area, so your viewing spot will be towards the front. I also wouldn't pause to pick up your Chewy mugs as you enter the area. Get your spots first and then return to get the mugs. I guarantee that they won't run out.

Thank you for this tip! It worked out so perfectly. We were close and he loved it!

Are they still allowing people with ppo breakfast at Hollywood & Vine to sign up for the Jedi Training before their reservations? I've read some conflicting info, and some of it seems to be outdated. We currently have an 8:10am breakfast solely for the purpose of booking JT before we eat, and I'm trying to decide if we should keep it. Thanks!

Thank you for this tip! It worked out so perfectly. We were close and he loved it!
Glad to hear it. Always nice to hear follow up.

In a previous post, I posted:
"They've added a new component to the march that goes directly behind the Stormtroopers. I'm not going to divulge what it is so as to not spoil the surprise."
I'm curious if you noticed what it was?

I think I read on this thread a report on the Star Wars tour that said since they didn't have a child in JTA they were given access to GMR instead. Is that correct? I'm planning my FP for prior to the tour and don't want to waste one on GMR if I don't have to. Thanks

Yes you go to GMR while the kids are getting ready for training. Then meet back up with the group to watch the training.

So, I have a thought why May 5th and 6th are grayed out, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 comes out May 5th, they may have an event or hard ticket thing going on for that. I have nothing to back this up other than fact movie comes out May 5th.

First, let me say "hello" from NE Ohio. Your name and description made me chuckle! If you're willing to tell, I would love to hear your game plan. I am new to this thread, and just do not have enough time to read all 681 pages, so bear with me if you will!
We are going this December, and I would LoVE to surprise my DH and DD12 (13 at the time of our visit) with this Dessert Party! The love them some SW!
Can you tell me when tickets normally go on sale? Will they still be doing this in November? ( our trip dates are November 29-December 3. Not nearly long enough, but we are pulling the DD from school so...). We plan to go directly to HS upon arriving, and this would just be so much fun to surprise them with! I love the idea of a mid afternoon lunch at 50's, and then the Dessert party! Plus that would give us an extra DDP credit to maybe go to Le Cellier (my fav!).
I am going to go back in to this thread, but I would appreciate any info, or direction in this thread, to get any info possible!
Thanks in advance!

Another NE Ohioan here! :wave:

Dessert party dates have been released 6-ish weeks out for the last year or so, so you have a bit to wait for Nov/Dec. Additionally, last holiday season HS introduced a new holiday show (Jingle Bell Jingle BAM) which replaced the Star Wars fireworks for a while, then they were both run for a while. No telling what may happen this year, as JBJB was not particularly well received, and the release of the new movie may put focus back on SW this year, but just something to be aware of. They had a dessert party for JBJB, so there was not one for SW, even on those nights that had both shows.

Oh hello, Ohioans!

Much to Kylo Ren's chagrin when I met him at Disneyland, I feel the pull of the Light.

Not me! I got the line about joining the dark side and was all, where do I sign? He did seem a little surprised lol. Though not very impressed by my tiny keychain Kylo lightsaber...

That's what I went with too. My husband is a member of the 501st and so far just has an Imperial Officer uniform. I figured he'd want to go Dark Side. Haha. My daughter might be a little crabby though ;)
That is GREAT! I have been a member of the 501st for over 12 years! :-)

Im considering the Star Wars desert party for my family of four(two younger children). I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has done this. Was it worth it? Was the viewing location good? Are there actual seats in the viewing location? I appreciate any and all opinions on this. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter